Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

Hello Sir PCG. I just want to ask two questions.

1.) Nagaassemble po ba ng PC ang PCGilmore in any branch? How long will it take?

2.) How much do you think I will need to assemble a high-end gaming PC with all top of the line parts installed?

I'm thinking kasi of building a high-end PC so that I could use it without upgrading for a long time. And also I'm preparing to play Diablo III with maximum graphics usage. Can you also show me possible sample specs of what the PC would look like?

Thanks!

1.) Nagaassemble po ba ng PC ang PCGilmore in any branch? How long will it take?

2.) How much do you think I will need to assemble a high-end gaming PC with all top of the line parts installed?

I'm thinking kasi of building a high-end PC so that I could use it without upgrading for a long time. And also I'm preparing to play Diablo III with maximum graphics usage. Can you also show me possible sample specs of what the PC would look like?

Thanks!

you need 100k for a high end gaming pc, puro top of the line

basta high end gaming rig talagang hindi ka makakatipid. Try mo sa tipidpc.com to get the best deals.

Thanks bro i'll check this out.

basta high end gaming rig talagang hindi ka makakatipid. Try mo sa tipidpc.com to get the best deals.

mga sir, im not a techie person. i just want to ask if what specs of computer should i buy for a 40k budget. i have my old pc but that's like p3 pa po ..thanks in advance..

hintay ka muna for next year kasi lalabas yung mga bagong processor at motherboard. Sayang lang kung ngayon ka upgrade ng PC.

hintay ka muna for next year kasi lalabas yung mga bagong processor at motherboard. Sayang lang kung ngayon ka upgrade ng PC.

ganon po ba sir kase kaya ngyon ako buo ng pc kase wala din magamit sa bahay. kelangan pang pumnta sa computer shop para lang makagamet ng pc...well ano po bang motherboard un and processor? me nabasa ako un ba un quad?

Is there a price difference between a cash purchase and a credit card purchase?

Yes meron difference. Almost all shop offer discount kung cash payment. Then regular price if credit card purchase. Some shop even add 3%-5% kung credit card. Pero syempre it's up to the buyer kung ano yung makakagaan sa kanya when spending.

Thought so bro. I was just wondering if going to PCGilmore will make it cheaper for me.

hi good afternoon,

here's an example ng binuo kong cpu for me, and it satisfies me sa lahat ng games.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz 8mb 1066Mhz

Asus P5Q P45 DDR800/Sound/GLan/1394

Kingston 2GB PC6400 DDR2 800 X 2

Samsung 320gb 7200rpm SATA

Samsung SH-223Q 22X SATA Lightscribe

Antec Nine Hundred (Ultimate Case- NO PSU)

Acbel IPower 660 610Watts

Powercolor ATI HD4850 DDR3 PCIE 512MB 256Bit

-

-

-

Total Price Php44,400.00

wala pa pong monitor yan.

aabot ng 100k if super top of the line ang kukunin, like the memory will be 32gb, 1 tb hard disk, 1gb mb 512bit vid card, etc.

but it's overpowered for home use. lol.

Edited by PCG
Hi.. I was wondering what graphics card people are using here..

I recently switched from my xbox360 to playing games on my PC. im not that tech savy but according to my computers specs my unit had a 2.7ghz proccessor and 1gb ram..

but i encountered problems while loading up games such as assasins creed, age of conan, hitman blood money, infernal, etc.

i think its my graphics card that is not up to par.. what would you guys suggest.. I have been told that Geoforce would be my best bet.. but im confused with the many different types and wide range in prices..i wouldnt want to spend too much on a graphics card.. max i would be willing to shell out is probably 2k..

what would my best option be?

hi sir, what is the capability slot of your cpu? is it an agp or pci slot?

assasin's creed talga mataas ang requirements sir. i've posted na ung requirements nya, see to it that nameet nyo ung requirements or else medyo mabagal talga ang game.

Thanks!

1.) yup, we assemble pc, no extra charge. usually it takes 45mins to 1 hour.

2.) including HD LCD, 55-60k.

diablo III has not yet released it's system requirements. lets wait for that. :lol:

everyone is, i think.. ^_^

Edited by PCG
hi good afternoon,

here's an example ng binuo kong cpu for me, and it satisfies me sa lahat ng games.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz 8mb 1066Mhz

Asus P5Q P45 DDR800/Sound/GLan/1394

Kingston 2GB PC6400 DDR2 800 X 2

Samsung 320gb 7200rpm SATA

Samsung SH-223Q 22X SATA Lightscribe

Antec Nine Hundred (Ultimate Case- NO PSU)

Acbel IPower 660 610Watts

Powercolor ATI HD4850 DDR3 PCIE 512MB 256Bit

-

-

-

Total Price Php44,400.00

wala pa pong monitor yan.

aabot ng 100k if super top of the line ang kukunin, like the memory will be 32gb, 1 tb hard disk, 1gb mb 512bit vid card, etc.

but it's overpowered for home use. lol.

