• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks pareng jomart19.. but heres a big problem that im having right now.. patulong naman if u have any idea re: this..

i will be resigning from my office (government agency) na.. kaso they want me to return the mid-year bonus (half ng 13th month pay) that they have given last may kasi daw dapat hangang october dapat ako para di ko na isauli.. tama ba yun? is there such a policy? naka six months naman ako this 2004 ah... this really is giving me some headaches.. hangang sa pag-alis ba naman pahirap pa rin itong opisinang na ito..

ang paraan po ng pag compute ng eligibility for 13th month pay is...

ur annual salary divide by 12 months times number of months worked...

so kung anim na bwan ka lang nag work...anim na bwan lang po ang eligibility mo for this pay.

kung nakuha mo ang FULL amount, tama po na ipabalik sa iyo ang kalahati kse na overpay ka po nila.

when will company owners and HR managers in makati finally becomne objective? when will they stop this idiocy of prioritizing graduates from the 'big four'?

i wouldnt go so far as to call it idiocy. rather its part of whats called a HIRING POLICY...

companies do have the right to specify what schools they would prefer to hire their employees from - in keeping with their corporate objectives and thrusts.

for instance - i had a client who wanted employees who would be strong in operations, therefore, they articulated in their hiring policy they would prioritize grads from technical schools ...

on the other hand, my drug co. client specified they wanted candidates strong in verbal skills... hence they named colleges/univs known for turning out graduates strong in that area....

added perspective lang po and maybe a delayed answer but now ko lang kase na hanap tong thread na to.

i was wondering if anyone shares my opinion about 13th month pay.

while its great to have a nice little bonus at the end of the year to go christmas shopping, wouldn't it be better to get it spread out through out the year? some ideas:

1. the companies retaining 13th month pay actually get an interest free loan from employees because they are not obliged to pay the amount until the end of the year.

not really because 13th month pay is accrued monthly. that is you "earn" 1/12 of your total 13th mo pay entitlement for evry month you stay in the firm

2. people are not not encouraged to save and therefore stunts learning the responsibility of cash planning.

i think this would depend on the person really. its a nest egg or a splurge purse... dpending on how you look at it.

3. It assumes that as an employee i have no better way to manage my finances except to splurge it all during chistmas.

again this is dependent. but the spirit and intent of the 13th month pay law is to provide an extra something for employees to use for christmas (traditionally a time when there are a lot of expenses)... how the employee ends up using it is his own call ...

anyway, some quick thoughts.

likewise.

cheers all

again this myt be a very late answer but... :)

Mga Friends, head, assistant, manager,supervisor,etc. sa HR thread( mga bosing) may question lang po ako:

ako ay isang empleyado dito sa isang banko. ngayon ang tanong ko ay ganito:

- paano po ako magsisimula para magtrabaho sa department ng HR?bilang isang HR assistant or clerk? ako po ay isang fresh grad. 2 months pa lang ako nagwowork dito sa banko bilang csr.nais ko po kasi maging career ang HRD dahil yun po ang tinapos kong kurso.

ano po ba nag una kong dapat na requirement? mayroon po ba kayong nais i share na dapat kong malaman? dapat po ba kong maging office staff muna o clerk?

may maipapayo po ba kayo? salamat po sa pagtuon ng pansin.

mabuhay ang HRD thread!

suggest ko after 1 yr apply for a transfer to HR. tapos chek mo na lang first san me vacancy and try to get in that position.

from there, show a willingness to learn HR and do other things w/in the HR function... and youre on your way.

HR requires a whole lot of patience so just hang in there :)

Dear MTC HR practitioners,

One question...employment related. Will you hire a prospective employee with tattooes and body piercing even if he/she is qualified for the position? There is one thread going on about tattooes and body piercing and there were posts regarding employment of people with tattooes. Need your comments. Thanks.

again it depends on the hiring policy of the company.

in general pharma companies dont hire ppl w/ tattoos as it goes against the image that these companies wish to project... that of being "clean and healthy" ...

some other industries would be as conservative -- banks, some telcos and some retail / fmcg firms.

on the other hand in the media and advertising industry, its actually almost anything goes... as far as dress, body piercing and art, way of life etc is concerned.

just a question, how mature is the hr practice here in the philippines?

let's focus on recruitment. di ba dapat all are given equal opportunity but how come ang daming resctrictions like age bracket, gender, etc.... is there a particular agency na dapat nagmomonitor nito?

depende po yan sa hiring policy ng company.

if their thrust is to attract a young clientele, or if the work they do requires travel or operating heavy machinery and such, they would naturally go for younger candidates...

dito sa US they have an Equal Employment Opportunity Act - meaning prospective employers cannot ask for an applicants age, marital status, gender and even religion when processing an application. you will only be hired based on qualifications... sa pinas they SAY they have that but....

