thanks, for the advice pal...

sabi ko na nga ba service ang magandang negosyo....

kaya nagiisip akong magtayo ng kasa, yung tirahan ng mga tinitirhan, he he he...

again thanks, i will consider everything as you have mentioned...

:evil: :ninja: :cool:

Pare,

Kapag nagtuloy ka ng negosyong iyan, pwede mo akong gawing quality assurance manager. I am willing to do this for a minimal cost.(he-he)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, for the advice pal...

sabi ko na nga ba service ang magandang negosyo....

kaya nagiisip akong magtayo ng kasa, yung tirahan ng mga tinitirhan, he he he...

again thanks, i will consider everything as you have mentioned...

:evil:  :ninja:  :cool:

Pare,

Kapag nagtuloy ka ng negosyong iyan, pwede mo akong gawing quality assurance manager. I am willing to do this for a minimal cost.(he-he)

no problem, ako kasi maghire on the spot trial kung pwede pa, after hiring ikaw na mag check ng quality... he he he :evil:

MGA HRD PEEPS DYAN.  MAY QUESTION LANG AKO.  IS IT REALLY ILLEGAL TO PUT UP A UNION WITHIN A COMPANY?  CAN A COMPANY FIRE ITS EMPLOYEES WHO ARE FORMING A UNION?  AND LASTLY, CAN I COMPANY CHANGE ITS EXISTING POLICIES WITHOUT CONSULTING ITS EMPLOYEES.  POLICIES LIKE PERFORMANCE INCREASE OF EMPLOYEES (EX.  FROM THE EXISTING 8%, 10%, & 12% INCREASE  TO A NEW 6%,7% & 8% INCREASE), AND RETIREMENT (EX. FROM THE EXISTING 10 YEARS SERVICE TO THE NEW 15 YEARS SERVICE)

BWISIT NA BWISIT NA KAMI SA COMPANY NAMIN.  GUSTO NA NAMIN MAGBUO NG UNION.  AND THE NEW HR MANAGER IS THE TARGET OF ALL THE ANGER SA OFFICE NAMIN.  DAHIL EVERSINCE DUMATING SYA DITO PARANG ANG DAMING POLICIES NA BINAGO. 

PLS ENLIGHTEN US, BAGO MABUGBOG SA LABAS ANG HR MANAGER NAMIN NG MGA HOODLUM KONG OFFICEMATES. HEHEHEHEHEHE.

hey, mga pro-admin ba talaga mga hrds? wala ba gusto sumagot sa questions ko? ok lang.....

Technically it is not illegal to form a union..it is free and responsible exercise of the the right to self-organization... but it should be legitimate.. meaning you follow certain guidelines set by DOLE... but I am not speaking to promote it... I've been handling personnel for quite sometime now and one thing i never would want to happen is for my employees to form a union... sakit lang sa ulo.... plus it has a negative impact on foreign investors...why try other alternative.. have you tried having a dialogue with your employer??? any suggestion box where you can express your sentiments.. any LMC??? i still believe that everything can be solved thru communication... :)

More often than not negative ang dating ng mga changes sa policies... new personnel head would mean new policies.. try to think - baka naman itong mga changes na ito would be more beneficial to you...

With the way our economy is doing it is more likely that more businesses will be closing.. did you ever think na yung move ng management to lower the increase/retirement plan is to save the company from any losses... to save sa closure?? buti nga kayo lower lang..some wala talaga!!!

just my 2cents... I hope this could help...

Sorry now lang ako naligaw ulit sa HR thread.. kaya now lang ako nakasagot...

peace! :)

Good Day HR residents and posters!

This is reaction of what poor_tao posted regarding forming a union and changing of policy pertaining to benefits.

Let me discuss our seven (7) guaranteed rights as stipulated in the highest law in our land which is the 1987 Philippine Constitution.

1. The first right, is the right to self organization. Our constitution adheres to the fact that there is strength in unity.

2. Collective Bargaining. It is the right of every organization to enter into an agreement with employer.

3. Concerted Activities - It is also the right of an organization to conduct concerted activities i.e. strike and others but within the boundaries of the law.

