Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Pera-Pera...

Pera-Pera lang yan... :lol:

---

For the simple reason why players no longer plays for the country .. money... or eventhough they would play .. I'm sure they would be easily outclassed .. Halos lahat ng teams in Asia has NBA bound (quality) players ... As of tayo .. wala pa ...

Yes Toroman can't do a Ron Jacobs ... But think of how good the players became when they played with "quality" teamates .. That could teach them a thing or two! ..

Beating a team that was then composed of some of the best college players in the US (some are NBA Bound like Tommy Amaker ... Joe Wolf ... Harold Pressley? ..) but after the game .. They appreciated how we played .. A team that has a 6'7" center ) Dennis Still .. A high leaping forward (Jeff Moore) ... and a fantastic shooter (Chip Engelland) .. How they have transformed their team mates into some of the greatest PBA players of all time ...

I remember a time when the commentators in international games would hear opposing coaches when they're playing RP .. Always look out for No. 8 ... He's a great shooter! .. Jersey No. 8 for the RP team - Allan Caidic ...

Go Smart - Gilas ...

THATS THE PROBLEM OF HAVING TWO TEAMS OR SEVERAL TEAMS IN a league.... we all know that TALK and text really wanted japeth so they come up with a beautifu sheme to fool the ublic..... japeth insist on playing for gilas in the guise of patriotism... tama sabi ng iba dyan pera pera pera lang yan.... i still believe that the national team is still three players away from being competitive... will see how they will fare this coming PBA season llamado cla kasi they have a 6-10 import which i think can help them win games in the PBA but not in the international level....

THATS THE PROBLEM OF HAVING TWO TEAMS OR SEVERAL TEAMS IN a league.... we all know that TALK and text really wanted japeth so they come up with a beautifu sheme to fool the ublic..... japeth insist on playing for gilas in the guise of patriotism... tama sabi ng iba dyan pera pera pera lang yan.... i still believe that the national team is still three players away from being competitive... will see how they will fare this coming PBA season llamado cla kasi they have a 6-10 import which i think can help them win games in the PBA but not in the international level....

---

It will be a couple of years before we could compete with the likes of China .. Iran .. Lebanon ... But now .. we have a great technical coach in Toroman ..

He was responsible for shaping IRAN into a contender and was a part of the Yugoslavian and Serbian Teams .. His credentials speaks for himself ...

During the Asian Basketball Tournament .. The Powerade RP lineup lacked the chemistry .. most of them relied on their one-on-one skills ...

There's no I in the word TEAM .. Look how unselfishly the Euro style of basketball .. Quick passes .. Long range sniping .. always in motion .. not the power type of game we are used to watching when the Americans play ...

I remember a time when San Miguel lost most of its star players to injuries or trade .. So what did Ron Jacobs did .. He shaped them into a defensive machine .. with only Nelson Asaytono as the major scoring threat .. They were able to finish 3rd twice with the crude line-up he had ..

Will Smart be able to replicate the feat NCC accomplished? Possible ...

well see like i said if we really have the best baller in the region y are we scouting for players abroad.... we are concentratng on players who are either fil foreigner or filipinos who are born abroad... dami natin players dyan nakatenga..... just my two cent opinion.... we are looking outward for help to boost our lineup... and not developing our players.... maybe that the reason y NBA scout skip our country as to scouting for talent....

well see like i said if we really have the best baller in the region y are we scouting for players abroad.... we are concentratng on players who are either fil foreigner or filipinos who are born abroad... dami natin players dyan nakatenga..... just my two cent opinion.... we are looking outward for help to boost our lineup... and not developing our players.... maybe that the reason y NBA scout skip our country as to scouting for talent....

---

Nice point you raised there sir ... But here's the thing ...

The reason for scouting .. is not for looking for the best player we could find moneywise .. but talented enough to "teach" the upcoming players .. transfer of technology ...

Again .. Time machine .. Just like MVP .. Danding Cojuanco was tapped by the Late then President Ferdinand Marcos in the 80's to "lead" the country back to its glory days of basketball dominance in Asia ... So what did he do .. he went to the US and looked for young coaches .. he invited two of them .. and one was Ron Jacobs .. who used to coach at Loyola Marymount .. a program he turned around after just a year ..

