Is there a small business organization or chamber of commerce in Manila that can assist in the development of HR policies and company training programs for my new office?

Let me know.

good day shyguycanada :D

it feels good knowing that your putting up business here for that means employment to our filipino brothers and sisters :D and your doing it right, starting with the backbone of the business among others i.e. human resource management... :D

regarding your inquiry on who can assist you in your concern, allow me to refer you to PMAP or the Personnel Management Association of the Philippines, they have varied programs and consultants that could very well help you. They can be contacted through the following:

PMAP Center

670 Lee Street, Addition Hills, Mandaluyong City

Tel. Nos. 726-1532, 726-1588 and 726-1581

E-mail: pmap@pmap.org.ph

Homepage: http://www.pmap.org.ph

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a resource or publication that's available that indicates the average salaries and benefits for specific job classifications?

I'm looking to hire the best and provide them with top tier salaries and benefits. Any salary surveys will be greatly appreciated.

what particular industry you want to benchmark with? maybe i could help :)

hi im a noob, just can't help but pose a question:

our company hired us as contractuals with a promise of a possibility of regularization, but before our 1 year contract ended, they decided hire a "cooperative" which became their new source of manpower, and forcibly transfering us to become members of this cooperative, else we hit the streets and look for another job.

of course i feel that this is just to circumvent the labor code ruling that an employee who stays for more than a year should be given regular status.

is this allowed under the current labor code?

hi im a noob, just can't help but pose a question:

our company hired us as contractuals with a promise of a possibility of regularization, but before our 1 year contract ended, they decided hire a "cooperative" which became their new source of manpower, and forcibly transfering us to become members of this cooperative, else we hit the streets and look for another job.

of course i feel that this is just to circumvent the labor code ruling that an employee who stays for more than a year should be given regular status.

is this allowed under the current labor code?

good day hippo :D

cooperative providing manpower is a new trend now in the labor arena. once there was this group who came to our company to discuss about the good side of the business involving cooperative and of course the good side for its employees who they coined as investors not employees by the way.

the fact is, if the company decided to transfer these old employees to the cooperative and continue employing them, still they are liable to regularize these employees as stated in the labor code. moreso if these employees tended more than 6 months of continued service.

the labor code is very explicit on continued service of an employee beyond 6 months that employer must regularize them.

about the cooperative, if its allowed in the labor code. cooperative happens to be governed by other government agency, as such they are immune to the labor code. as for this instance, if the cooperative members are rendering manpower services, they wouldnt be considered employees anymore they would become business partners or clients of the company they are serving, for they are now considered owners of the cooperative providing manpower services. in this sense, the labor code wont apply.

Try the jobstreet.com website, there are estimated salary ranges for each industry and job rank, you may wanna take a look at these indicative salary structures, the values were from surveys :)

Is there a resource or publication that's available that indicates the average salaries and benefits for specific job classifications?

I'm looking to hire the best and provide them with top tier salaries and benefits. Any salary surveys will be greatly appreciated.

Help naman peeps o!

Last 2004 naka 3 employers ata ako.

- Yung isa since 2003 - March 2004 (Company A)

- 2nd is from March 2004 - Aug 2004 (Company B)

- Yung present is Aug 2004 up to now.(Company C)

My problem is with regard to tax issues. Yung second employer ko ((Company B) hindi nagbabayad ng tax and hindi din kami binabawasan. I failed to submit my BIR from 1902 to my current employer, itong form na ito galing pa dun sa Company A.

Last December i received all the taxes that was withheld by Company C.

The question is...Ako mismo yung mag-file ng tax ko right?

Next question...can i just declare na unemployed ako during March to Aug2004?

Many thanks!

Help naman peeps o!

Last 2004 naka 3 employers ata ako.

- Yung isa since 2003 - March 2004 (Company A)

- 2nd is from March 2004 - Aug 2004 (Company B)

- Yung present is Aug 2004 up to now.(Company C)

My problem is with regard to tax issues.  Yung second employer ko ((Company B) hindi nagbabayad ng tax and hindi din kami binabawasan. I failed to submit my BIR from 1902 to my current employer, itong form na ito galing pa dun sa Company A.

Last December i received all the taxes that was withheld by Company C.

The question is...Ako mismo yung mag-file ng tax ko right?

Next question...can i just declare na unemployed ako during March to Aug2004?

Many thanks!

Good Day MTC-Gigolo :D

Technically, yes for it would appear in the BIR record that you were unemployed in those period. However, your current employer should have included your income and corresponding taxes from company B so that you would not worry yourself filing and that's the proper procedure too.

good am and thanks tokoy for replying.

to clarify, you mean just by calling us "business partners" or "cooperative co-owners" gives them immunity from suit with the nlrc? i still feel that this is unfair, as for me i already rendered 11 months as a contractual (which they termed "project employee") then 9 months as coop member, doing the same thing by the way. do i have a case if i decided to pursue this with the nlrc? can we be members of the union, and ask for their help in pursuing this?

I strongly feel that we're being screwed as we are not given the same benefits (such as a health plan, sss, philhealth, pag-ibig, etc) and protection (they can recall our appointments anytime) as regular employees.

it's so amazing what these employers think and do just to cut costs...

good day hippo let me take your inquiry by point :)

good am and thanks tokoy for replying.

to clarify, you mean just by calling us "business partners" or "cooperative co-owners" gives them immunity from suit with the nlrc? i still feel that this is unfair, as for me i already rendered 11 months as a contractual (which they termed "project employee") then 9 months as coop member, doing the same thing by the way. do i have a case if i decided to pursue this with the nlrc? can we be members of the union, and ask for their help in pursuing this?

i believe you definitely have a case.  since you've been with the company for more than 5 months.  though they transferred you to cooperative, still they are liable to regularize you because of the tenure you've spent with the company.  let me clarify also that you cannot become a member of the union since you're not a regular employee, as such the union cannot do anything in your case.  what you can do is to go to DOLE/NLRC and file a complain.

allow me also to clarify that new employees who are hired under the cooperative scheme would no longer be considered as employee since they would become business partners as owners of the cooperative.

I strongly feel that we're being screwed as we are not given the same benefits (such as a health plan, sss, philhealth, pag-ibig, etc) and protection (they can recall our appointments anytime) as regular employees.

in this case i think that your company is in deep trouble for not deducting sss, philhealth and pag-ibig contributions which are mandatory in nature.  as a project-based employee you are still entitled to these deductions as these are government mandated benefits.  i think it is with obvious reason that they didnt deduct these contributions to do away with employee-employer relationship.

it's so amazing what these employers think and do just to cut costs...

Edited by Tokoy

Good day HR people

Below is the formula if you want to compute your company's turn-over rate.

Attrition Rate = # of separated employees for the month/average # of employees for the month x 100 to get the percentage rate

Edited by Tokoy

Just in case you ever got the two mixed up. This should make things a bit clearer.

IN PRISON.. you spend the majority of your time in an 8X10 cell.

AT WORK... you spend the majority of your time in a 6X8 desk cubicle.

IN PRISON...you get three meals a day.

AT WORK...you only get a break for one meal and you pay for it.

IN PRISON...you get time off for good behaviour.

AT WORK...you get more work for good behaviour.

IN PRISON...the guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you.

AT WORK...you must carry around a security card and open all the doors for yourself.

IN PRISON...you can watch TV and play games.

AT WORK...you get fired for watching TV and playing games.

IN PRISON...you get your own toilet.

AT WORK...you have to share with some idiot who pees on the seat.

IN PRISON...they allow your family and friends to visit.

AT WORK...you can't even speak to your family.

IN PRISON...the taxpayers pay all expenses with no work required.

AT WORK...you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.

IN PRISON...you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out.

AT WORK...you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars.

IN PRISON...you must deal with sadistic wardens.

AT WORK...they are called HR Managers