Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

sir, wala po bang ill-effect kung gagamit ng DDR 400 memory module sa mother board that only accepts 266?

ganyan kasi ang dilemna ko, wala na akong mahanap na branded na 266 na 1gig.

thanks in advance.

Bro Its ok.. You're write hirap maghanap ng memory na 1g, 266.. But not all mobo accept DDR400 lalo na ung mga lumang mobo... Better use 2 512mb, DDR 266 or 333 to be safe. :rolleyes:

here's what happened to my laptop. Im using ACER Aspire5670, which is powered by Windows Vista... I downgraded it into XP coz, i wanted to install maya and 3d max. Then after that, i had a lot of problems with driver compatibility, so i upgraded it into vista... After doing so, i installed norton 2003, which is not compatible with Vista.... I knew it wasn't compatible, but still i installed it, coz i was thinking i could update it from the net... then after that the system kept on showing a dialog box stating that software is not compatible with the system, and may cause for some devices not to function. Then i tried to uninstall it, but wasn't able to, so i inserted my norton installer and tried to uninstall from it, but still wont, and there i received a warning message "Optical Drive Device Locked. So my DVD rom, is not working anymore. I got a copy of Norton2003 in my drive d:, i tried to uninstall using that copy, and it was successfull. Then after that, i installed norton 2008, which i got from the net, trial version, thinking that, since it's 2008, it might fix the problem, but it didn't. I even updated all the drivers but still DVD rom's Optical Drive Device is locked...... I don't know what to do..... Please can somebody help me...... Please

Edited by antipatica
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi sir, can you please recommend me a good specs for a pc that will cost about less than or equal to 10,000. The specs would not include a monitor.

I tried checking on the parts online, but I usually go over budget. (Nagtatakaw kasi ako sa matataas na specs at hindi ko mapigilan sarili ko) . By the way the processor that I prefer would be an Athlon64 x2 and probably a 1gig ddr2 will be fine. since athlon64 x2 has an integrated video card, probably we could disregard the pci or pci express video card. what i would need is a cheap chassis, the motherboard, power supply, heatsink, kahit usb keyboard and mouse OK na un.

Processor: AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz 2,980

Motherboard: Jetway J-M26GT3-SVP - GeForce 6100 @ 525MHz/ 1,900

Memory: PQI/Transcend 1GB DDR2-800 900

case with psu: 1500

kbmouse : 500

TOTAL: 7,780

why amd?

amd processors don\'t have integrated video cards.its the motherboards..

Thank you for the specs. Yup my bad, the mobo would have it.

I assume that this has a generic heatsink with it, right?

Why amd?

In my opinion, its cost effective. And, the performance for me is good. Plus it is in the 64bit architecture which could use up all of the RAM for speed. And I would be using an operating system with a 64 bit capability too.

Good day pow. Nag hahanap sana ako ng 1 gigabyte na Memory card

na Pc 1000 sd ddr RAM card meron po kaya kayo available paki pm nalang po sa akin thank you

different memory types..excluding the newer ones...naghahanap ka ng wala...

unless you have the rambus type mem..they have the pc800 and the pc1066

DDR266 PC2100 DIMM

DDR333 PC2700 DIMM

DDR400 PC3200 DIMM

DDR2 PC2-3200 DIMM

DDR2 PC2-4200 DIMM

PC133 SDRAM

PC100 SDRAM

PC66 SDRAM

Standard name Memory clock Cycle time I/O Bus clock Data transfers per second Module name Peak transfer rate

DDR-200 100 MHz 10 ns[citation needed] 100 MHz 200 Million PC-1600 1600 MB/s

DDR-266 133 MHz 7.5 ns[citation needed] 133 MHz 266 Million PC-2100 2100 MB/s

DDR-300 150 MHz 150 MHz 300 Million PC-2400 2400 MB/s

DDR-333 166 MHz 6 ns[citation needed] 166 MHz 333 Million PC-2700 2700 MB/s

DDR-400 200 MHz 5 ns[citation needed] 200 MHz 400 Million PC-3200 3200 MB/s

Good day pow. Nag hahanap sana ako ng 1 gigabyte na Memory card

na Pc 1000 sd ddr RAM card meron po kaya kayo available paki pm nalang po sa akin thank you

Bro ung hinahanap mong mem card ay hinde available.. nearest u can buy is 256mb pc133 sdram.. u can't buy 1g sdram pc100 or pc133 its not avail here. u can buy only 1g ddr-400.

what the heck...

anong hindi available? it was never even produced...

you're recommending memory types na iba iba...

alam mo ba kung ano memory type ang nasa mobo ni sleep heavy ngayon?

Pc 1000 sd ddr ram ????? correct me if im wrong, Wlang ganyan type ng memory card ,right?

Probably ang ibig nyang sbihin ay SDRAM.

hello sirs and madams, just wanted to seek your help regarding an apparent virus in my laptop. it gives the following error:

"Attrib.exe No Disk"

btw, im using Bitdefender 2008, it doesnt recognize this error as a virus. any recommended antivirus system? thanks in advance.

post-15252-1205673900.jpg

hello sirs and madams, just wanted to seek your help regarding an apparent virus in my laptop. it gives the following error:

"Attrib.exe No Disk"

btw, im using Bitdefender 2008, it doesnt recognize this error as a virus. any recommended antivirus system? thanks in advance.

Also try Ad-aware SE Pro.. I use this anti spyware for more than 5yrs. no problems. if u dnt have pro ver., try their freeware ver. .. and also install a Spyware Blaster it block any suspicious adware and spyware.. :goatee: