Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening:

Had this just a while ago, I just change the thermal grease from our pc, then put it back the way it was before (though the only thing i took out from the rig was the processor fan and the processor for cleaning used isoprophyl alcohol for the dried grease) then all of a sudden no beep no output from the monitor, green light, tried to unplug everything from HDD to cd-roms. but still no change,

for answers please mail me at wendell_aguirre@yahoo.com

TIA

Edited by moltenbart

I'm planning on buying an LCD monitor dahil palagi nang namamatay yung CRT monitor namin na MAG. 17 inches lang po sana with minimal budget: around 6-8k lang sana. Ayaw na namin gastusan masyado e. Here's my PC's specs:

Intel Pentium D935 3.2GHz 800 MHz

Asrock Conroe 1333-D667 R2 945GC, DDR2 with audio, video, LAN

Pluto 512mb DDR2 PC533/4300

Kingston 1gb DDR2 PC533

LG GSA-H62L 18x SATA DVDR

Seagate 160gb SATA 8MB BARRACUDA 72

What can you guys suggest?

Pwede kaya mag-DVI na ako? PCI-E po ang video card slot nya. What video card and LCD monitor do I have to get?

My son will be using it. Pang-asignment, movies, and some games lang nya.

I researched the cheapest brands and ths is what I got:

Hanns.G HW173 Wide 17" LCD Monitor P 6,800.00

Inno3D GF8500GT 512MB 128Bit DDR2 P 2,200.00

Is this alright? May difference kaya compared to just buying an ordinary LCD monitor tapos isasaksak ko sa regular na video out ng pc?

I got a question regarding upgrading my PC.

I currently have

P4 3.0 Ghz with Hyperthreading

Asus P800 motherboard

Inno 3d GeForce 5200 128 bit video card

1.5 G ram (generic/PQI)

600 watts power supply

1x80G hard disk (this is my c drive)

1x120G hard disk (this is my d drive or where I keep my work files)

It's running fine but I want some upgrade. Problem is Im not a technical person and I dont know what parts I should be buying, and Im clueless regarding installation. I dont know anything about these stuff.

Can PC Gilmore give me what parts I need to buy and can they also install those parts for me? If so, how much is the installation fee if any? And how long does the procedure take? Hours? I hope I dont need to leave my PC at the shop for days.

These are the things Id like to get:

1) Id like those fans with lights, preferably blue led lights. CPU fan and heat sink is it? I heard a good brand is Zalman with those thin copper fins and bright blue light.

My pc temp is now 44C to 52C when idle, and goes up to 65C to 70C when Im doing some graphics work. I read from a product review that Zalman can make the idle temp to 35C and the working temp to 60C.

2) Id like to have more RAM, maybe 2GB?

3) Id like my 80G hard disk (my C drive, or where my OS and other programs live) upgraded to 250 GB. But if I replace it, what happens to my software? Do I have to reinstall again or can I just copy from the 80G and paste to the new 250 G?

4) Id like a new AGP video card...maybe something beter than what I have right now.

Thanks!!! Much appreciated if PC Gilmore can help :-)

Oh, I hope you also hve those new burger type speakers?

###COMMENT###

Yesterday was the worst day I had bought parts from PC Gilmore (Gilmore Branch).

After paying I have waited 30-45 minutes for my receipt. (Ilang beses ako nagtanong kung bakit natatagalan, ang sabi ay pila ung bayad at iisa lang ang nagreresibo :cry: pero may napansin ako na bakit may customer na mas nauna pa ako eh mas nauna naman sia nabigyan ng resibo?)

Pagka-kuha ng resibo, punta sa kabilang room para kunin ang item, nakupo :shocked: merong assemble na 6 units, merong dalawang trainees at isang PCG personnel na busing-busy sa pag prepare ng mga parts, sa tantiya ko eh di ako mapapansin since don sa window in-between first room and second room ay ang daming parts na naka-hilera at medyo late pm na :( so balik ako sa first room para sabihin na baka pwedeng may tumulong para mag-release ng mga items, buti naman at may pumunta.

Sa third room papa-test ang item. Okay at ako lang mag-papa-test pero ang kaso medyo hindi focus ung mag-te-test at careless enough para maipatong ng di maganda ung item at tuloy nayupi ung transparent film cover :angry: (mas focus kasi sia don sa ginagawa ng isang personnel playing/testing games)

Time is valueble to each and everyone :huh:

Money we used to buy part/s are hard-earned (I/We expect that even the box of the items we bought must be taken care off) :upside:

@ Hex_Arenas

Your rig is quite old but still not that old, but think twice if you really want to make an upgrade. Your old system can only support DDR and AGP at hirap ng humanap sa market ng ganyan ngaun and if ever makahanap tiyak kamahalan ang presyo.

