Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

glad to see a lot of you people are into reading.

my favorites authors (and their particular book) include:

irving welsh (trainspotting)

gabriel garcia marquez (100 years of solitude)

sir arthur conan doyle (sherlock holmes series)

isabel allende (house of the spirits)

richard bach (illusions)

milan kundera (the unbearable lightness of being)

for pulp, i like frederick forsythe and john grisham

and yes, we're all waiting for book 5 of the harry potter series - coming june 21.. pa reserve na kayo sa powerbooks or national

Edited by icemanjl33
i heard somewhere that they're going to release it sometime during the next few months, around july or august or maybe even this month. but then, that's what they said last year <_< fortunately, my sis already reserved a copy :boo: :lol:

OK...

thanks

Hey its great to see a lot of reading/book afficionados here! Hello!

I like the following myself, just to name a few:

TH White

Nietszche (Thus spake Zarathrustra)

George RR Martin

William Gibson

Bruce Sterling

HP Lovecraft (IMHO, one of the BEST at supernatural horror, I kinda passed some posts back there of fans of ole Howard, Hello to those who know the 'truth')

Arthur Machen

MR James

Jack Yeovil

CS Lewis

Nick Bantok (Giffen and Sabine)

Alan Moore

Grant Morison

Neal Stephenson

Alan Dean Foster

Dante

Umberto Eco

Pablo Neruda

Here's hoping to meet everyone oneday!

CHEERS!

hmmm.... i'm not quite particular with the authors. what catches my attention most of the time are the storylines and style of a novel - i can read from V. C. Andrews to Tolkien, Ludlum to Clancy, or even Sheldon to Harold Robbins :rolleyes: ...

But if I really have to single out a particular author, then it has to be Ambrose Bierce ;)

"Pillars of the Earth" (unabridged edition) by Ken Follet is a good read...

I haven't had much time to do pleasure reading anymore. It's just too bad because I love to read.

- Last Book Read: The Concealed Handgun Manual (wanted to carry my piece for personal protection until GMA cancelled all PTCs)

- Last Good Book Read: Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

- Historical Books: Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose and Hitler Moves East and Scorched Earth by Paul Carrell

- Favorite Sci-Fi Books and Authors: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes (This was an extremely good find at a second hand book store in Galleria. Got it for P25 :D ), Starship Troopers and Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein

- Favorite Fantasy Books and Authors: The Twins Trilogy by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman , Sandman Comic Books (if it's good enough to win a World Fantasy Award then it should good enough for this list) and Stardust by Neil Gaiman

- Finance Books: A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton Malkiel and When Genius Failed by Roger Lowenstein

- My Daily Fair (these aren't books but they form part of what I read most of the time): Inq7.net, economist.com

- Books that I can't seem to finish: The Lord of The Rings by J. Tolkien (I was comatose after the first book. Can't get the effort to read the others), The Children of Midnight by Salman Rushdie (I didn't have the time to read more. Hopefully will get more quality time in)

- My personal reading goal: I want to track down and read all the books that have won both the Hugo and Nebula awards.

glad to see a lot of you people are into reading.

my favorites authors (and their particular book) include:

irving welsh (trainspotting)

gabriel garcia marquez (100 years of solitude)

sir arthur conan doyle (sherlock holmes series)

isabel allende (house of the spirits)

richard bach (illusions)

milan kundera (the unbearable lightness of being)

for pulp, i like frederick forsythe and john grisham

and yes, we're all waiting for book 5 of the harry potter series - coming june 21.. pa reserve na kayo sa powerbooks or national

dude, try mo rin yung other books ni irvine welsh and if you're really interested in the chemical generation try "The Ecstasy Club" - forgot the name of the author lang

• 2 weeks later...