When Is The Best Time To Work Out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First thing in the morning. Provides energy for the rest of the day. In fact, if I exercise in the evening, I have a hard time falling asleep. It is like I am hyper and need a few hours to settle down. On the other hand, even when I lack sleep the previous night, when I wake up at 5 or 6 and have a choice to exercise or go back to sleep, I think an hour of exercise will give me more energy for the day than to spend that hour sleeping.

• Like (+1) 1

i read somewhere that if you want to maximize results in losing weight, you should schedule a workout in the morning (possibly without breakfast so that you'd be burning fat instead of the calories from what you just ate), and then another workout in the afternoon (so that your metabolism keeps going the entire day well into the night).

that seems tiring, btw... just saying... LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in the morning/before going to work.Studies show it will actually help you have a sounder sleep later on...exercise gets your blood pumping and adrenaline flowing, and that lasts well after you’ve done your last crunch—making it that much harder to fall asleep no matter how tired you may feel if it is done before going to bed

For me, I tried in the morning. Kaya lang sobrang hirap i-maintain :ohmy: . Tapos papasok ka pa sa work. But it does help you go through the day, feeling energetic and alive the whole day. :huh: ... Kaya lang strict discipline if you want to get the result. Plus my advise have this done at home or in a gym near your office in case its before work :blink:

• 1 month later...

I've read previous posts and some of which support working out before going to work. Even the doctor I asked mentioned the same to me.

But what has worked for me with the routine I'm doing is doing it after work. I did Rippetoe's original Starting Strength routine till my recovery went from 2 days to more than a week; I'm doing Wichita Falls strength training routine now. Each and after workout I felt I wanted to sleep in the gym after all the post-gym things I need to do. Traveling is hard because I also would like to sleep. What ruins my sleep after that is if the neighbors are noisy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to workout with a friend after work, but being in the call center biz my schedule lets me off at around 5 or 6 am so technically morning was when we started. We did this 3 times a week and in two week I could actually feel my legs get better and my then sedentary body start getting lighter. Sadly my schedule changed and now I'm without a workout buddy. I can feel the this sedentary lifestyle starting to bog me down again :(

• 3 months later...