Advise: Keep your current rig and assemble a new one and you'll enjoy a lot of new features

*New Processor/s are a lot cooler compared to its predecessor

*Processors full computing power are adjusted when you really need them

*Bus Speed up to 1333 compared to 800 on your old rig

*SATA II HDD's 3Gb/s transfer rate

sirs question regarding DVD writing.

w/c format is better for burning data (-R or +R)

how about for burning PS2 games (-R or +R) and also speed for PS2 games (4/8/12???)

for data i usually go with the slowest speed to get as much burn in as possible.

one last thing, from the DVD line up in the market - w/c brand is better to use - i'm currently using imation DVD-R any suggestions.

TIA

@syndicate13

If ur gonna burn PS2 games you can use +R dvd's it would be best if use Iomega brands. Now with regards to speeds to use, this is kinda tricky co'z there a tendency PS2 units will read or even worse it won't read the disc at all. Work around for this if you happen to download ISO copy of the game itself the burner applilcation such as (Nero, alcohol, roxio, etc. ) can determine the type and use appropriate speed or you can just use DVD to DVD copy...

ask ko lang may nakita ako mga 2nd hand p4 sa gilmore ok ba yun gawin pang gaming cpu mura lang kasi 6k p4 2.2 na ata

p4 for games?

Might be ok for windows built in games or games that came out older than 5 years ago.

But for playing today's games at 1280x1024 & at high quality setting, you need at least a athlon 5000 & a radeon 4830 or a nvidia 8800gt video card.

gud day to all,,,

malaking prob ko po ito...

this keeps on appearing on my screen... how do i take it out...

im not a techy person please help me out

pm me please... tnx

legit.bmp

1. Reboot Windows Vista, and boot into Safe Mode.

2. Launch Windows Explorer, go to Folder Options and check (tick or select) “Show Hidden Files” and “Show protected system files” options. Then click OK.

3. Zap the WPA encrypted store by deleting the following files (hidden by default unless you show hidden file as instructed above):

“C:\Windows\System32\7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-

2P-0.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0″

2P-1.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0″

4. Uninstall the WGA (Windows Vista Genuine Advantage) update by execute or run the following command:

regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll

5. Reset the Vista Software Licensing tokens file by copying back the RC1 or RC2 tokens.dat to

“C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\

Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing\”

Replace the original tokens.dat.

6. The following step is to remove the Windows Product Activation (WPA) data from the registry. It’s impossible to do this at normal Vista installation bootup, so restart the computer and boot with Windows Vista DVD. Choose to “Repair my Computer” and then select your appropriate Vista installation.

7. Then select “Command Prompt”, and at command prompt window, type “regedit” (without quotes to run registry editor.

8. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry branch, and then click on File -> Load Hive.

9. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config and choose the SYSTEM hive. Give it key name of “temp”.

10. Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\temp\WPA\ registry branch and then delete and remove every registry subkeys or child nodes under it. Leave only WPA that is blank. If you already deleted the WPA key, re-create it by right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\temp\, and choose New -> Key.

11. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\temp\ and then click on File -> Unload Hive.

12. Exit from registry editor, exit from command prompt, and then restart the computer.

13. After booting up normally into Windows Vista, the Vista will be in RFM mode (reduced functionality mode) with message of “Your copy of windows is not genuine.”

14. Run slui.exe.

15. Enter any CPP product key (serial key issued during Release Candidate 1 or RC2).

16. Windows Vista should be activated as genuine.

17. Log off (logout) and log on (login) again to reactivate Windows Aero interface.

18. You can now run windows update, but remember, uncheck the KB929391 WGA update and if you don’t want to see it forever, hide it.

1. Reboot Windows Vista, and boot into Safe Mode.

2. Launch Windows Explorer, go to Folder Options and check (tick or select) “Show Hidden Files” and “Show protected system files” options. Then click OK.

3. Zap the WPA encrypted store by deleting the following files (hidden by default unless you show hidden file as instructed above):

2P-0.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0″

2P-1.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0″

4. Uninstall the WGA (Windows Vista Genuine Advantage) update by execute or run the following command:

regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll

5. Reset the Vista Software Licensing tokens file by copying back the RC1 or RC2 tokens.dat to

“C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\

Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing\”

Replace the original tokens.dat.

