Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

I got a question regarding upgrading my PC.

I currently have

P4 3.0 Ghz with Hyperthreading

Asus P800 motherboard

Inno 3d GeForce 5200 128 bit video card

1.5 G ram (generic/PQI)

600 watts power supply

1x80G hard disk (this is my c drive)

1x120G hard disk (this is my d drive or where I keep my work files)

It's running fine but I want some upgrade. Problem is Im not a technical person and I dont know what parts I should be buying, and Im clueless regarding installation. I dont know anything about these stuff.

Can PC Gilmore give me what parts I need to buy and can they also install those parts for me? If so, how much is the installation fee if any? And how long does the procedure take? Hours? I hope I dont need to leave my PC at the shop for days.

These are the things Id like to get:

1) Id like those fans with lights, preferably blue led lights. CPU fan and heat sink is it? I heard a good brand is Zalman with those thin copper fins and bright blue light.

My pc temp is now 44C to 52C when idle, and goes up to 65C to 70C when Im doing some graphics work. I read from a product review that Zalman can make the idle temp to 35C and the working temp to 60C.

2) Id like to have more RAM, maybe 2GB?

3) Id like my 80G hard disk (my C drive, or where my OS and other programs live) upgraded to 250 GB. But if I replace it, what happens to my software? Do I have to reinstall again or can I just copy from the 80G and paste to the new 250 G?

4) Id like a new AGP video card...maybe something beter than what I have right now.

Thanks!!! Much appreciated if PC Gilmore can help :-)

Oh, I hope you also hve those new burger type speakers?

Some suggestions:

Your upgrading the VC, HD, and RAM, maybe can just add some more cash or wait till you have enough then you can buy a brand new cpu na with Core2Duo processor and then just sell or give away the old CPU. Your AGP video card is too obsolete and you might want to consider a new motherbaord with PCIxpress slot. May mga mura na CPU from 9k-15K.

3) Id like my 80G hard disk (my C drive, or where my OS and other programs live) upgraded to 250 GB. But if I replace it, what happens to my software? Do I have to reinstall again or can I just copy from the 80G and paste to the new 250 G?--you have reinstall everything. The best option would be to just add another HD. leave the other 80 Gig HD for your OS, then the 250GB for data storage and programs also.

2) Id like to have more RAM, maybe 2GB? - Depends on you Motherboard, if you have 1.5 (then thats 1 GB + 512) then youl probably need another 1GB module and replace the 512 with 1gig. Also please take note of what kind of RAM module are you using (ex DDR, DDRII).

4) Id like a new AGP video card...maybe something beter than what I have right now. -AGP is too obsoloete, PCI express cards newer cards and better cards. Try considering buying new mobo as AGP can be hard to find nowadays.

hello po.. para po sa mga nakakaalam..

curious lang po ako kung ano ang processor na celeron..

kung mas mataas (updated) ba sya compare sa pentium 4..

kasi po mura yung mga laptop na celeron M..

pasensya na po at wala akong alam sa pc hehehe..

thanks at advance happy new year sa lahat/

Mas mabilis at mas mura ang Celeron sa P4 pero ok naman din ang quality nya.

I suggest mag ipon ka nalang and buy the Core2duo or Centrino processors para mas upgraded ka.

Important question is "Para saan ba PC mo?" if its just office and browsing then ok na yang celeron. Pag mag games ka or graphics design, you might want to buy faster PC's with higher memory like 2GB.

help naman mga msters!

bumabagal na kasi tong pc ko, lalo na pag ssurf ako. im using naman pldt dsl, dati mabilis naman to. what do you recommend? iniisip ko baka kailangan iformat. tama ba yun??? thanks in advance!!!

Causes of a slow PC not in order

1. Virus

2. Spyware

3. Fragmented files

3. too many programs running.

Solution:

1. Update you AV to the recent and do a full scan

2. Update your Anti spyware/Mallware to the recent versiona and do a full scan

3. Defrag

4. Upgrade your PC

The best solution for you is to backup your files and then mag reformat ka, then install current antivirus. Then update Windows.

good day mga boss! ask ok lng whats the best printer i can buy? My budget is 3k to 5k only. For home use only. Thanks in advance

My seggestion is try to know about continious ink system. It can save you a lot of money. Then ask sa mga

nag kakabit nun kung ano printers ang kaya nilang i convert. Sakin EPSON C90 bought it 3k last june. Continious ink is

aroung 2-4k up.

Mas mabilis at mas mura ang Celeron sa P4 pero ok naman din ang quality nya.

I suggest mag ipon ka nalang and buy the Core2duo or Centrino processors para mas upgraded ka.

Important question is "Para saan ba PC mo?" if its just office and browsing then ok na yang celeron. Pag mag games ka or graphics design, you might want to buy faster PC's with higher memory like 2GB.

thanks po sa reply.. masyado lang akong curious sa celeron na processor sa mga laptop.

but im planning to upgrade my desktop to core 2 duo 8400. wait lang akong bumaba pa price hehehe.. at yung pasalubong kong laptop kay kuya n amd x2 na lang siguro para mas mura compare sa intel na processor.

thanks uli po sa pashare ng knowledge. have a blessed new year sa lahat..

thanks po sa reply.. masyado lang akong curious sa celeron na processor sa mga laptop.

but im planning to upgrade my desktop to core 2 duo 8400. wait lang akong bumaba pa price hehehe.. at yung pasalubong kong laptop kay kuya n amd x2 na lang siguro para mas mura compare sa intel na processor.

thanks uli po sa pashare ng knowledge. have a blessed new year sa lahat..

bossing sory mali nasabi ko. Mas mabagal ang celeron sa P4 kaya mas mura sya.

ayaw umilaw nung LED light ng UPS ko, pero yung AVR nya gumagana, its an apollo model, bale magkasama yung UPS at AVR. How do I fix this? Ini off ko lang siya tapos di na gumagana yung UPS part. Any body, I need help.

How long have youve been using it? Most possible cause is that the battery is already dead. Have it diagnosed na lang sa technician to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Do they have PC store na nagbebenta ng second hand PC's...hehehe :cool:

i want to add something to his inquiry.. just the opposite though :upside:

do any of you know a store which buys second hand parts like motherboards and hard disks?? :unsure:

I want to upgrade my system but i am quite hesitant...

cause i am the kind of person who does not want to have usefull things just lying around the house being wasted :hypocritesmiley:

But i wont give them away for nothing thats for sure!!!