Boston Celtics

Dagdagan pa natin ang mga what-ifs and coulda beens:

- What if Kevin McHale didn't play with a broken foot in the '87 Finals. The Celts had basically the same line-up from the previous year, whom many consider among the greatest of all time. It would be safe to say that the Lakers were lucky that McHale wasn't 100% when they won.

- What if Larry Bird didn't injure his hand in the '85 ECF (after punching a bartender). He surely would've shot better than 44% in the Finals, if the hand was okay. The Lakers were, again, lucky.

So, added to the Len Bias/Reggie Lewis, and Kyrie/Hayward coulda beens - that's probably at least 10 more championships for the Celtics. They should have 28-30 'chips instead of a measly 17 ;)

I agree with number 1 and 2. Now if you add Bias/Lewis and Irving/Hayward, the Cs would be untouchable as the greatest franchise of all time and, like I said, even with those what ifs, the Cs are still the greatest NBA franchise of all time. Dagdagan ko pa number one. Walton was injured the whole series. Parish was also playing with an injury. The Lakers were expected to sweep the Cs. Instead, the Cs took them to 6 games, maybe 7 if the Cs didn't make a numbskull play of losing the ball out of bounds when Parish and Mchale lost a lose ball in the closing seconds after Jabbar missed a free throw.

Edited by will robie

- What if the Celtics were already able to draft Bill Russell after his freshman year and not after after his senior year in '57. That could have another couple championships. Bob Petit would be lucky to win anything if matched up against Big Bill.

- What if Bill Russell didn't sprain his ankle early in the '58 Finals. As mentioned, Bob Petit and his St Louis Hawks would be lucky to win against the full-strength Celtics.

- What if Red Auerbach didn't retire from coaching after the '66 season. I doubt Wilt and the Sixers would have won if Red was still at the helm of the Cs.

- What if John Havlicek didn't injure his shoulder in the '73 ECF. The Celts were the best team in the NBA that year and I doubt the aging Knicks would've beaten them if Hondo were 100%

Regarding this, I am no position to say something since I wasn't in existence yet during Auerbach's time and the 1973 season. I will comment only on the events and the Celtics teams that I saw. Now on the what ifs on Reggie and Len, I'd say they give Boston 2 championships in the 90s. The Cs get the 1987 championship with Bias in tow.

Greatest franchise ever..

di rin nalalayo LAkers...

Regarding this, I am no position to say something since I wasn't in existence yet during Auerbach's time and the 1973 season. I will comment only on the events and the Celtics teams that I saw. Now on the what ifs on Reggie and Len, I'd say they give Boston 2 championships in the 90s. The Cs get the 1987 championship with Bias in tow.

WE don't know rin tlg what will happen that time..(tragedy)

Edited by farren21

The Cs are gonna lord it in the East this year with or without Lechoke. I would prefer the Ws to meet us in the Finals but if it is the LA Lechokers against us, I have no problem with that since the Cs are more than willing to get back at him.

Edited by will robie

medyo my pagka lebron hater ka pala bro..

The Cs are gonna lord it in the East this year with or without Lechoke. I would prefer the Ws to meet us in the Finals but if it is the LA Lechokers against us, I have no problem with that since the Cs are more than willing to get back at him.

medyo my pagka LBJ hater ka pala..

Yes, the Sixers have a dynamic duo in Embiid and Simmons but until Simmons adds a three-point weapon to his arsenal, the Sixers would be easier to guard.

it's true..shooters shooters..

the East Semis last year is for the Sixers they fade in clutch lang talaga...imagine no FULTZ pa yan...

Nagoyo ako sa hype ni Fultz. I admit I wanted him to be a Celtic at first but I am glad the Cs ditched him.

maganda ni Fultz, although TATUM proved something sa playoffs..ang magiging Problem lang C's is future Cap space..imagine kpg nag MAX out na si JB at JT..

excited to watch them against the W's...

maganda ni Fultz, although TATUM proved something sa playoffs..ang magiging Problem lang C's is future Cap space..imagine kpg nag MAX out na si JB at JT..

excited to watch them against the W's...

Danny will figure something out like he ususlly does. Tatum and Brown are the cornerstones of the future.

yeah..we will give up 1 or 2 assets..KYRIE 30M a yr contract next summer, Hayward 4 yr contract(32M a yr), HORFORD player option, how about Rozier want some increase by next yr..JB & JT in 2021 significan increase na yan

I don't know which asset you are referring to but I don't think Danny gives up any asset that should secure our future like Brown and Tatum. I believe Kyrie will get more than $30MM. The guy is the best shotmaker in the NBA barnone and he's as clutch as clutch can get. I don't need to say he's more clutch than Lechoke. After all, it was Kyrie who gave the Cavs the 2016 championship with the greatest shot in Cavs history, that cold-blooded three in the face of the MVP Curry. I would conjecture that Danny is gonna feel out Kyrie. If Kyrie bolts for his hometown Knicks after next seasono, Danny may offer Scary Terry the world. If Kyrie decides to stay in green, Scary Terry is most probably gone after next season.

I don't know which asset you are referring to but I don't think Danny gives up any asset that should secure our future like Brown and Tatum. I believe Kyrie will get more than $30MM. The guy is the best shotmaker in the NBA barnone and he's as clutch as clutch can get. I don't need to say he's more clutch than Lechoke. After all, it was Kyrie who gave the Cavs the 2016 championship with the greatest shot in Cavs history, that cold-blooded three in the face of the MVP Curry. I would conjecture that Danny is gonna feel out Kyrie. If Kyrie bolts for his hometown Knicks after next seasono, Danny may offer Scary Terry the world. If Kyrie decides to stay in green, Scary Terry is most probably gone after next season.

HAHAHA..Kyrie is good shot creator but can't win himself all alone..assets is the future picks( top 10 probably) for sure in 3 yrs they will pay the luxury tax if they keep this core intact..

we says LBJ is a choker, lol he's a playmaker that makes his teammates better..i think you're BITTER with this man..