Falling For Somebody 15 Years Older

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the only down side of an older person is the looks, all other aspects are all plus incl the sex part. :rolleyes:

I agree its the looks that will have the difference. Maybe its ok at present lets say 30 yrs old vs 45 yrs old. but after 15 more years your 45 and the other is 60. Physical looks will start to deteriorate. Especially if the guy is younger.

I have... I guess each experience differs with the type of partner one had or one has.

My experience was that the one I got into a relationship was with insecurities. And for such a time I had to manage them as I manage the relationship I had with him. It ended up messy and I was lost after we've parted ways. Yes, it did hurt... But what hurts the most was how he had me manipulated during the course of our relationship. Blinded by the emotion I had for him, I overlooked everything else and tried my best to pacify the situations. Thinking that it was the right approach since we're supposed to be both adults.

But then again there are those success stories of others. Just that not all ends well.

The thing to remember is this: if the only value the other person brings to the relationship is his/her good looks and youth to the exclusion of everything else, the relationship is doomed.

It doesn't matter if the other party is 15 years older or 15 years younger as long as you're comfortable with each other. And more importantly, as long as you're free. :)

I've been involved and loved with a guy 8years older than I am. He's married and illegally separated. He's got 3 children. The kids accepted me & called me tita although I've met the guy's mom, I felt she doesn't like me and I've heared that I'm too young for him..I thought the guy is matured enough but it seems he's bothered coz his ex wife has someone again & is preggy with that someone. And by that the ex wife tried to reach and talk to me."alagaan mo sya ng mabuti,ayaw ko na sa kanya,sana d pa pundi ang ilaw mo.pagpasensyahan mo ang kakulitan nya"...after that,napaisip Ako ng matagal...I did not promise anything.I just want an older guy because I thought he would b mature enough to handle a relationship...our relationship lasted for a year. I broke up and retain my complicated world that time.....

Edited by perriwinkle

I've never been in a relationship with someone that much older, but I've seen people close to me who have been (and still are) in those kinds of relationships. For some, age matters -- probably because they're still in their teens or early 20's. But I'm sure, once they've reached their late 20's, age is suddenly just a number. I've noticed that women who like older men are more common, but some guys I know also dig older women.

But however old a person is, the "perfect someone" is always the just the right combination of person and time. I think people will agree with me that the song, "Oh it's sad to belong to someone else, when the right one comes along" is just so accurate -- because it is. People fall in and out of love all the damn time. Maiin-love ka sa maganda, sa pogi, sa pangit, sa mataba, payat, bata o matanda. Most of the time there's no rational reason why you fall for someone, and age is just one of those mysteries.

Take for example my friend, itago natin siya sa pangalang Rosa. Rosa is a fresh grad student from UP, and well in her early twenties. The last time I saw her she was in a typical relationship: same age, college, pa-tweetums, yadayadayada. That lasted for a most of her junior to senior years, and a few months after college. They broke up because well, their world changed. They no longer see each other everyday, they work at different places were some of those reasons. They "worked" in college because it was convenient and it wasn't anything "serious."

Work life proved to be something more of a challenge. She worked as a writer, and at that time she wrote documentaries. She met a film maker who mentored her, itago natin sa pangalang "Ramon." Ramon, however, was far from her ex in ALL aspects: he was mature, more experienced, had a more decent cash flow, and WAAAAAAAY older (imagine 25-35 years older). He also had kids, he even had GRANDKIDS. She was old enough to be his BUNSO. Believe me when I say that our group was more than shocked when she introduced him to us.

Wow. Grabe. These were the only words that went on in our minds when we met Ramon for the first time. When I asked Rosa personally why, because I honestly wanted to know how a woman, at the prime of her life, can be in love with someone decades older than her. I assumed it was just a phase. I assumed the sex was probably that good. or perhaps that she needed the money and he had the capacity to give her that security. And whatever stereotypical reason anyone could think.

I asked her "Sigurado ka ba? Bakit siya?" And she said, plainly, "Kasi. kasi ganon e. Hindi ko din maintindihan, pero gets niya ako e. and for some reason, gets ko din siya." Siyempre I wasn't satisfied with the answer, but I kept it to myself. I still assumed that she'll eventually get over it.

That was almost ten years ago. Now, they're still together, happily "married" (they can't actually marry since Ramon isn't annulled) and with two kids. When I see them now, Ramon in his almost sixties and she in her early 30's, I see physical aging -- but their affection to each other, their love and their body language is still the same. I asked her again, "Naalala mo dati tinanong kita kung bakit kayo? sagot mo sa akin kasi gets ka niya? ganon pa din ba ngayon?"

"Oo. Siyempre, may mga oras na maiinis ako, magagalit. Pero normal naman 'yon e. Ang important nagdecide kami na magsama at magmahalan. Desisyon na ayusin ang pagsasama namin. Kahit naman ako yung matanda, kung walang effort para paandarin 'to, hindi din naman ito tatakbo. Kung tumagal ito ng ganito katagal, hindi dahil maganda ako o magaling siya -- siguro part na 'yon -- pero malaking dahilan 'yung conscious effort to make it work." she answered.

I think that's what's missing in most relationships is that effort. Ang dali kasing ma-in-love, and at that stage, sobrang saya, sobrang sarap lang. Pag mahirap na, pag nag-aaway na, wala na. Tanggal na yung kilig, tanggal na yung tamiks. Pait nalang yung naiisip. The reason why relationships work is because you work for it -- no matter the age, gender, character, financial status and all other reasons. Sabi nga diba, "kung ayaw may dahilan; kung gusto napakaraming paraan."

Are you kidding?. Si Jingky na lang.

sure mas ok yan pero may mga kailangan masunod bago mangyari iniisip mo.

1. mawala c manny a picture kundi kaw mamawala

2. ksing yaman mo c manny

3 ksing sikat mo c manny

4 kamuka mo c brad pitt

5 kaw na c brad pitt. :D

kung isa dyan ay d natupad, ky aling dionesia nlang. mas mababa ang criteria. :( :rolleyes: :unsure:

sure mas ok yan pero may mga kailangan masunod bago mangyari iniisip mo.

1. mawala c manny a picture kundi kaw mamawala

2. ksing yaman mo c manny

3 ksing sikat mo c manny

4 kamuka mo c brad pitt

5 kaw na c brad pitt. :D

kung isa dyan ay d natupad, ky aling dionesia nlang. mas mababa ang criteria. :( :rolleyes: :unsure:

Di ko kasing sikat si Manny ar di ko kamukha si Brad Pitt.

Oo nga, hanggang Krista Ranlllo lang ako.

Pero puwede ko rin iparetoke mukha ng katulong ko😆.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...