Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

Ako,love stories kc ang trip ko.Jhoanna Lindsey (dami ko nyan),Nora Roberts (dami din),Sweet Dreams (tambak),Susan Elizabeth Philips (mga 10 or so),Susan Johnson (grabe e2),Sandra Brown (ok lang).Tagal na ko nagbabasa.I started 1st year high school so madami-dami na din.I buy pa din these kinds of books pag may bagong labas kaya padami pa ng padami.Happy reading,peeps...... :P :blink:

1) Neil Gaiman (The Sandman graphic novels, smoke and mirrors, etc)

2) James Clavell (Shogun, King Rat, etc)

3) Hector Hugh Munro aka Saki (Various Short Stories)

4) Ambrose Bierce (Various Short Stories)

5) Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman (Dragonlance)

6) Stephen King (It, Salem's Lot, etc)

7) Clive Barker (The Books of Blood- etc)

8) Isaac Asimov (Sci Fi)

9) Miyamoto Musashi, Nicolo Machiavelli, SUn Tzu (Book of Five Rings, The Prince, The Art of War)

10) The Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Andersen, Oscar Wilde (collected Fairy Tales)

11) dami pa... hehehe- baka di magkasya :D

Fiction:

Books by Robert Ludlum, Fredrick Forsythe, Tom Clancy, and John Grisham.

Parepareho young first three authors na spy at war ang novels maliban kay John Grisham whose specialty is legal thrillers.

Pag walang naka-tinggin, nag-babasa din ako ng Sidney Sheldon at Jackie Collins na puro babae ang bida.... :D

victor hugo! classic

Erick von Danicken (sino merong book nya before Chariots of the Gods?)kung ibebenta nyo...pm nyo ako ha.

meron ako.... Chariot of the Gods atchaka yung isa pa niyang book (forgot the title)..

wanna trade? :) wat books do you have?

victor  hugo! classic

Erick von Danicken (sino merong book nya before Chariots of the Gods?)kung ibebenta nyo...pm nyo ako ha.

meron ako.... Chariot of the Gods atchaka yung isa pa niyang book (forgot the title)..

wanna trade? :) wat books do you have?

tapos na ako sa chariots of the Gods?

yung isa ang di ko pa nababasa...di ko makita e.

may nabili akong 20 pesos na Earth:Colony halos pareho ng kay von Danicken.

art criticism books...anyone?

Guest psychosexy

doreen valiente

edgar allan poe

jk rowling

jae lee

neil gaiman

lualhati bautista

danton remoto

stephen king

clive barker

anne rice

gabriel garcia marquez

william shakespeare

hmmm.....that's all i can think off right now..i love reading anything about the occult, supernatural and mythology.

Medyo madami dami na din ako nabasa, some of them gusto ko ideas, some of them ayoko, some of them gusto ko nung una then later on ayoko na, etc. My all time favorites:

1. Odyssey trans by Robert Fitzgerald. I love reading ancient literature/ and on ancient history. Herodotus and Plutarch, Gibbons is a great read, although difficult at times.

2. Among the moderns, Catcher in the Rye JD Salinger, The Great Gatsby FScott Fitzgerald, Moby Dick Herman Melville..Kitchen Banana Yoshimoto

3. Tolkien's books..simula nung Grade 1 nagustuhan ko na. Middle Earth trivia pwede ako.

4. Ayn Rand, gusto ko dati nung college, ayoko na after graduation. Lalo na nung nabasa ko biography ni Ayn Rand.

5. Carl Sagan is always a favorite too. Broca's Brain, The Dragons of Eden.

6. Sa poetry, Odes ni Pablo Neruda, especially yung Ode to the Watermelon. Ode to the Onion, and Ode to a Table, Ode to a Sock

7. Another college/high school favorite is Kurt Vonnegut. Nakakatawa, also yung mga short stories ni Woody Allen.

8. Sa philo, ok sa akin basahin si Bertrand Russel, David Hume, Kant. Nakakainis basahin si Nietzche.

Dami pa.

gotta add the following to my list:

clive barker (at times better than stephen king)

m.r. james (creepy yet elegant)

fritz leiber (fahrd and the grey mouser)

carl sagan (highly recommend demons in the dark)

steven pressfield (gates of fire, brings history to life)

well i guess i'll have to name the books of the authors also: G.G. Marquez -Love in the time..., 100 years...; Asimov's Foundation series; tolkien siyempre, jostein gaarder's cool also, mark danielewski - house of leaves (champion!); neil gaiman - smoke & mirrors, sandman!; umberto eco's essays..., paulo coehlo - averonika decides to die and the by the river piedra. that's all i can remember right now

Salman Rushdie

Arundati Roy (The God of Small Things)

D.H Lawrence

T.S. Elliott

William Somerset Maugham

Henry Kissinger

Margaret Thatcher (Statecraft & The Downing Street Years)

Jonathan Dimbleby (Dimbelby?)

Kitty Kelly's tell-all books (ppl just hate her & say na she's awful blah-blah-blah but actually she's a good writer. her narrative is good & smooth. easy reading. her books might not become classics, but i don't care.)

Alexander Dumas (Sr. & Jr.)

Honore de Balzac

Janell Cannon (Stellaluna & Verdi---children's books)

Ian Falconer (Olivia & Olivia Goes to the Circus---kid's books)

Lord Byron (his letters)