Thanks sir! Other than for the memory which I wanted to be at 4GB, I think this is a pretty good rig. So siguro i'll prepare 50-55t for this. :rolleyes:

Thanks sir! Other than for the memory which I wanted to be at 4GB, I think this is a pretty good rig. So siguro i'll prepare 50-55t for this. :rolleyes:

bro, wag ka muna bumili ng PC this year. Wait ka muna, kasi lalabas na yung mga bagong processor at motherboard late this year. Late next year or early 2010 pa naman ang Diablo 3. You have the money to spend naman, kaya wait mo yung X58 chipset ng intel w/c supports SLI and Crossfire and mga bago pang video cards.

bro, wag ka muna bumili ng PC this year. Wait ka muna, kasi lalabas na yung mga bagong processor at motherboard late this year. Late next year or early 2010 pa naman ang Diablo 3. You have the money to spend naman, kaya wait mo yung X58 chipset ng intel w/c supports SLI and Crossfire and mga bago pang video cards.

gnun b? anyway im planning to build it naman when D3 announces its final release date so that I will still have time to test my rig. At talagang ipapaassemble ko lang ito para sa D3 since i'm avid fan. For the past two versions I have been utilizing the full extent of its graphics capabilities. However because of Windows Vista and today's state of the art gaming platforms, I feel that I will really need to push my PC to the limit with this new version.

sir request naman po ng price list

computer parts.....

printers....

web cam...

etc...

ty po...

guys need help planning to buy a pc my budget is 17k to 18k only......80 gig hd lang po ram po 512 mb or 1 gig...may video card po....ung pwede din pong panggaming....thanks po sa help..

gnun b? anyway im planning to build it naman when D3 announces its final release date so that I will still have time to test my rig. At talagang ipapaassemble ko lang ito para sa D3 since i'm avid fan. For the past two versions I have been utilizing the full extent of its graphics capabilities. However because of Windows Vista and today's state of the art gaming platforms, I feel that I will really need to push my PC to the limit with this new version.

ah ok. Next year ka pa naman bibili then mas maganada kung ikaw na mismo mag-assemble ng pc mo para mas maramdaman mo yung rig mo. Try to research about the specs na gusto mo. Madali lang naman mag-assemble eh.

ah ok. Next year ka pa naman bibili then mas maganada kung ikaw na mismo mag-assemble ng pc mo para mas maramdaman mo yung rig mo. Try to research about the specs na gusto mo. Madali lang naman mag-assemble eh.

yup as early as now nagtitingin2x na ako sa mga computer shops for possible combinations. gusto ko kasi sana pang-matagalan na din kasi sayang kung bibili ako ng low-end pero mga 1yr lang hindi na nya kaya yung mga bagong applications. but as advised by you and sir pcg ayoko din siguro ng super high end kasi masyadong overpowered for home use.

guys need help planning to buy a pc my budget is 17k to 18k only......80 gig hd lang po ram po 512 mb or 1 gig...may video card po....ung pwede din pong panggaming....thanks po sa help..

Intel E2200 2.2Ghz - 3,600

XFX MG630i-7159 w/ V/Snd - 3,700

2GB Team Elite Dual Channel Kit DDR2 800 - 2,100

160GB WD Caviar Sata - 2,000

20x LG DVD Writer LS Sata - 1,300

Gigabyte 4 in 1 Case w/ PSU/KB/M - 2,300

eto bro 15k budget pc. Ikaw nalang bahala kung upgrade kapa ng VC or mas mbilis na processor. This spec can play most games.

question lang po mga boss. hopefully any person credible enough can answer me. a friend bought a laptop at(popular computer corner) gilmore dated may 1, 2008. 2 days ago she told me there was a crack at the LCD (monitor). i checked it, meron nga. the receipt says 7 days Warranty Outright Replacement and 1 year Warranty on Parts & Labor.

i told her to call the shop (PCCorner) but she was told by the female person at the other line (tindera ata)that "kasalanan" na daw ng user un and d daw nila papalitan. my friend insists that never nababagsak and ni hindi napapatungan ung laptop. in fact bihira lang nya gamitin to.

she is quite shocked at the answer considering mahal ung laptop na binili nya and hindi pala ma cocover ng warranty. is it true d na ba macocover to? 2 months old pa lang ung laptop.

we hope we can be enlightened on the situation.what should we do? thanks in advance for the comments and suggestions on what to do next.

BTW, the laptop is MSI PR200

PCG,

Perhaps you can help me find where i can buy a replacement set of ink cartridge for Dell model A920 printer and how much.

Looking forward for your reply.

PCG,

Follow-up lang po tungkol doon sa query ko concerning replacement ink cartridge ng Dell mod. A920 or doon sa mga members with same type of printer, baka mayroon kayong alam or alternate para naman magamit ko uli ang printer.

Maraming salamat,

:unsure: