Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

novel: Rowling (the one of horry potter? :blink: )

John Grisham

Richard Paul Evans

psycho spiritual: Robert Fulgum (All i need to know i learned in Kindergarten)

Henri Nouwen

Scott Peck

Chxn soup writers (sino-sinu nga yon? :unsure: )

Leo Buscaglia

Jack or anyone, any good book u can recommend?

someone mention jessica zafra... i like her authenticity.. i'll read one soon..

Edited by patronus

James Michener (master of the epic)

Harold Robbins (my unforgettable entry point into erotica)

Tom Clancy (king of the techno thriller)

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes, anyone?)

Ludlum, Forsythe, Follett, Cussler (conspiracy and adventures galore)

...and the authors collectively known as Franklin W. Dixon who churned out the Hardy Boys series! :D

Guest Tease2

I absolutely adore Hemingway not only for his deceptively simple prose, but also because he was a man's man: prodiguously intelligent, sensitive, humorous, adventurous -- sometimes reckless. The guy was one of the toughest men ever: people fail to see that because he died by his own hand.

I like Marquez for the cleverness of his short stories. Of course, we all know the language is brilliant and stunning. When he describes flowers, you can smell them off the page.

Others I like are Borges, Graham Greene, Nick Joaquin -- of course, Robert Graves, John Gardner. There are more but to list them all down would be a ridiculous effort. I do not read pop lit, unfortunately. The loss is mine.

victor  hugo! classic

Erick von Danicken (sino merong book nya before Chariots of the Gods?)kung ibebenta nyo...pm nyo ako ha.

meron ako.... Chariot of the Gods atchaka yung isa pa niyang book (forgot the title)..

wanna trade? :) wat books do you have?

meron ako "the eyes of the sphinx" nabili ng kuya ko sa parang book sale sa guam kaya di pwede trade. tsaka mga pre erich von daniken yun fyi lang. :)

C.S. Lewis, Robert Louis Stevenson, Eric Segal(apologies if i got his name wrong), Jose Rizal, Tom Clancy, May Tan, J.K. Rowling, Coonts, author of Seagull, J.R. Tolkien, Antoine something..author of the little prince, T.S. White...and many more I cant remember.

Jack or anyone, any good book u can recommend?

someone mention jessica zafra... i like her authenticity.. i'll read one soon..

ah... it's kinda hard to recommend a good book 'coz i don't know what other genres you're interested in and i haven't read many books by some of the authors you mentioned 'cept Grisham, Rowling and the chicken soup people. :( maybe you can recommend some books to me ;)

wheee!!! i finally got home and started on my sister's latest Horny err... Harry Potter book! :lol:

Edited by jackdaleaper
Joshua Harris....the author of "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" and "Boy Meets Girl" :wub:

Wow! I never tought someone from MTC would read that book (I kissed dating goodbye). I read it two years ago due to overwhelming depression...I might read it again :cry: eventually...

I'm still hooked with Anne Rice's novels. Halos matapos ko na yung 8 libro nya sa Vampire chronicles and I'm still planning to continue 'till the very last book. Plano ko rin basahin yung mga erotica novel nya with Beauty. Mukhang ok kasi dark ang erotic yung novel. I just hope I'll be able to find the first book :unsure: ...there's one erotic novel I've read with the title "Exploits of the young Don Juan"...lupit nun!!! Grabe nakalimutan ko lang yung author kasi ang tagal na nung nabasa ko yun.

Nabasa ko na din yung "Alchemist" ni Paulo Coelho; "Tuesdays with Morrie" ni Mitch Albom (syet naiyak ako dito); a couple of Robert Ludlum novels; "Amistad" ni David Pesci at hindi ko na maalala yung iba pa... :blink:

Charlotte Bronte author of Jane Eyre. :)

It is the story of an orphan who later becomes a governess and finds a lover. This was Bronte’s most successful novel and it remains her most famous work. Much of Jane Eyre is said to be based on Charlotte’s own unhappy childhood. :)

For me it would be,

Ernest Hemingway> simple, raw, you can almost hear the bulls running behind you in Pamplona, or smell the ground after the rain in Africa

John Steinbeck> Grapes of Wrath, Cannery Row

Stephen Ambrose> non-fiction( D-day, Band of Brothers, Pegasus Bridge, Citizen Soldiers)

JRR Tolkien> the best fantasy ever written

Gabriel Garcia Marquez> 100 years of Solitude

Renato Constantino> Dissent and Counter Consciousness

Harper Lee> To k*ll a Mockingbird ( too bad Gregory Peck is now gone, played Atticus Finch in the movie version)

Stephen King> The Stand, Dark Tower series( wondering when will book 5 come out?)

C.S. Lewis, Robert Louis Stevenson, Eric Segal(apologies if i got his name wrong), Jose Rizal, Tom Clancy, May Tan, J.K. Rowling, Coonts, author of Seagull, J.R. Tolkien, Antoine something..author of the little prince, T.S. White...and many more I cant remember.

its Antoine De St. Exupery ( hope i got it right)

If you're referring to Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, i think its Bach( forgot first name, he also wrote, One, The Bridge Across Forever, Bi-plane, lovely books)