hi HR gurus!

i just would like to ask if it's possible to change my BIR registration status from single to head of the family? My parents are not working but they are engaged in a business.

hope to hear from you soon.

thanks

Hi xcalibr!

there are conditions when you want to change your tax status from single to head of the family. first you should have a legal dependent, could be your parents who are at least 60 years of age or any brothers or sisters 18 years old and below.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was part of a Change Management adhoc commitee for a client that ive worked with (Call Center)...as a 3rd party consultant, i have to be "neutral" even if these foreign call center execs deserve a kicking in the butt...there are a lot of issues with regards to the principals' (Foreign Manteam) policies in hiring & firing...a lot of agents' rights are being stepped on..including benefits..."sindakan" lang talaga...

major issues include the "immediate" firing of employees without documented "evidence" or affidavits..some call center execs fire agents based on pure hearsay

this is just one..there are a lot of agents out there that are helpless coz call centers are just new in the country...the small call centers dont even have a clear cut policy on HR issues

this is basically one of the problem in countries like the Philippines where job is so scarce and government policies are so one-sided.

Halu! ask ko lang kung wen is the ryt tym to ask for the compensation...

on what situation girlet?

i miss working sa hr dept.

now nasa operations ako ng isang call center but plans to transfer back to hr in  a few months time!

been hearing problems....

but then again...every coin has two sides!

hi sebyang :D welcome back!

operations ka na pala, i know ma-miss mo pa rin work mo sa HR since you've spent significant time on it :D

m a TL hir in r call ctr & aftr r shift we alwys hv this s2pid mtgs(of same issues over & ovr)for abt 20-30 mins. w/c we nevr filed 4 OT. I know 20-30 mins. would just b a short tym 4 some bt if we have that 20-30 min. mtgs evry single day wouldn't that add up 2 the tym we spend in the ofc & should automatically b considered OT & b paid 4 accordingly?

m a TL hir in r call ctr & aftr r shift we alwys hv this s2pid mtgs(of same issues over & ovr)for abt 20-30 mins. w/c we nevr filed 4 OT. I know 20-30 mins. would just b a short tym 4 some bt if we have that 20-30 min. mtgs evry single day wouldn't that add up 2 the tym we spend in the ofc & should automatically b considered OT & b paid 4 accordingly?

good day aymfreety

as a rule of thumb, work done in excess of 8 hours are considered overtime work and should be subject to overtime payment. the only exception to this rule are those group of employees performing managerial tasks.

i understand that those meetings are work-related meaning you have all the right to ask overtime payment for that.

good day aymfreety

as a rule of thumb, work done in excess of 8 hours are considered overtime work and should be subject to overtime payment.  the only exception to this rule are those group of employees performing managerial tasks.

i understand that those meetings are work-related meaning you have all the right to ask overtime payment for that.

yup!they r wrk-related. tnx 4 the info! :)

• 2 weeks later...

sweety as TL , you are somewhat (since not all benefits) enjoying the benefits of being a supervisor, as a common practice here, supervisors and equal are not entitled to overtime pay, come to think of it, supervisor/equal are not paid for the quantity but for the quality of their work!

put it this way!

it's an extra mile :D

hello HR gurus,

I would like to ask if you already have a copy of the circular/advisory of new work hours for government and private sectors?

Do all firms have to comply? If so, is there a timeframe to implement this new ruling?

Kindly also include the implementing rules and guidelines, if any.

Thanks

Good Day Xcalibur

I think you're referring to SWT or Staggered Working Time scheme as proposed by Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) chairman Bayani Fernando. It goes like this STARTING Wednesday, December 15, 2004 until January 6, 2005, public and private employees will have to report for work on different hours. Under the Staggered Working Time (SWT) scheme, government workers will be required to work from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., while private employees will have to work from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. This is proposed to help ease the traffic situation during the holidays. This proposal has been presented to the Tripartite Industrial Peace Council, comprised of representatives from the government, business and labor sectors, who gave their thumbs-up for implementation.

I think there is no final and definite guideline, official order, Malacanang proclamation or DOLE policy statement regarding the matter.

your welcome xcalibur :D

although i got some update from the HR board ...

... so the SWT is really being implemented as per Memorandum Circular 81 but only for the Christmas season (Dec. 15 to Jan.6). Government offices will adhere to the 7 to 4:00 working hrs. but private offices are highly encouraged (not required:)) to stick to the 9-6:00pm.

hope this helps thanks :D

good day FPJ 45

the fact is most of the companies right now have been using that clause in their contracts and in their quitclaim deeds. its their protection against duplication of information and others specially among competitors.

just like most of our laws, this clause is also inactive, meaning you can still apply to other call centers or companies the same as that of your previous employer provided that you would have a graceful exit from you current company. avoid the rush particularly the 1 month transistion period, settle all your obligations (cash or non-cash) from your employer and be a gentlemen respect the laws, traditions, practices of that previous company.

otherwise, as a signatory of that contract or that quitclaim deed the company can run after you.

I make office uniforms for male and female employees and HR practitioners, specifically the guys handling benefits, are the main contact persons of my business. Pls refer me to the right connect in ur companies and I wud also appreciate if anyone can help me get directories or listing of members of people in the HR profession. Tks. :mtc: