Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

Hi:

Need a "booster" to place between my computer and the projector. its about 100feet apart.

also need a 100 feet vga Cable with both male ports for the projector and a male female ports 3 meters long.

Query: my laptop an aspire 5920 can't detect a projector connected on a longer vga cable like say 5 meters. only detect 3 meter long cables? I wonder why?

Thanks

sir question naman got a prob in my vid card.. always n lng nageeror d ko lng sure kung sa cable or mismong video card mosly ung error ngiidle ung monitor pero ung cpu ko running pa din pde p nga cyang ma-shutdown using power sa keyboard eh ive got a inno3d g-force fx 5500, ask ko n din about loose fan me maingay kc sa pc ko... thanks po w8ing for ur reply...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a NEO laptop last august.. Its a duo core, etc...i wont elaborate in the technical specs because its perfectly working except for one thing. The cooling fan is noisy that when i use the microphone the other party complains about the irritating humming sound that they can hear. Now my question is, what will i do to remove the noise coming from the Fan? can it be replaced with a quiter fan?

Next item: When the jacks for the microphone and speakers is connected, isnt it that the built in microphone and the local speakers is supposed to be cut-off? My unit seems not able to function like this, thus the noise from the fan is catched by the built in microphone. If plugging the jacks cut-off the built-in microphone, this will solve my problem because the headset unit is far from my laptop and wont get the humming sound from the cooling fan..

advice please

I am setting up a CCTV system inside my small computer shop. Before I was using just a webcam and video streaming solution via Windows but it is very virus prone. I am currently using a Linux based server for cacheing and cafe monitoring and would want to use it to handle Video Recording as well. I am currently using Fedora 8. Is there a Linux video recorder card I can buy? Where? I have found several but all of them abroad.

sir question naman got a prob in my vid card.. always n lng nageeror d ko lng sure kung sa cable or mismong video card mosly ung error ngiidle ung monitor pero ung cpu ko running pa din pde p nga cyang ma-shutdown using power sa keyboard eh ive got a inno3d g-force fx 5500, ask ko n din about loose fan me maingay kc sa pc ko... thanks po w8ing for ur reply...

does this happen often? try to change muna ung cable if hndi nakuha sa ganun i suggest na try mo muna paganahin ung builtin video, this way malalaman mo kung nagloloko na ba ung fx5500 na vid card mo or may ibang problem.

and ung about loose fan, tendency kasi kapag luma na ung fan ng processor medyo maingay na talga.

this forum has been reactivated.

(we'll be answering all post starting july.)

thank you to all.

please do ask your questions. or add our tech support

ym= morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

thanks guys!

Edited by PCG
my CMOS settings are always wrong whenever i boot. I tried changing my CMOS battery but it got worse. now my computer doesent star pag nag boot ako. Are my BIOS files corrupted. Sometimes nagpapaandar ko pero most often with difficulty. Sorry not a real techie guy here. Anybody help.

hi good morning.

try to update your bios sir, my computer dati has this problem wherein the bios has been corrupted. kala ko nun sira ung motherboard but nung naupdate it turns out na navirus lang pala.

I'm a computer shop owner... Problem right now is most new LAN games need's duo core processor, games like "Assasins Creed"....I have a P4 3.06 CPU.. Can i just upgrade my video card instead of upgrading my whole CPU to play the new relesed games today like "assasin creed"?

this are the minimum requirements of assasin's creed.

medyo mataas talga, if you play below this, medyo slowmotion ang galaw.

mataas na kasi ang mga requirements ng mga games na lumalabas ngayon, i suggest if you have the budget, think of the future, sayang kasi kung computer shop then 1 year lang outdated agad computer mo. just my 2 cents. :goatee:

Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

RAM: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista

Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)*

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Hard Drive Space: 8 GB

Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

i'm not sure about the price of the e6450...its basically an e6550 without some features...i forgot which...

if the price is right...why not...but 45mm is already available...

from xbitlabs

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/hondacity25/pow.jpg

I would suggest to get the cpu listed that best fit to your budget. Do not compromise other parts of your computer specially the ram and video and the mother board quality.

Second no matter how good your processor is but u dont have better protection to guard your operating system still u will not get the real performance u would want to

Third .. the only thing that required high cpu/ram/video card specification are those system for rendering movies like movie editing software 3d animation that requires rendering.

not even the new games released are required to high specification otherwise they just like limiting der customer that they cannot afford to.

think about it. weigh in what u need and decide wich one best to your budget.

otherwise the the a quad core 4 cpu's 10gb ram and whatever is the highest one.

cheerz

I think my mobo is busted. I pulled the plug while it is still saving some files to an external harddrive. Fan is still working pero no beeps. I seat and reseated the components pero still the same. So sira naba ang motherboard ko? Any help or suggestion out there would be greatly appreciated.

ASus p4s800 socket 478. My processor is p4 3 gigs and im using a socket 478 motherboard. Thanks. Me nabibili pa bang motherboard na ganito sa gilmore?

I think my mobo is busted. I pulled the plug while it is still saving some files to an external harddrive. Fan is still working pero no beeps. I seat and reseated the components pero still the same. So sira naba ang motherboard ko? Any help or suggestion out there would be greatly appreciated.

ASus p4s800 socket 478. My processor is p4 3 gigs and im using a socket 478 motherboard. Thanks. Me nabibili pa bang motherboard na ganito sa gilmore?

hmm, fan is working. no beeps.

do you have extra memory sir? try to test your memory first.

what video card are you using? the built in or you have extra vid card?

if you have a vid card, remove it then test your built in vid card.

i really cant say what's wrong because it's hard to make a guess if the cpu's not in your hand but what im trying to do is help you sir to troubleshoot your cpu.

thanks. please do pm or post here whatever happen. para po ill know kung may natulong po ba ako. thanks

and sir ian, we dont have socket 478 motherboards po eh. phase out na po kasi, but i do believe meron dyan sa isang building dyan sa gilmore but second hand lang po.

if you cant really find out what's the problem of your cpu, try to drop to us nalang po. para po mafigure out natin kung anu po sira nyan. ^_^

add me up ym: morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com for other questions.

pls visit our website. www.pcgilmore.com.ph

Edited by PCG

try to remove the battery of the mobo, then balik mo ulit.

Hi.. I was wondering what graphics card people are using here..

I recently switched from my xbox360 to playing games on my PC. im not that tech savy but according to my computers specs my unit had a 2.7ghz proccessor and 1gb ram..

but i encountered problems while loading up games such as assasins creed, age of conan, hitman blood money, infernal, etc.

i think its my graphics card that is not up to par.. what would you guys suggest.. I have been told that Geoforce would be my best bet.. but im confused with the many different types and wide range in prices..i wouldnt want to spend too much on a graphics card.. max i would be willing to shell out is probably 2k..

what would my best option be?