He has this idea of "naturalizing" American players and naturalizing them .. So that we could "learn" more on the game .. both the skills and technical aspects.

After the EDSA revolution in 86 .. Jacobs left the country ... upon his return in the 90's .. he wasn't allowed to mentor the national team ..

I agree that Toroman has a bigger hurdle now .. But I'm sure .. as long as there is no "politics" meddling with his team .. We could probably see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel ...

well, i guess some posters here will have to eat humble pie for bashing mvp... yeah, gilas is practically his team too... but look at what tnt just gave up to give japeth to the national team... two first round picks just when the national team players are ready to be drafted... so who's fooling the public now? i guess those crabs who feels they have nothing to say but bash people who merely wants to contribute something to the game the filipinos love...

it may be true that at the end of the day, the gilas team may end up failing to get to the olympics but at least we know some people tried... very much unlike most of us who instead of supporting the efforts, we would instead wallow on self proclaimed prophecies based on our twisted view of people we hardly know... just how many here who hated mvp really know him personally...

so what if mvp has the money... if he's going to use it to to try to build a respectable team... wtf is the matter with that...

so what if the gilas players are getting paid for playing for their country... at least they're playing for their country and not the inter barangay....

so what if they have an import... even the US national teams has their own import from another country... and at least these imports decided to relocate and play for the Philippines... unlike most filipinos who would rather become US citizens...

i guess the best thing for us to do is to just shut the fcuk up if we have nothing really good to say... and that goes for all of us not only the guy i quoted... :goatee:

and if anybody here dont have any idea what i was talking about....

well, after some poster bashed mvp and japeth for insinuating that there is a moro moro since they prophesied that mvp only wanted japeth to play for TNT and that japeth was part of the ruse and have no intention of really suiting up for gilas....

the news finally came out....

TNT traded for japeth so they can hand him over to gilas... in effect they surrendered their first round picks in 2013 and 2014... and the date is even more significant because it is when the gilas players will be done with their tour of duty and would be expected to apply for the draft....

so TNT got nothing in return... unless japeth decides to sign up with them after 3 yrs... because the deal even prevents TNT from getting japeth to play for them within 3 years...

:thumbsupsmiley:

and some random thoughts...

- we may have the best baller in the region but even our best of the best here is not at par just comparing to the best of asia...

- are we concentrating on players who are either fil fors or those born abroad? i dont think so... i think the better way of putting it is that we are concentrating in the best player available... it so happens that most of them are like those mentioned earlier... i just heard that gilas is trying to recruit fajardo and paul lee... and i dont think barroca has any foreign dna in him... :rolleyes: ... and they have baracael, ramos, tiu and others also...

- but i have to admit na marami dyang players na nakatenga... sa barangay na lang namin eh andaming tambay na player sa inter barangay na liga... yun lang, di kasi talented enough kaya nakatenga... :upside:

- and i would also agree that we are not developing our players... the only thing is that, even if develop our 6'4" centers very well, they will never be able to bang bodies with 6'6" guards from other countries... so i guess its not the reason why nba scout skip our country for talent... i think the simple reason is that we sadly lack the player who has enough talent (and sometimes built) to compete in the nba... :unsure:

and some random thoughts...

- we may have the best baller in the region but even our best of the best here is not at par just comparing to the best of asia...

- are we concentrating on players who are either fil fors or those born abroad? i dont think so... i think the better way of putting it is that we are concentrating in the best player available... it so happens that most of them are like those mentioned earlier... i just heard that gilas is trying to recruit fajardo and paul lee... and i dont think barroca has any foreign dna in him... :rolleyes: ... and they have baracael, ramos, tiu and others also...

- but i have to admit na marami dyang players na nakatenga... sa barangay na lang namin eh andaming tambay na player sa inter barangay na liga... yun lang, di kasi talented enough kaya nakatenga... :upside:

- and i would also agree that we are not developing our players... the only thing is that, even if develop our 6'4" centers very well, they will never be able to bang bodies with 6'6" guards from other countries... so i guess its not the reason why nba scout skip our country for talent... i think the simple reason is that we sadly lack the player who has enough talent (and sometimes built) to compete in the nba... :unsure:

---

I know there are so many talented Filipino cagers .. But the problem is international exposure ...

That is why we are bypassed .. Because the country is not competitive enough ... even in the Asian level ...

