• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm experience is really the best teacher in HR. you can try attending some seminars offered by the Personnel Mgmt Association of the Philippines or Watson Wyatt or any other reputable HR Org ...

you can also try enrolling in a Post Grad HR course -- DLSU has a pretty good program.

try to find an HR related job - even if its entry level. you learn the HR ropes easiest this way.

good luck :)

HR Pros...Goodday to all. Can i ask something, here goes...if a company declares a loss on its business, is this a sufficient reason for them to not give increases to its employees on the following year? Is this a practice in the industry? Hope to hear replies from you and much thanks in advance :)

satnight pay increases are usually based on the company's projected earnings for a given fiscal year.

if a company does not make money for the current year, definitely, its profit projections for the next year will be either low or zero. that is their reason for not giving increases - the company has not made enough money to justify any pay increases.

i hope this helps :)

hmm experience is really the best teacher in HR. you can try attending some seminars offered by the Personnel Mgmt Association of the Philippines or Watson Wyatt or any other reputable HR Org ...

you can also try enrolling in a Post Grad HR course -- DLSU has a pretty good program.

try to find an HR related job - even if its entry level. you learn the HR ropes easiest this way.

good luck :)

Thanks wyldchik!

HR Pros...Goodday to all. Can i ask something, here goes...if a company declares a loss on its business, is this a sufficient reason for them to not give increases to its employees on the following year? Is this a practice in the industry? Hope to hear replies from you and much thanks in advance :)

good day satnight :)

another plus factor in investing and working in the philippines is the fact that the government provides a "good business" climate for investments and also "security of tenure" for employees.

if your company experienced loss they may differ the salary increase until such time they're on profit again.

no problem. ihave inquired and they have this hr management overview. i think it'll be good for starters and hopefulls like me.

thanks again

hi xcalibr good day :)

if you're dead serious in shifting career to Human Resources Work then it would be a good foundation for you to have an Organizational Development background. I know UP or Adamson offered this course just verify.

hello po sa inyo,

my boss wants to establish a company here in the philippines, and i was asked to handle this, we need a couple of staff, but the problem is i don't have any idea kung magkano ang entry level salary nile, here are the positions:

Manager

Programmer Analyst (min. 2 years experience)

Receptionist

i hope you guys can shed a light on this, salamat po

rude angel... wages for those positions are usually determined to a large part by the industry that your company is operating in.

you usually compare or benchmark salaries w/ companies in the same industry or those whom you consider to be your comparators OR competitors...

you will also need to know your companies target market positioning -- eg pay at minimum, median or maximum... ask your boss who these companies are and what the firms target pay position is.

when you find out, you can then proceed to secure salary data from a reputable survey company eg watson wyatt. from there you can base your salary recommendations.

hello po sa inyo,

my boss wants to establish a company here in the philippines, and i was asked to handle this, we need a couple of staff, but the problem is i don't have any idea kung magkano ang entry level salary nile, here are the positions:

Manager

Programmer Analyst (min. 2 years experience)

Receptionist

i hope you guys can shed a light on this, salamat po

dude!

we need to establish the rate, how big is ur grp ba?

well if u can also specify kung ano ung ibang requirements, that would help

we already have office in singapore, japan hongkong and in shanghai, here in manila we will start po siguro with one manager, two programmer analysts and one front desk staff,

kung ganyan lang ka few ang staff... you can actually use the "going rate" approach. try to find out the average going rates for your openings ...

either ask other HR practicioners or buy survey data.

then from there, you can try to approximate a reasonable salary given your company's capability to pay.

you can develop your salary structure after you have hired these people.

i think youre priority at this point is to get people so you can get the company goin ryt? :)

kung ganyan lang ka few ang staff... you can actually use the "going rate" approach. try to find out the average going rates for your openings ...

either ask other HR practicioners or buy survey data.

then from there, you can try to approximate a reasonable salary given your company's capability to pay.

you can develop your salary structure after you have hired these people.

i think youre priority at this point is to get people so you can get the company goin ryt? :)

My inputs po..

considering its a small team... one approach is to base the salary from your candidates, ie, among the top candidates... you get their salary info and get their average pay as your benchmark.

But if you need concrete salary info ahead which i guess you may require for your study before you proceed with opening an office here, you may contact local consulting companies for more realistic data. Another possible source is PMAP...and even Jobstreet and JobsDB.

regards

My inputs po..

considering its a small team... one approach is to base the salary from your candidates, ie, among the top candidates... you get their salary info and get their average pay as your benchmark.

But if you need concrete salary info ahead which i guess you may require for your study before you proceed with opening an office here, you may contact local consulting companies for more realistic data. Another possible source is PMAP...and even Jobstreet and JobsDB.

regards

thats an okay approach to take if their budget can afford it.

ang risk kse jan is some candidates tend to jack up their "asking rates" especially for start up companies... ina anticipate kse nila ang volume of work and they know that the company really needs them...

thats the reason why iv always relied on market data for benchmarking purposes. this way - mas objective ang gamit mo na basis for determining pay...

My inputs po ulit...

1.a company declares a loss on its business, is this a sufficient reason for them to not give increases to its employees on the following year? Yes, it is sufficient. But even if you have sufficient reason (or not), its always about how you package your message and how consistent you will be to implement it. Some companies tried slashing increases but not including the Management team...needless to say, it'd result to labor concerns. My suggestion is for the Head of the company to get first the commitment of the heads of each dept to implement non release of increase...starting with them.

2. Is this a practice in the industry? Yes. A lot of companies use this during the asian crisis. It can even be used to justify redundancy or retrenchment program. However, make sure you make thorough study before implementation. Take into account potential productivity loss and maybe resignations from your talented employees.