MGA HRD PEEPS DYAN. MAY QUESTION LANG AKO. IS IT REALLY ILLEGAL TO PUT UP A UNION WITHIN A COMPANY? CAN A COMPANY FIRE ITS EMPLOYEES WHO ARE FORMING A UNION? AND LASTLY, CAN I COMPANY CHANGE ITS EXISTING POLICIES WITHOUT CONSULTING ITS EMPLOYEES. POLICIES LIKE PERFORMANCE INCREASE OF EMPLOYEES (EX. FROM THE EXISTING 8%, 10%, & 12% INCREASE TO A NEW 6%,7% & 8% INCREASE), AND RETIREMENT (EX. FROM THE EXISTING 10 YEARS SERVICE TO THE NEW 15 YEARS SERVICE)

BWISIT NA BWISIT NA KAMI SA COMPANY NAMIN. GUSTO NA NAMIN MAGBUO NG UNION. AND THE NEW HR MANAGER IS THE TARGET OF ALL THE ANGER SA OFFICE NAMIN. DAHIL EVERSINCE DUMATING SYA DITO PARANG ANG DAMING POLICIES NA BINAGO.

PLS ENLIGHTEN US, BAGO MABUGBOG SA LABAS ANG HR MANAGER NAMIN NG MGA HOODLUM KONG OFFICEMATES. HEHEHEHEHEHE.

nde po ilegal mag tayo ng Union pero may proseso po na dapat sundin for this. ask dole for details...

yun sa performance appraisal -- depende sa policy ng company ... but usually the percentage increases are dictated by budget -- and based on projection of business results/profits...

benefits can only be changed for the BETTER meaning i iimprove sya at di babawasan. refer to the non dimunition of benefits provision in the labor code...

so regarding the retirement plan, pakibasa mabuti ang bagong plan - baka naman ginawa nga 15 yrs ang eligibility pero nilakihan ang entitlement then ... that would be allowed.

good day to all you HR people,

I have one question. When it comes to severance pay, does it makes a difference if one gets sacked due to redundancy as compared to one who has to leave due company closure?

there is a difference...

if you are declared redundant you are entitled to at least 1 mo salary for evry year of service... i say at least bec most firms declaring redundancies would have a "package" to offer...

if you lose your job bec the company is not makin any money then you may receive anywhere from 1 month to half a month salary... more often than not you get half a month since... the company does not have money ... thats why theyre lettin go of ppl...

Please help me on these:

1. If you have annual salary increase and you feel that you are still shortchanged/undercompensated, when do you think is the best time to ask for a raise? Will it still be reasonable to ask for one if you are rated average or meets requirements on your KRA?

honestly you are the best person to gauge if you are worth an additional raise or not... if you feel confident enuf then speak w/ your boss, otherwise, hold your peace for now.

2. Is it ok to moonlight?

depends on your firm, but there is a law on double compensation that you have to consider as well... so ask your HR if its ok to have a 2nd job and if it is what sort of jobs can this be. i know its normally OK to teach after office hours .. m not sure about other jobs.

3. In applying for a job, how much expected salary should I state basing on my previous salary?

depends on your worth really - by worth i mean skills, training, abilities etc. the norm is 15% mark up but thats for really excellent candidates.

Help :ninja:

well my 2 cents...

tanong lan, nasa labor code ba ounce you sign your regularization, a 10% of your salalry will be added?

wala po. salary increase upon regularization is at the discretion of the company. it would either be

1 - an adjustment to the minimum pay of the job grade employee is in (if hired below min)

2 - a % increase commensurate to the regularization performance rating of the person

3 - a fixed amount per policy....

-pano ba computation ng withholding tax? is it bracketed?

-a friend of mine works in a company na delayed and sweldo. may nasusulat ba sa labor code tungkol d2?

salamat po

me tax brackets po depending sa annual gross compensation income. refer sa likod ng form 1701-a or sa website ng bir. (bir.gov.ph i think)....

me provisions on the labor code re on time payment of salary ... pati na ang manner of payment.

Good Day All!

To start this thread rolling let me ask you DO YOU ALL KNOW WHAT SERVICE INCENTIVE LEAVE IS?

service incentive leave w/ pay po ba?

