Boston Celtics

I hope it's not a season-ending injury.

ACL chief. that's it for the season. it was a freak accident. it happened just a few seconds before the game was over.

para di OT...how about that celtics-warriors game? kyrie vs. steph shootout. if that was a preview of the nba finals then it's gonna be a classic.

That's it for the Pelicans.

I believe that it is a preview of the NBA Finals. That game could have gone either way. The Ws have been having a hard time with the Cs the past two seasons.

sayang pelicans...just when they were making a push.

and did you see those two point guards go against each other toe-to-toe? parang manok na nagsasabong hehehe and yes barring any major or serious injuries to their star players, that could very well be the preview for the june finals.

Yup. I'd like to see those two duke it out in the NBA Finals to prove who the better guard is. Kyrie owned Curry in Game 7 in the 2016 NBA Finals.

if that happens, it's gonna be a classic nba finals. yup i remember that game 7. from 2 down to 1 up. and kyrie's shot that made the king champion again...or shall we say the shot that saved the king's ass nyahahaha just like what ray allen did in miami ;)

If Boston gets Greg Monroe after being bought out by the Suns, the Cavs are surely gonna be trashed in the ECF. The thing is whatever Boston wants, Lechoke also wants. If Monroe is acquired and Hayward gets back, I won't bet against the Cs in the NBA Finals.

naku!!! nadisgrasya na...why do i have this nasty feeling that the king (?) will be transferring to the west if that happens? tsk tsk tsk good luck mr. james :D :D :D

Edited by junix

If Boston gets Greg Monroe after being bought out by the Suns, the Cavs are surely gonna be trashed in the ECF. The thing is whatever Boston wants, Lechoke also wants. If Monroe is acquired and Hayward gets back, I won't bet against the Cs in the NBA Finals.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22299809/free-agent-center-greg-monroe-agreed-one-year-5-million-contract-boston-celtics

si gordon na lang ang kulang...lechoke's days are now numbered. lipat na sa west mr. james, the king (?) :D

If Brad Stevens was the coach of the Celtics the time they had Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, they could've won 3 or 4 championships. :)

Brad Stevens is a far superior coach than Doc Rivers. :)

There is no contest as to who is the better coach between Brad and Rivers. Rivers won a championship because he had three future HOFers. Brad would have made that team a dynasty.

Celts slipping a little. Need to get Smart back. Tatum hitting the wall a bit. Can still take the #1 seed (and avoid CLE in the 2nd round) but needs to find the early season groove

The Cs can still take the number one seed. Cleveland is not the same team without Kyrie Irving. The Cavs are on a win streak but they have six new players who need to learn the system and this will show come the playoffs. Lechoke James won't have any release valve when the the pressure goes up in the playoffs. His former release valve is the best shot maker in the NBA in Kyrie Irving and Kyrie is now with the Cs. The Isaiah Thomas experiment obviously failed. The Nets and the Lakers are lottery-bound teams at this stage and I doubt if that Nets pick is a top 3 pick. I would conjecture the Nets and Lakers pick would be in the top 10 but the Laker pick is protected if it becomes number 1 but the Cs get a shot at it if that pick falls between two to five.

Between Max Kellerman and Stephen A. Smith, I'd give credence to Stephen A. Smith. Although I think Smith sometimes makes dumb comments, I'd still believe him over Kellerman when it comes to basketball. Giving credence to Kellerman is like giving credence to Larry Merchant when talking about basketball.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cs are in a bad position as far as player injuries are concerned. Brad said that GH will not play this season. Theis is done for the season and Marcus Smart may not play for the rest of the season due to a thumb injury. I have already accepted Theis being gone for the rest of the season but it was a good thing the Cs got Monroe as insurance.

Rozier was on fire as he hit eight three pointers en route to a career-high 33 points as the Cs beat the Kings. He just has to hold the fort until the first round of the playoffs. I project the Cavs to be our second-round opponents. We should beat the Cavs in 6. I bet a troll with a plethora of alter nicks will troll me if the Cavs beat the Cs and point to this post. :lol:

I truly believe that this Celtics team with Gordon Hayward can beat the Ws in the Finals.

First unit-Tatum, Hayward, Horford, Brown and Irving

Second unit-Morris, Rozier, Smart, Monroe and Baynes.

The disparity in the level of talent between the first unit and the second unit isn't that wide. Morris, Rozier and Smart can start for mid-level NBA teams. Monroe started with Detroit before. Baynes started many games at center and will probably be the center in the second unit once GH comes back. If this line-up stays intact and healthy next year, I am guaranteeing a championship.

Edited by will robie