Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

Guest lemon
Tom Clancy, John Grisham, Michael Crichton, Stephen Cannel, Mario Puzo, John Patterson, David Baldacci. I've read most of their books at least twice...

Any suggestions on similar authors of the Action/Suspense, and Legal genre? My problem with these authors is that they write too slow... :angry:

Try mo, bro, si Jeffrey Archer, The Eleventh Commandment & First Among Equals

Harper Lee (To k*ll a Mockingbird), at dahil sa romantikong tao ako, syempre fave ko si Jane Austen, especially yung Persuasion, at si Judith McNaught (Paradise). At ang walang kamatayang si JD Salinger (pero hindi sya romance novelist ha). I also read Sheldon and Grisham books. during my teens, i was hooked with Agatha Christie's stories.....

• 1 month later...
Kasama pala ako dito sa mga SF and F genre fan club. If you guys want to try another good fantasy author, try reading The Recluce Saga by L.E. Modesitt Jr., If anybody already read it, i'm just curious about your comments about it. :)

btw i just finished reading Robert Jordan's 10th book in the wheel of time series, Crossroads of Twilight and I felt kinda disappointed.

very engrosing books ni modesitt, complet ka ba sa books nya? Na try mo na books ni Martin?

I'm into SF&F genre, horror, mythology. Though kung walang ginagawa, kahit anong book pwede na. :lol:

I'm now reading Ernest Hemingway's For whom the Bell Tolls. Now I know why he got a Noble Prize for Literature.

I read Wild at Heart last week tapos pag natapos ko yung Hemingway this week balik ano ng national bookstore bili ulit ako ng iba pang Hemingway.......

I also read Unbearable lightness of Being, muntik ko siyang hindi ma bear ang tagal kong binasa......

James Hamilton Patterson - "Ghosts of Manila" Gruesome opening scene, but goes on to explore the lives of Urban poor in real depth - its excellent, the guy obviously loves the Philippines - quirkiness and all!

He also wrote "Playing with Water" Much more peaceful book - it's a novel, but based on his time spent living with fishing communities in Marinduque

Took some university subjects studing English and mixed literature and romantic poetry and prose so have some favourites from that:

Geoffery Chaucer, Robert Browing, Randolf Stow, T.S Eliot, all Shakespeare.

More modern include fantasy by the master Tolkein, Raymond E Feist, David Eddings and Robert Jordan.

Also like biographies, books on history especially military

I am actually really bummed out that I do not have as much time anymore to read as i used to and there are too many good authors that I enjoy to mention.

i like jeffrey archer

1. not a penny more not a penny less (the best)

2. a quiver full of arrow

3. honor among thieves

4. first among equals

5. prodigal daughter

hope i could read some of his other books.. (don't have the time yet)

just bought robert ludlum's the gemini contenders and the road to gandolfo... i'll read it when i have the time.

i also like richard bach's jonathan livingstone seagull...

hmmmm...

what else...

i'm starting hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (thanks to trillian)

what else....

hehe the harry potter series of course....

local authors

f. sionil jose....

my brother my executioner

mass

haven't read the rest of his books

then steven javellana's without seeing the dawn...

i was addicted to shakespeare in high school... read othello, macbeth, hamlet, all's well that ends well, midsummer night's dream, the tempest, hmm... twelfth night (probably my favorite) , romeo and juliet... king lear... what else... dami eh.. don't remember all...

don't really have the time to read now .... in a few months time siguro...

any recommendations???? for more books to read????

hmmm... off the top, eto yung mga authors na naalala ko..

tom clancy, frederick forsyth, nicholas sparks, r.a. salvatore, stephen king, john grisham, michael crichton, f. scott fitzgerald, mga ilang philosophers (Philo major kasi ako e, pero enjoy din sila basahin! :P ).

di ko na gaano maalala yung iba kasi naka-tago na yung mga books e

stepmy fave is

shogun by james clavell (1000+ pages but I read this 3x)

i've read books by

tom clancy

john grisham

michael crichton

robert jordan

george rr martin

robin hobb

jonathan kellerman

stephen king

stephen baxter

wow, halos pareho tayo ng mga authors na fave ah, kulang lang sa sinabi mo yung mga sci fi and fantasy authors tulad nina arthur clarke, isaac asimov, tracy hickman, jrr tolkien...

in summary :

tom clancy - love all his books, especially lahat kung san andun si jack ryan

john grisham - not really into his books, although medyo ok naman yung movie adaptation nung books nya

michael crichton - good books too, sphere and jurassic's much better sa book than movie

rober jordan - quantity in pages of his books, but not quality

jonathan kellerman - liked reading his psych-thriller books at first, may character din syang ala-jack ryan ni tom clancy, pero it wears off pag nakabasa ka na nung the rest ng books nya about this character

stephen king - alam ko sikat sya but im not much into his books

james clavell - sana yung binasa mo na lang is yung sponsored/edited nyang book ni Sun Tzu, the art of war ;)

also very highly recommended, frederick forsyth, robert ludlum

btw, remember franklin w dixon? :)

yun lang po B)