4. Living Wage - This is an individual right of all workers to receive what they call a living wage. Please take note of the term living and not minimum wage.

5. Humane Condition - This makes us unique among other countries we specify in our bill rights and in our labor code HUMAN CONDITION.

6. Security of Tenure - The term guarantees all employees the security of their present jobs. That no job shall be taken away from any individual without just cause and due process.

7. Participatory right - that as individual we have the right to participate in whatever discussion, decision specially pertaining to welfare of oneself. This is a new right promulgated in the 1987 Constitution under this right management should listen to the ideas and opinion of the workers before a policy is finalized.

It is a sad fact that despite this rights we have in the constitution. Still plenty of unfair situation happens in the workplace. This is because not all of us have known these rights. This is dampen further by the current economic situation we have that leads to us being bondage to our work. This situation is being abused by management. I know plenty of companies out there are not implementing what is really the standard according to law. But still they continue to exist because our country needs their revenue and the workers need to survive.

To change a policy specially it it has accorded for some time management should first consult the employees. Management cannot remove any benefits being enjoyed by employees as it is againt the law - dimunition of benefit. Specially if these benefits were enjoyed for a period of time. However, employees organized or not cannot intervene into the decision of managment that pertains to core business operations.

To form a union is legal. It is under our guaranteed rights and management should not raise any hand to stop this. Otherwise, they will be charged with unfair labor practice.

As an HR practitioner, it is our duty not just to follow what management wants us to do but also to educate them the guaranteed rights of our workers and its implications if not followed.

As an HR practitioner, it is our duty not just to follow what management wants us to do but also to educate them the guaranteed rights of our workers and its implications if not followed.

YES!!!! MARAMING SALAMAT TOKOY!! NAPAG PASYAHAN NAMING MGA MGA MAGKAKA OPISINA NA BAGO KAMI MAGBUO NG UNION, KAKAUSAPIN MUNA NAMIN YUNG HR MANAGER NAMIN. OPEN FORUM KUNG BAGA, AND SIGURADO BABANGGITIN KO TONG MGA NAIPOST MO. TINGNAN KO LANG KUNG ANO ANG MAGIGING REACTION NYA. KUNG KAYA BA NYA KAMI IPAGTANGGOL SA GM SINCE YUN ANG NAG DEDECIDE NG LAHAT.

ANG PROBLEMA KASI SA KUMPANYA NAMIN. ALAM NAMAN NG LAHAT NA HINDI NALULUGI ANG COMPANY, IN FACT LUMAKI PA ANG CLIENTS NAMIN TAPOS LILIIT ANG PERFORMANCE MERIT INCREASE NAMIN. NAKAKABWISIT LANG ISIPIN NA MILYON MILYON ANG KINIKITA NG KUMPANYA, MILYON MILYON ANG MGA APARATO NA PINAPAHANDLE SA AMIN PERO ANG SWELDO NAMIN..... PWEEE...

SALAMAT TALAGA.

Good Day to all HR thread posters!

Poor Tao - i wish you and your co-workers good luck in your planned endeavor. its best to negotiate and talk things out. that's what great men do. remember to put all your actions within the bounds of the law. one day youll reap the fruits of your endeavor and keep it posted here.

Good Day again!

Good Day HR posters and residents!

Well this thread is not rolling much. Maybe all is fine with the human relations in the workplace. I hope so?

I want to share this information i got lately from one of my seminar. This maybe is disturbing but try to keep an open mind on this matter.

An asian profile regarding which country has the highest labor cost. The Philippines rank 3rd. Singapore being the first. Do you think its a nice fact? maybe? or maybe not? but take a look at the quality output, among the 12 countries being studied our Philippines second, second starting at the bottom. Now that's bad news. How would capital find its way to Philippines if that is the statistics. I think we have to do something about this because everyear we are producing unemployed people at the double or triple digit rate.

ow plak! can't edit my message again.

sa mga naguluhan like me, what i meant was ano solusyon to lower labor costs? kse if u cud see the current rates, as in kulang na kulang pa rin yon sa cost of living nowadays tapos mataas pa raw yon.

san tayo tatakbo? emote mode.

:cry:

MGA HRD PIPOL!! MAY QUESTION PO ULI AKO SA INYO... SHIFTING KASI ANG SCHEDULE NAMIN DITO. 3 SHIFTS A DAY TO BE EXACT. (6-2, 2-10, 10-6).

NGAYON, ANG KATANUNGAN KO AY GANITO:

HALIMBAWA HOLIDAY NGAYON (NOV30),

ANG MGA OT BA NA DAPAT I-FILE NG BAWAT SHIFT BA AY GANITO:

6-2 = 8 HRS

2-10 = 8 HRS

10-6 = 2 HRS (FROM NOV30 10PM - DEC1 12AM)

MEDYO CONFUSED LANG KASI KAMI. KASI KUNG ICONSIDER NATIN NA GALING NG REST DAY LAHAT NG 3 SHIFT. LUGI YUNG PANG 10-6 NA HINDI NAMAN DAPAT DAHIL PAREHAS SILANG NAGDUTY PARA SA ARAW NA YUN. DAPAT BA ICUT YUNG OT HRS NG PANG 10-6 SA 12AM DAHIL HINDI NA NOV30 YUNG DUTY NYA FROM 12AM-6AM.

KASI KUNG GANUN ANG BASEHAN. HALIMBAWA REST DAY NG 10-6 KINABUKASAN. EH DI DAPAT PWEDE NYA I-FILE NA DUTY ON REST DAY YUNG FROM 12AM-6AM NYA?

PARANG DI KASI FAIR YUNG GANUNG SISTEMA. EH GANUN ANG SISTEMA DITO SA AMIN. LUGI TALAGA YUNG 10-6. OK LANG SANA KUNG YUNG HOLIDAY AY NAPAGITNAAN NG DUTY NYA KAYA PASOK PA RIN YUNG 8 HRS (SAME EXAMPLE NOV30 12AM-6AM TAPOS YUNG 2 HRS NA DUTY NYA ULI KINAGABIHAN NOV30 10PM-12.)

EH PAG INABUTAN NAMAN NG REST DAY YUNG 12AM-6AM NA SEGMENT NG DUTY NAMIN EH HINDI PWEDE I-FILE NG DUTY ON REST DAY.

GANITO RIN BA ANG SISTEMA NYO? HOPING FOR YOUR ENLIGHTENMENT!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! MABUHAY ANG MGA HR NA PRO-EMPLOYEES!!

MGA HRD PIPOL!! MAY QUESTION PO ULI AKO SA INYO... SHIFTING KASI ANG SCHEDULE NAMIN DITO. 3 SHIFTS A DAY TO BE EXACT. (6-2, 2-10, 10-6).

NGAYON, ANG KATANUNGAN KO AY GANITO:

HALIMBAWA HOLIDAY NGAYON (NOV30),

ANG MGA OT BA NA DAPAT I-FILE NG BAWAT SHIFT BA AY GANITO:

6-2 = 8 HRS

2-10 = 8 HRS

10-6 = 2 HRS (FROM NOV30 10PM - DEC1 12AM)

MEDYO CONFUSED LANG KASI KAMI. KASI KUNG ICONSIDER NATIN NA GALING NG REST DAY LAHAT NG 3 SHIFT. LUGI YUNG PANG 10-6 NA HINDI NAMAN DAPAT DAHIL PAREHAS SILANG NAGDUTY PARA SA ARAW NA YUN. DAPAT BA ICUT YUNG OT HRS NG PANG 10-6 SA 12AM DAHIL HINDI NA NOV30 YUNG DUTY NYA FROM 12AM-6AM.

KASI KUNG GANUN ANG BASEHAN. HALIMBAWA REST DAY NG 10-6 KINABUKASAN. EH DI DAPAT PWEDE NYA I-FILE NA DUTY ON REST DAY YUNG FROM 12AM-6AM NYA?

PARANG DI KASI FAIR YUNG GANUNG SISTEMA. EH GANUN ANG SISTEMA DITO SA AMIN. LUGI TALAGA YUNG 10-6. OK LANG SANA KUNG YUNG HOLIDAY AY NAPAGITNAAN NG DUTY NYA KAYA PASOK PA RIN YUNG 8 HRS (SAME EXAMPLE NOV30 12AM-6AM TAPOS YUNG 2 HRS NA DUTY NYA ULI KINAGABIHAN NOV30 10PM-12.)

EH PAG INABUTAN NAMAN NG REST DAY YUNG 12AM-6AM NA SEGMENT NG DUTY NAMIN EH HINDI PWEDE I-FILE NG DUTY ON REST DAY.

GANITO RIN BA ANG SISTEMA NYO? HOPING FOR YOUR ENLIGHTENMENT!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! MABUHAY ANG MGA HR NA PRO-EMPLOYEES!!

GOOD DAY HR PEOPLE

Im glad to see more posts in this thread today! :D

Poor Tao - on your question regarding the computation of OT on 10pm to 6am shift its correct. its in the law. you only compute the hours that is part of the holiday. In this case its 2 hours only. Now, on your follow-up question regarding restday after holiday, if the person is entitled to restday pay. The answer is NO. He/she is not. It may sound unfair but thats the law, provided he/she is not required again to work on same shift on that same day. There is a distinction between treating a holiday from the restday.

However there are companies who are giving or computing the OT rate in an 8 hour basis for graveyard shift working on holiday. In this case, it has become part of the company's benefit to employees. My company is practicing that.

Let me ask you a question. What is the base rate in your company in computing night differential on an overtime schedule?

these figures are alarming.

so to all the HR peeps here, u have a suggested remedy for this? :unsure:

Remedy?

I believe government should step up on providing our people the basic support system. We cant do anything regarding our labor cost. But what government can do is to curtail inflation. Provide all Filipinos with basic services like food, clothing, shelter, education and access to health and medical services. I know im dreaming on this but this is the ultimate solution.

Imagine if Juan has enough food in his table, has a house of his own, was able to send his siblings to affordable yet quality school and has access to health services what do you think would be the priority of Juan now? Multiply this to millions what would happened to our country? Will there be kidnappings and other societal menace happening? I think the answer is none.

Now what HR can do. We can address the quality aspect. We will make it a point to include quality in everything that we do. We have to make quality consciousness a value among our employees. How? I believe training and development plays a vital part of it. This is a call that we have to address.

I posted this earlier in Job Opportunities, but mukhang di masyadong dinadayo ang thread na yun, so I hope its ok to post it here...delete nyo nalang if sobrang off-topic, but Employment is an HR issue di ba? :)

I'm on the lookout for a Marketing Head for Corporate Markets. Candidates are preferably from the Telecommunication industry (3-5 years experience). PM me if you are interested. We are also looking for Corporate Sales personnel, again preferably from the Telecommunication or Corporate Technical Services industries.

PEACE!!!

Good Day HR posters and residents!

Well this thread is not rolling much. Maybe all is fine with the human relations in the workplace. I hope so?

I want to share this information i got lately from one of my seminar. This maybe is disturbing but try to keep an open mind on this matter.

An asian profile regarding which country has the highest labor cost. The Philippines rank 3rd. Singapore being the first. Do you think its a nice fact? maybe? or maybe not? but take a look at the quality output, among the 12 countries being studied our Philippines second, second starting at the bottom. Now that's bad news. How would capital find its way to Philippines if that is the statistics. I think we have to do something about this because everyear we are producing unemployed people at the double or triple digit rate.

I think that this information has to be viewed from the proper perspective, i.e., what industries were surveyed ba? :unsure:

Admittedly, there are industries that have problems with regard to the cost-quality ratios, e.g., the local shoe manufacturing industry is currently suffering a really alarming decline because of the presence of same or better quality shoes from China at only 1/3 of the cost. The cost of the local shoes cannot go down really by much because of the high cost of labor vs. China. That there are child labor issues in that country is irrelevant to a business because, at the end of the day, price is determined by cost.

In general, manufacturing companies are always the hardest hit when labor costs rise higher than what the price points to be market competitive allow. That's why many of the multinational companies who used to have manufacturing operations here have shifted to DISTRIBUTION with the actual manufacturing done outside the Philippines. So, it is a good move for an employee in a manufacturing company to gain skills in distribution (direct selling, channels management, etc.) in preparation for the possibility of business shifts.

