• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just asking...cause i dont wanna assume.....a Multinational firm thru a headhunter asked for my current package...( i applied for this company 3 months ago and have gone thru all the required 4 interviews already) I padded my current package by at least 10% and our HR is not divulging salary infos to third parties without my consent (so that takes care of nosy people verifying my info)....What is the probability of me getting hired? :D....ive done my research and asked an employee of the headhunting firm (not the one who asked for the details of my package) the salary range that the company is giving. The "padded" package i divulged to the agent was well within the range....any comments on this?

Edited by orionpax
Just asking...cause i dont wanna assume.....a Multinational firm thru a headhunter asked for my current package...( i applied for this company 3 months ago and have gone thru all the required 4 interviews already) I padded my current package by at least 10% and our HR is not divulging salary infos to third parties without my consent (so that takes care of nosy people verifying my info)....What is the probability of me getting hired? :D....ive done my research and asked an employee of the headhunting firm (not the one who asked for the details of my package) the salary range that the company is giving. The "padded" package i divulged to the agent was well within the range....any comments on this?

i hope my response is not late... :D

good day orionpax!

regarding your question of the probability of getting hired? since you were able to undergo the series of pre-employment requirements i.e. interviews and i supposed exams, i think there's a great chance for you to be hired. right now your application is being classified as potential for hiring. normally, this will consist about two or three applicants the maximum of which is five. comprehensive and comparative screening and evaluation among the potentials are being done in this process focusing particularly on the job competency requirement (knowledge, skills, attitude). good luck and i hope you'll have it soon.

on your padded salary, i suggest you doubly ensure that your current company will not divulge it to the one your applying, because it would not look good on your part when a background investigation is done. remember in my earlier post I said that a good BI or background investigation could be one of the basis for determining a salary offer.

i hope my response is not late...  :D

good day orionpax!

regarding your question of the probability of getting hired? since you were able to undergo the series of pre-employment requirements i.e. interviews and i supposed exams, i think there's a great chance for you to be hired.  right now your application is being classified as potential for hiring.  normally, this will consist about two or three applicants the maximum of which is five.  comprehensive and comparative screening and evaluation among the potentials are being done in this process focusing particularly on the job competency requirement (knowledge, skills, attitude). good luck and i hope you'll have it soon.

on your padded salary, i suggest you doubly ensure that your current company will not divulge it to the one your applying, because it would not look good on your part when a background investigation is done. remember in my earlier post I said that a good BI or background investigation could be one of the basis for determining a salary offer.

thanks bro...i made sure that our HR (actually our HR is only one headcount :lol: ) so her lips are sealed with regards to salary info..:D that enlightened me :D besides...the job would require relocation to Laguna...thus i padded the salary a bit

Edited by orionpax

Question....if a company requires you to take written exams and requests a copy of your transcript of records...does it always or usually mean that the opening is for a rank & file/entry level position?

Most companies do not require the applicant to take written exams or require a copy of transcript (usually after the applicant is hired) if the job opening is Supervisor level and up...this is usually true with Executive search firms or headhunters (interview na lang & experience labanan dito)

your comments pls?

Question....if a company requires you to take written exams and requests a copy of your transcript of records...does it always or usually mean that the opening is for a rank & file/entry level position?

Most companies do not require the applicant to take written exams or require a copy of transcript (usually after the applicant is hired) if the job opening is Supervisor level and up...this is usually true with Executive search firms or headhunters (interview na lang & experience labanan dito)

your comments pls?

hiring practices differ from one company to another. although i admit that mostly written exams (with the exception of psychological exams) are intended for lower job grade positions. i say exception of psychological exam because in my company we are giving this type of exam to all job levels. please take note that transcript of records are part of the 201 file which the company keeps. there are plenty of reasons why transcripts are required. these can be use for succession plan, promotion or transfer.

hiring practices differ from one company to another.  although i admit that mostly written exams (with the exception of psychological exams) are intended for lower job grade positions.  i say exception of psychological exam because in my company we are giving this type of exam to all job levels.  please take note that transcript of records are part of the 201 file which the company keeps.  there are plenty of reasons why transcripts are required. these can be use for succession plan, promotion or transfer.

Thanks for enlightening me bro...i guess the ones offered to executive positions (supervisor up) are the psychological exams :lol:

by default...the transcript of records that are required to submit are the latest?

example...if a candidate had finished the academic load of a post grad degree (ex. MS or MBA) but has not yet graduated or obtained the degree...

What will the applicant submit? the non completed post grad transcript? or the college degree transcript?

Edited by orionpax
Thanks for enlightening me bro...i guess the ones offered to executive positions (supervisor up) are the psychological exams :lol:

by default...the transcript of records that are required to submit are the latest?

example...if a candidate had finished the academic load of a post grad degree (ex. MS or MBA) but has not yet graduated or obtained the degree...

What will the applicant submit? the non completed post grad transcript? or the college degree transcript?

i suggest you submit both. if you can obtain a copy of post grad transcript the better.

• 3 weeks later...
:cool: Have u ever discussed about numerous HR issues affecting call centers. Rampant ang violations ng HR policies and labor laws. :D

Hi jammin

Good Day!

Call centers being a new type of business here in the Philippines, as I've expected would have an HR issues for sure. Its part of the process. Maybe you could expound to us what are these issues then lets discuss.

I was part of a Change Management adhoc commitee for a client that ive worked with (Call Center)...as a 3rd party consultant, i have to be "neutral" even if these foreign call center execs deserve a kicking in the butt...there are a lot of issues with regards to the principals' (Foreign Manteam) policies in hiring & firing...a lot of agents' rights are being stepped on..including benefits..."sindakan" lang talaga...

major issues include the "immediate" firing of employees without documented "evidence" or affidavits..some call center execs fire agents based on pure hearsay

this is just one..there are a lot of agents out there that are helpless coz call centers are just new in the country...the small call centers dont even have a clear cut policy on HR issues

Yes, please discuss the alleged HR violations in call centers, to enlighten us. I'm new to the call center, so it would help to know what are those and how we could also assert our rights.