Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

Catcher in the Rye, huh? :rolleyes:

Yep. Also "Nine Stories", and all his other books. Waiting for the publication of the recently discovered manuscripts of his.

Also like Carl Sagan, read most of his books. Whoelse? Hmmm... I love the short stories of Bienvenido Santos.

all time favorite: Orson Scott Card ( Ender's Game <---the scifi buffs have to read this book! soon to be a major movie, along with its three sequels - Speaker of the Dead, Children of the Mind, etc.. as well as the Shadow Series; also Enchantment is one of the most awesome combination of scifi, fantasy, suspense/action, romance i have ever read)

all time favorite non-english : Louis Cha (Tsin Yung) - kung fu fantasy

other scifi authors : Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven - Lucifer's Hammer, A Mote in God's Eye, etc..

Frank Herbert - Dune series

Edgar Rice Burroughs - specially his Martian series

Robert Heinlen

fantasy: David Eddings, J.K. Rowlings

business books : Elyahu Goldratt ( The Goal , and its sequels) <--- must read for every business person

Harvey Mckay ( Swim with the Sharks, etc)

suspence and horror: Stephen King and Edgar Allen Poe

Adventure and Action: David Baldacci, Clive Cussler

Mysteries and Detective: John Dunning ( great for book collecting buffs)

Arthur Conan Doyle (S. Holmes)

GK Chesterton ( Father Brown series)

Maurice LeBlanc ( arsene lupin series)

Rex Stout ( Nero Wolfe series)

Others: Michael Crichton, Claire Bee ( chip Hilton series), Mitch Albom ( tuesday with morrie)

Edited by armand2002

laura esquivel, author of "like water for chocolate" and "law of love" ... margaret atwood ... arundhati roy, author of "god of small things" ... and currently f sionil jose, author of the rosales saga

of course, how can i forget, nick bantock of the "griffin and sabine" series :P

authors whose books i can read over and over again;

milan kundera (unbearable lightness of being), gabriel garcia marquez (love in the time of cholera etc), antoniio skarmet ( il postino), jeffrey archer ( cain and abel, prodigal daughter), tolkien, robert ludlum, tom clancy, noel streatfield ( the shoe books), umberto eco ( in the name of the rose), c.s. lewis ( chronicles of narnia)....

hmmmmmmm.... cant remember who wrote "Noble House"

A lot, a whole damn lot. Any good book that comes near is a great target for me. Oldest would be the classics, such as the Count of Monte Cristo, middle ones such as Tolkien and Kahlil Gibran, and recent ones as Tom Clancy (the engineer in me...) I'll skip dinner, sleep, and breakfast the next day, and so report for duty bombed out of my head if I get hold of a good book. I intentionally stay away sometimes...

Taipan? Dirk Struan? May-may? lemme look it up it our library at home when I get back to QC

rgds LC

Anne Rice, Stephen King and Tom Clancy, at hindi dahil sa sila ang mga sinabi sa sines\ng Orange County. i love the kind of stories they tell, and the way they tell it. favortie book ko is No Remorse by Clancy. i just love the way John Clark killed those drug pushers. :evil:

next are James Clavell for Shogun, Robert Heinlein for Starship Troopers.

sa mga manyak diyan, check out Jean Auel

jessica zafra and her witty take on everyday life

stephen king - man his books are scary

john grisham

dave barry

anne rice

michael crichton

and that guy that wrote the bear and the dragon...man i hate posting early mornings hehehe

top of the mornin' to ya fellas!!!