Now, in the BPO industry (call centers included) the Philippines dominates. Our cost-quality ratio is one of the best in the region, which is clearly evidenced by the major investments done in the country by major players in this industry.

IMHO lang po...:)

PEACE!!! :D

I think that this information has to be viewed from the proper perspective, i.e., what industries were surveyed ba? :unsure:

Admittedly, there are industries that have problems with regard to the cost-quality ratios, e.g., the local shoe manufacturing industry is currently suffering a really alarming decline because of the presence of same or better quality shoes from China at only 1/3 of the cost. The cost of the local shoes cannot go down really by much because of the high cost of labor vs. China. That there are child labor issues in that country is irrelevant to a business because, at the end of the day, price is determined by cost.

In general, manufacturing companies are always the hardest hit when labor costs rise higher than what the price points to be market competitive allow. That's why many of the multinational companies who used to have manufacturing operations here have shifted to DISTRIBUTION with the actual manufacturing done outside the Philippines. So, it is a good move for an employee in a manufacturing company to gain skills in distribution (direct selling, channels management, etc.) in preparation for the possibility of business shifts.

Now, in the BPO industry (call centers included) the Philippines dominates. Our cost-quality ratio is one of the best in the region, which is clearly evidenced by the major investments done in the country by major players in this industry.

IMHO lang po...:)

PEACE!!! :D

Good Day Keyotik

Thanks for posting your job requirements in this thread.

The baseline data came from the context of manufacturing industry in the Philippines. The information presented was an offshoot to the discussion why are there capital flights outside the Philippines.

Admittedly, I see an upsurge in the professional/technical service industry call centers and other outsourcing services included. As a matter of fact we are considered as the top choice among the asian countries because of our literacy in the english language over our asian counterparts. To this day only two countries enjoys this upswell, ours and India. But investors prefer our country because of our capability to expand our patience as compared to the Indians. Thats a fact that I agree of.

However, this kind of upsurge is temporary and not sustainable. If you remember in the early nineties the same demand took place, that time it was for data encoders, transcribers and others. Remember INNODATA and the likes? At that point, the demand was so high that companies engaged on those services sprung like mushrooms all over the Philippines. It was also so fast that we dont even noticed it fizzled out. This industry(BPO) is fast-paced often dictated by the spinoff of time and technology. To get the lionshare of the capital, we must beef-up the quality of our output and be consistent on it. Otherwise just like what happened to our manufacturing industry eventually losing in the competition.

Good day again.

I posted this earlier in Job Opportunities, but mukhang di masyadong dinadayo ang thread na yun, so I hope its ok to post it here...delete nyo nalang if sobrang off-topic, but Employment is an HR issue di ba? :)

I'm on the lookout for a Marketing Head for Corporate Markets. Candidates are preferably from the Telecommunication industry (3-5 years experience). PM me if you are interested. We are also looking for Corporate Sales personnel, again preferably from the Telecommunication or Corporate Technical Services industries.

PEACE!!!

KEYOTIK, MUKHANG TAGA TELECOMMS INDUSTRY KA. ARE YOU? WALA BA KAYONG REQUIREMENT PARA SA MGA TELECOMM ENGRS? VSAT OPERATIONS ANG LINYA NAMIN EH. BWISIT NA BWISIT NA KASI KAMI SA KUMPANYA NAMIN EH. (IF EVER NA NABASA MO MGA POSTS KO, YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT I MEAN).

AND TO THE HR GUYS OUT THERE, :santa: THANKS ULI MGA TOL.

However there are companies who are giving or computing the OT rate in an 8 hour basis for graveyard shift working on holiday. In this case, it has become part of the company's benefit to employees. My company is practicing that.

Let me ask you a question. What is the base rate in your company in computing night differential on an overtime schedule?

OK NAMAN TALAGA SA COMPANY NYO. SANA DYAN AKO WORK. HEHEHEHE.

WELL, ABOUT YOUR INQUIRY ABOUT OUR NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL RATE DURING OT BALIKAN KITA DYAN. DI KO SURE EH. TANONG KO PRE. SALAMAT ULI SAYO TOKOY. MABUHAY KA AT SANA DUMAMI ANG KATULAD MO.