Why did they draft so many Chinese players .. Now .. even Iran .. a recent powerhouse in Asia ... was noticed .. because of Hamed Haddidi .. because they have performed well .. in international play ...

Let us see what will happen in the next couple of years ... I just hope that they would let Coach Toroman do his job without any distractions from the politicos ...

MVP is spending money so we can have a talented team for international competitions. Heck, Smart's PBA games aren't even televised for us to say that he's gaining media exposure.

MVP may have two teams, how many teams does Danding have?

Hats off to MVP.

A little OT, do teams really need muses for its opening ceremonies? Just shows you how the PBA has become stagnant. Even the buzzer is the same.

if indeed we have many talented player why not just draft them?? instead of shopping around the world for half half... better yet come up with a comprehensive sports program that will start which finding talent not for corporate gain but at the grass root level...we are the best in southeast asia, but on the asian level e malabo....

if indeed we have many talented player why not just draft them?? instead of shopping around the world for half half... better yet come up with a comprehensive sports program that will start which finding talent not for corporate gain but at the grass root level...we are the best in southeast asia, but on the asian level e malabo....

---

Again .. the basketball game is evolving .... we may have the skills but the technical aspect of the game .. That is what we need ..

That is what China does .. recruiting potential athletes at a young age ... Develop them .. and provide world class facilities to greatly improve their skills ...

I remember during the late 80's that some of our coaches used to attend some Coaching clinics in the US (if Im correct .. the Dale Brown Coaching Clinic?) .. To improve their coaching skills ..

The best is Asia .. its possible .. As long as there is no politics in the basketball system ...

one word..... pera :)

i must agree

we should have a 19 and under national team

but if im not mistaken we had one under the tutelage of Franz Pumaren

alam ko nangamote sila sa first competition na sinalihan...wonder what happened to that team

also, how much more grassroots can you get with Smart Gilas (aside from what i mentioned above)?

majority of their players are just out of college

they stood out during the NCAA and UAAP....because a lot of them played since high school

granted they have reinforcements coming in

but again, i think SBP is on the right track

rome wasnt built in a day...but every journey starts with a first step

ha ha ha! unahan ko na kayo

pinag-connect 2 totally unrelated cliches

MVP is spending money so we can have a talented team for international competitions. Heck, Smart's PBA games aren't even televised for us to say that he's gaining media exposure.

MVP may have two teams, how many teams does Danding have?

Hats off to MVP.

A little OT, do teams really need muses for its opening ceremonies? Just shows you how the PBA has become stagnant. Even the buzzer is the same.

dati apat ang team ni danding, ngayon 3 na lang, namely san miguel, ginebra and purefoods, ang nawala ay ang coke

one word..... pera :)

i must agree

we should have a 19 and under national team

but if im not mistaken we had one under the tutelage of Franz Pumaren

alam ko nangamote sila sa first competition na sinalihan...wonder what happened to that team

also, how much more grassroots can you get with Smart Gilas (aside from what i mentioned above)?

majority of their players are just out of college

they stood out during the NCAA and UAAP....because a lot of them played since high school

granted they have reinforcements coming in

but again, i think SBP is on the right track

rome wasnt built in a day...but every journey starts with a first step

ha ha ha! unahan ko na kayo

pinag-connect 2 totally unrelated cliches

That was supposed to be a 16 and under team sponsored by NOKIA ... most of its players then under Franz have gotten over the age limit and are now playing in the college league. if am not mistaken, most of La Salle's rookies are from the said team.

This is now being handled by Eric Altamirano

Source:GMA News

Fight between Arboleda, fan spoils BK win

10/16/2009 | 06:51 PM

Email the Editor Print | | More

Veteran guard Wynne Arboleda and a paying fan, who reportedly verbally assaulted the entire Burger King squad, spoiled Japeth Aguilar’s first meeting with his former squad after a fight ensued during Friday’s game between the Whopper and Smart Gilas.

Arboleda and Smart-Gilas fan Alain Katigbak took center stage in the six-minute mark of the second period overshadowing Burger King’s 115-105 triumph over coach Rajko Toroman’s developmental team.

Gary David of Burger King, left, goes one-on-one against Japeth Aguilar of Smart Gilas during their game in the PBA Philippine Cup Friday at the Big Dome. GMANews.TV

Katigbak received kicks and punches from Arboleda while seated at the special ringside section at the back of the Burger King bench.

The stocky playmaker charged to the fan, who reportedly issued profanities on every Burger King player on the bench.

“Minumura niya ako ng minumura eh," Arboleda told GMANews.TV. “Lumapit na nga ako sa kanya para tumigil siya pero tuluy-tuloy pa rin siya ng mura sa akin."

The incident took place after Arboleda was called for his second Flagrant Foul Penalty 1 against a driving Mac Barracael.

Katigbak, reportedly a friend of Smart-Gilas team captain Chris Tiu, shouted invectives against Arboleda.

Burger King assistant coach Rhoel Nadurata confirmed that Katigbak did verbally abused their players every time they are at the Whopper bench.

Arboleda said he’s ready whatever penalty the PBA will impose on him adding that he does not regret his actions. He is expected to meet with league commissioner Sonny Barrios on Monday.

“Yung family ko nanonood, tapos mumura-murahin lang ako," said Arboleda. Syempre, lalaki lang tayo eh. Pero dapat yung security sa Araneta should also do something, lalo na yung ganitong situation na mainit na yung fan and pinagmumumura kami."

Allan Caidic, who was watching at the press row, believes Arboleda has no excuse of not being penalized. But he condemned the actions done by Katigbak, who not only threw invectives on the player but also issued a dirty finger while on the way out.

“Yung ticket sa PBA may nakasulat yan sa likod na bawal magbigay ng profane language. Pwede mong asarin, pero huwag mo naman murahin. I know walang excuse si Wynne para hindi ma-penalize, but the Commissioner’s Office should also look into the matter on what triggered the player from doing such action," said Caidic.

The fan reportedly went straight to the Central Police District to file charges against Arboleda.

After the game, Burger King coach Yeng Guiao said the key to the win was their preparation against Smart-Gilas, which scored a 98-69 rout over his Powerade-Pilipinas men’s basketball team in the benefit game for typhoon "Ondoy" victims.

“Nakatulong yung nakalaban namin sila sa benefit game," said Guiao. “We came out prepared beating their handoff plays, back picks and pick and roll. But I do believe they (Smart-Gilas) will get better and get themselves adjusted soon to the PBA brand of game," said Guiao.

“It’s a good way to bounce back after a bad loss. It’s nice to win, especially against Smart-Gilas, which came out in this game beefed up," he added.

Aguilar finished with 18 points, but was visibly bothered by Burger King's physical defense in the second half. He only scored two points in the fourth period.

Smart-Gilas’ import CJ Giles finished with 12 markers and eight boards but fouled out inside the six-minute mark of the final period. – GMANews.TV

Nakaka-lalake naman pala talaga 'yung fans, like I said before, PBA players ought to be oriented or even re-oriented on how to deal with such fans, but that guy took obviously it so personally (porke kaibigan s'ya ni glamour boy chris tiu) na minumura n'ya si arboleda (and even the whole BK team) and considering na nasa likuran pa s'ya ng BK bench something is really bound to happen..

thanks for the info peithe

televised ba ung games ng smart gilas sa pba?

Super delayed telecast bro, 11:30 pm na pinalabas sa CS9.

Edited by Agent_mulder

in no instance should a PRO player get into the stands to pick on fans. you're earning hundreds of thousands of pesos and you cant take verbal abuse? that only means you arent focused and locked in the game.

have you guys forgotten about the artest brawl? he was thrown at, eh etong si arboleda sinigawan lang, kala mo naman kung ano na nangyari.

that guy should be banned. :thumbsdownsmiley:

ps. he shouldve done so outside the arena though if he wanted payback.. :hypocritesmiley:

The Smart team ain't used to pro rules but then again they train under amateur rules so they still have to adjust.

isnt that counter productive to what they are trying to achieve, they turn into another PBA playing style NT..

Edited by bubuy
Guest megalodon

isnt that counter productive to what they are trying to achieve, they turn into another PBA playing style NT.. -In terms of the rules, I would have to say it is but just so as "to keep the motor running" so to speak, they have to play so as not to be rusty when they get to play internationally. But if they really want topnotch competition, they should play European or South American teams since it is in these 2 continents where the best cagers outside of the USA can be found.