• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys patulong naman on my query, di ko kasi alam e.. ano mga kailangan ko ayusin na papers sa pagtransfer ko? il be transferring from government to the private sector, ive been with my current employer for two years already, and I have loans sa GSIS, I understand that sa private sector SSS ang may hawak. How would I be able to pay my monthly contribution sa GSIS loan ko kapag lumipat ako? Pwede ko ba itransfer yun sa SSS? And another thing is will I be entitled to a separation pay or any monetary benefits from my current employer when I resign? Permanent and regular position me ngayon. Thanks!! =)

mga bro tanong ko lang kung tama ba yung ginawa sa friend ko ng isang company?

ganito kase iyon e, she already have been given a job offer and she has to undergo na lang medical as part of the application process. Problem was she didn't know that she was pregnant at that time and it was detected during her medical exam. After malaman ito ng HR, nirefuse na sya. Tama ba iyon? prerogative ba ng company na i-turn down sya? para kaseng nadiscriminate sya e. aplicable ba ung SOLO PARENT ACT sa kanya?

thanks!

Guys patulong naman on my query, di ko kasi alam e.. ano mga kailangan ko ayusin na papers sa pagtransfer ko? il be transferring from government to the private sector, ive been with my current employer for two years already, and I have loans sa GSIS, I understand that sa private sector SSS ang may hawak. How would I be able to pay my monthly contribution sa GSIS loan ko kapag lumipat ako? Pwede ko ba itransfer yun sa SSS? And another thing is will I be entitled to a separation pay or any monetary benefits from my current employer when I resign? Permanent and regular position me ngayon. Thanks!! =)

Good Day Warz!

GSIS and SSS are two different entities meaning you cannot transact business one over the other. You should settle your loan with GSIS separately. Sometimes this is the dilemna of people from the government transferring to private and vice versa. Im not too sure about the benefits of GSIS if you can retrieve it once you transfer to the government sector but ill try to research for that. I think the same with SSS you have to voluntarily pay your loan with GSIS, there are banks who accepts payments for such loan.

Your question about separation pay. Yes you are entitled to it provided you qualify the provisions of separation i.e. length of service. Most of the companies practiced the 5 years period. Meaning an employee who resigned after 5 years of service is qualified to avail the retirement plan. The amount of retirement pay would differ depending on company policy.

Thanks and hope i was of help.

mga bro tanong ko lang kung tama ba yung ginawa sa friend ko ng isang company?

ganito kase iyon e, she already have been given a job offer and she has to undergo na lang medical as part of the application process. Problem was she didn't know that she was pregnant at that time and it was detected during her medical exam. After malaman ito ng HR, nirefuse na sya. Tama ba iyon? prerogative ba ng company na i-turn down sya? para kaseng nadiscriminate sya e. aplicable ba ung SOLO PARENT ACT sa kanya?

thanks!

Good Day Ungas123!

In the hiring process, medical evaluation plays a very important part. You may pass everything from interview to exam but if you fail the medical part you would definitely be denied of the job even if it has been offered to you. This is a standing hiring policy and even the labor code cannot do anything about it.

I will discuss to you later what are the inclusions of the SOLO PARENT ACT.

Good Day Warz!

GSIS and SSS are two different entities meaning you cannot transact business one over the other. You should settle your loan with GSIS separately. Sometimes this is the dilemna of people from the government transferring to private and vice versa. Im not too sure about the benefits of GSIS if you can retrieve it once you transfer to the government sector but ill try to research for that. I think the same with SSS you have to voluntarily pay your loan with GSIS, there are banks who accepts payments for such loan.

Your question about separation pay. Yes you are entitled to it provided you qualify the provisions of separation i.e. length of service. Most of the companies practiced the 5 years period. Meaning an employee who resigned after 5 years of service is qualified to avail the retirement plan. The amount of retirement pay would differ depending on company policy.

Thanks and hope i was of help.

thanx pareng tokoy for the reply.. =) what im really concerned of right now is my GSIS contributions kung mababawi ko pa.. matagal tagal na rin me naghuhulog sa GSIS, more than 1k deductions ko sa salary for GSIS contributions..

As promised here are some excerpts of the Republic Act 8972 or the "SOLO PARENTS WELFARE ACT of 2000"

Since the entire ACT is quite long for me to post here, i picked out some important details only.

Earlier, I've mentioned that the ACT was promulgated into law with the sole purpose of promoting the welfare of the Single Parents.

Here are some helpful definition of terms:

Solo Parent - any individual under any of the following categories: A.) Woman who gives birth as a result of rape or crimes against chastity, provided that she keeps and raises the child; B.) Parent left solo or alone with the responsibility of parenthood to death of spouse; C.) Parent left solo or alone with the responsibility of parenthood while the spouse is detained, or is serving sentence for a criminal conviction for at least 1 year; D.) Parent left solo or alone with responsibility of parenthood due to physical and /or mental incapacity of spouse as certified by a public medical practitioner; E.) Parent left solo or alone with responsibility due to legal separation for at least 1 year; F.) Parent left solo or alone with the responsibility of parenthood due annulment or separation; G.) Parent left solo or alone due abandonement of spouse; H.) Unmarried mother/father who has preferred to keep and rear his/her child/children; I.) Any other person who solely provides parental care and support to a child or children provided he/she is duly licensed as a foster parent by the DSWD or duly appointed legal guardian by the court; J.) Any family member who assumes the responsibility of head of family as a result of the death, abandonement, disappearance or prolonged absence of the parents or solo parent for at least 1 year.

Hi ungas123!

i'd like to bring your attention to the point that was given emphasis by the law, the term "RESPONSIBILITY OF PARENTHOOD" which I think is absent in your friends case.

i hope this was of help despite late. thanks.

Edited by Tokoy
Thanks for the reply Tokoy!

Can you elaborate more about RESPONSIBILIY OF PARENTHOOD?

I cant quite relate it to my friends case e.

Thanks again!

RESPONSIBILITY OF PARENTHOOD refers to a person who is in a custody of a child or children. He or she maybe a biological parent or not but assumes the responsiblity of taking care of the child or children. This includes attending to the child or children needs i.e. health, food, clothing, shelter, education, value formation and others.

Your friend is still on her way to motherhood and as the law defines she is not yet doing the function of "RESPONSIBILITY OF PARENTHOOD".

Thank you.

thanks pareng jomart19.. but heres a big problem that im having right now.. patulong naman if u have any idea re: this..

i will be resigning from my office (government agency) na.. kaso they want me to return the mid-year bonus (half ng 13th month pay) that they have given last may kasi daw dapat hangang october dapat ako para di ko na isauli.. tama ba yun? is there such a policy? naka six months naman ako this 2004 ah... this really is giving me some headaches.. hangang sa pag-alis ba naman pahirap pa rin itong opisinang na ito..

thanks pareng jomart19.. but heres a big problem that im having right now.. patulong naman if u have any idea re: this..

i will be resigning from my office (government agency) na.. kaso they want me to return the mid-year bonus (half ng 13th month pay) that they have given last may kasi daw dapat hangang october dapat ako para di ko na isauli.. tama ba yun? is there such a policy? naka six months naman ako this 2004 ah... this really is giving me some headaches.. hangang sa pag-alis ba naman pahirap pa rin itong opisinang na ito.. nakakagalit!

i will be resigning from my office (government agency) na.. kaso they want me to return the mid-year bonus (half ng 13th month pay) that they have given last may kasi daw dapat hangang october dapat ako para di ko na isauli.. tama ba yun? is there such a policy? naka six months naman ako this 2004 ah... this really is giving me some headaches.. hangang sa pag-alis ba naman pahirap pa rin itong opisinang na ito.. nakakagalit!

Good Day!

I dont think you are liable to return your mid-year bonus to your company or that government agency. If you are referring to your 13th month pay as the bonus. All 13th month pay are computed on a pro-rated basis and all retiring or about to be separated employees shall have the right to receive this as part of their final compensation. Its in the labor code.

Greetings.

I have a requirement for Senior Product Development Head who has the skill for Production Management & Institutional Relationship, knowledge on investment & distribution business. knowledge on origination, derivatives & structuring.

This requirement is for my bank client..if you have the above skills and interested for placement, please get in touch with me thru 09209203607.

You can also visit our website at www.srlconsultancy.com, this is our site for my HRD operations.

Thank you