6. The following step is to remove the Windows Product Activation (WPA) data from the registry. It’s impossible to do this at normal Vista installation bootup, so restart the computer and boot with Windows Vista DVD. Choose to “Repair my Computer” and then select your appropriate Vista installation.

7. Then select “Command Prompt”, and at command prompt window, type “regedit” (without quotes to run registry editor.

8. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry branch, and then click on File -> Load Hive.

9. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config and choose the SYSTEM hive. Give it key name of “temp”.

10. Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\temp\WPA\ registry branch and then delete and remove every registry subkeys or child nodes under it. Leave only WPA that is blank. If you already deleted the WPA key, re-create it by right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\temp\, and choose New -> Key.

11. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\temp\ and then click on File -> Unload Hive.

12. Exit from registry editor, exit from command prompt, and then restart the computer.

13. After booting up normally into Windows Vista, the Vista will be in RFM mode (reduced functionality mode) with message of “Your copy of windows is not genuine.”

14. Run slui.exe.

15. Enter any CPP product key (serial key issued during Release Candidate 1 or RC2).

16. Windows Vista should be activated as genuine.

17. Log off (logout) and log on (login) again to reactivate Windows Aero interface.

18. You can now run windows update, but remember, uncheck the KB929391 WGA update and if you don’t want to see it forever, hide it.

nice detailed steps sir...but i think the OS is XP so nde applicable yung fix...yung icons sa system tray kasi indicates XP

try this one

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/04/26/d...ons-nag-screen/

Edited by hilong_talilong
hi baldo sorry for the delayed reply the site kasi got a little prob but ok na.. :thumbsupsmiley:

here's what i recommend..

If your budget is up to 40k i suggest

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz 4mb

MSI 945PL neo5-F

Kingston 1GB DDR2 667

Seagate Barracuda 320gb 7200rpm SATA 3gb/s

Sparkle 8500GT 512mb 128 bit

LG 18x Super multi lite

17" LG Flatron LCD

F1 racing case w/ A4tech mini keyboard X-slim and A4tech Optical Mouse

APC Back-up UPS 500VA

only php39,350-

but if you can add more

i suggest you instead na MSI 945 neo5-F you change it into the MSI 965 Platinum.

only php45,550-

for questions pm me or add me at my ym

morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

This is your August price for the specs above. How much will this be by march 2009. I'm still saving up to buy a new PC. I'm going to use my PC mainly for power Excel, statisitical analysis and gaming. Can you please tweak the spec? No need for porma casing and I need a regular keyboard. I'm not much into multimedia so I just need a decent graphics card, mid-end lang hindi super-high end pero hind naman low-end na basura yung graphics. fastest intel Core 2 duo available and about 4 gb ddr2.

So mga magkano ang aabutine

gud day to all,,,

malaking prob ko po ito...

this keeps on appearing on my screen... how do i take it out...

im not a techy person please help me out

pm me please... tnx

legit.bmp

nice detailed steps sir...but i think the OS is XP so nde applicable yung fix...yung icons sa system tray kasi indicates XP

try this one

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/04/26/d...ons-nag-screen/

XP pala, then try this one

1. Click START then RUN and type regedit

2 Registry window will be opened

Then Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows

NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents\OOBETimer

…and double click on it. Then change some of the value, edit it or just add any numbers and letters

now close out regedit.

3) Go to start > run > %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

4) the activation screen will come up,

click on register over telephone, then click on CHANGE PRODUCT KEY

enter in this key:

JG28K-H9Q7X-BH6W4-3PDCQ-6XBFJ

Click UPDATE PRODUCT KEY

Restart your PC

Congratulations! You are now using a Validated copy of Windows XP

Hello Sirs,

Merry Christmas!

Question lang meron bang SATA to IDE Adapter, kasi yung friend ko nakabili siya ng SATA na Hard Disk pero wala pala syang saksakan para sa SATA na HDD puro IDE lang, suggest ko mag-enclosure na lang kami para sa SATA nya pero ayaw nya, ang gusto nya nakakabit sa PC nya. Meron bang mabibiling SATA to IDE Adapter? saan kaya ito mabibili? and how much kaya? or ano pa ang pwede nyo masuggest sa problem?

Thank you!