• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

:blush:

question to those who like science fiction books. do you think that robert jordan got a bit greedy that's why the world of time series whcih started out great fizzled out as he extended it?

Yeah I think so.

The pace of the story was faster in the first 3 books than the rest. Parang pinahahaba na lang niya yung storya. With new characters and topics. But I heard it's down to 2 books na lang (total of 12 for the series)

Kakaasar, kailangan balefire nya muna yung kalaban para di na mabuhay uli.......

:mtc:

shrike,

pre, since you're the only person i know (at least through mtc :) ) who is actually into ancient greek, you're my only hope in this regard: would you know where i can find a copy of the anabasis by xenophon? i desperately need to add this to my collection!

believe me, i've tried :) and come up empty-handed each time :(

Hi there! Hmmm, books I've read...theres JRR Tolkien (all 9 books), Dragon Lance (selected 'series'), , Robert Kiyosaki, Millionaire Next Door, Celistine Prophecy, The Four Agreements, You Can Heal Your Life, and used to be into Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, Anne Rice, Star Wars (stopped after the first two trilogies), also used to be into ancient mythology (Greek, Norse, Egyptian). Then there's I Kissed Dating Goodbye by David Harris (lost his second book) and some old books of Leo Buscaglia and of course, the Bible :). That's about it top of mind. I still have a number unfinished ones back home - Dante's Paraiso, Confessions of St. Augustine (taking me forever), and I forget. I'll probably catch up again within a year after I get current business concerns in order

Z,

First two trilogies of star wars kamo? I presume the first was made up of episodes 4 to 6. Which second trilogy were you referring to? The one which starred Admiral Thrawn (oops, sorry, GRAND Admiral Thrawn)? Now that one was superb!

At any rate, it's nice to find someone who actually appreciates the Star Wars novels

More power to you!

Z,

First two trilogies of star wars kamo? I presume the first was made up of episodes 4 to 6. Which second trilogy were you referring to? The one which starred Admiral Thrawn (oops, sorry, GRAND Admiral Thrawn)? Now that one was superb!

At any rate, it's nice to find someone who actually appreciates the Star Wars novels

More power to you!

Yes, the the first covers Grand Admiral Thrawn and the succeeding one is about the Champions of the Force (first batch of students from the Jedi Academy). These two can be developed into films...

And thanks! Just need to find more time to finish the rest of the books I've purchased. Right now I'm limited to what's online (Vatican 2 documents), financial services courses and work related materials :)

z : vatican 2? worthwhile read especially if your into the illuminatti conspiracy theory. :evil: i've read vatican 1 and 2 just for kicks with this theory as a frame of mind and bro was i really vexed by the parallelisms ! :cry:

Lord R : wanna know how many weird rizalistas are out there? check the Knights of Rizal org. last time i'v seen them is they are near the manila hotel area. rizalistas are a good source to find really trivial books and infos about rizal.

malachi : i'm not into greek. personally, reading it the way we read it is a painstaking process, it was my obsession before just to have high marks in school (it was an 85% casualty in the class, got an A). Anabasis? i think i saw a copy in our school lib. i'll check next year. B)

hi guys,

Just wanted to ask you if you have soft copies of books (TXT or PDF) or a websthat I could find some, more on F&SF, horror, mythology, occult, ..........

Just wanted to read some while at work..... hehehehe (don't do much here).

Incidentally any body wants a copy of Harry Potter books? I have a soft copy of books 1 to 5. Just send me an email and I'll forward you the books.

shrike,

knights of rizal? i know them.. sheesh.. they nominated me for model student thingie... hate it.

i just got my hp5 back.. so i'm reading it for the 6th time na...

diwata,

until when yung fair? what type of books? ang layo kasi sa kin ng place eh... para i can take my "driver" with me.. no hassle.

classics meron? technical books? do they have books on computers? php? or any engineering books... preferably on engineering mechanics...