5 days leave w/ pay granted to employees after 1 year of continuous service per labor code? tama po ba?

what are the requirement to change your exemption status from single to head of the family?

there is a form you hafta fill out (bir form...) and you need to submit proof that you are indeed head of fam (usually birth cert of children or parents)

your HR processes this and makes corresponding adjustments to your tax records and computation.

follow up lang po. is it true na pwede mo ideclare ang grandparent/s are your dependent/s? may narinig kse ako. just dont know bka hoax lang

:D

thanks

ang pwede lang po ay

legal wife not employed

legal children below 21 and not dependent on you for support

or

parents above 60 and dependent on you for support

question lang po ng friend ko sa kabilang site....

" Ano bang policy sa company nyo for resignations with notice less than the allowed number of days? nasa labor code ba ito? meron ba silang pwedeng gawing legal action against me kung magresign ako with my notice less than the number of days required? Policy kase dito is 1 month pero kelangan ko nang magresign agad kase for immediate requirement yung lilipatan ko. 10 days notice lang ang nabigay ko e. salamat po "

usual company policy is 30 days notice period. kailangan mo ito i observe dahil asa employment contract mo ito - that you signed and is legal and binding. usually employers are lenient and allow employees to leave immediately not unless walang mag a absorb ng work mo or wala sila ma hire

then...

"concerned lang kase ako baka nasa labor code sya tapos the employer might decide to take some legal action against me....

they might take legal action or at the very least nde nila isa sign ang clearance mo. tapos... AWOL ka... kse nde ka na papasok ng the rest of your notice period.

Ang sabi ng HR, ibabawas nalang daw nila yung kulang na number of days sa final pay ko. Can they do that?

yes they can. considered absent yun eh.

Ayaw nilang pagamit yung mga natitirang mga Vacation and sick leaves ko (By the way, automatic convertible to Vacation leaves and sick leaves namin pag hindi nagamit after the year) para ma-compensate yung remaining number of days prior to my resignation date. Im willing to train the new ones naman, even on saturdays and sundays. Ewan ko nga kung bakit nila ako iniipit ng ganito.... "

ang sick leave po ay maaring gamiting kapag me sakit lang. nde kapag mag re resign.

ang vacation leave is for vacation or personal purposes but its use is subject to approval by your boss.

i know na willing ka naman to help them out but i guess they are sticking to their policy and they have the right to do that...

iniipit ka ba nila? maybe. im not sure but ... they are being above board with the way they are handling this...

and......

" ayaw nila ako bigyan ng terminal leave e... Actually, ok naman ako sa HR, its my boss (the president) who doesnt even acknowledged my resignation. Yung kasama ko 1 week earlier nagfile ng resignation, the same day nag-reply yung boss ko ng acknowledgement nya for the resignation.

kasi nga po all leave availments is subject to approval of your boss. nde po dahil nasabi mo na ikaw ay mag le leave ay aprubado agad iyon...

Naka hold na nga salary ko for february kahit March 10 pa ang resignation ko as per order by my boss daw. E yung iba namang kasama ko naibigay naman yung salary nila for the first payweek. Normally yung March 1 to 10 lang dapat ang nakahold.

sa ibang kumpanya 1 pay period ang hold. sa iba 1 month. chek mo po ang company policy...

Di ko alam e, kasi tuwing ino-open ko sa boss ko yung tungkol sa resignation ko e iniiba nya ang topic..... Ang gulo e... Ayoko naman magkaroon ng bad record since this is my first job. Wish ko lang ma clear na ito.... "

maari. kaya dapat siguro kausapin mo ng masinsinan ang yong boss. baka hurt sya na mag re resign ka. maaring gusto lang nya ng proper closure.

ano po ba nag say nyo dito mga HR gurus.....

hope this helps ...

Edited by WyldChik

hehe matapos ko mangealam sa thread nyo papakilala na po ako.

graduate po ako ng BA Psych at MS Industrial/Org Psych at nagsimula bilang Sr Hr Analyst sa isang start up telco after graduation, i also worked for an IT firm as Personnel Admin Unit Head.

tapos, i moved to Organizational Development Consulting w/ a multinational consulting firm. Eventually i went freelance and my last client in Manila was a start up petroleum company...

ang aking linya po sa HR ay Compensation & Benefits, Strategic HR Management, Organizational Development at Employee Relations...

kasalukuyan po akong asa US nag ta train para maging preschool teacher subalit kung may magandang opportunity for an HR Person like me sa Pilipinas, id still come home anytime.

thanks for bearin w/ my flooding in this thread!

:)

Edited by WyldChik

It may be a little bit late but I just happened to have the time and scanned the whole thread.

My cents worth of opinion:

The one month notice for resignation is just a customary or traditional policy among the companies to require from their employees. IT IS NOT IN THE LABOR CODE. The law forbids "involuntary servitude". So if you you feel you dont want to work anymore, you can just leave right at the very moment you felt the needs to do so.

teynks Tokoy... this thread helps me keep updated too sa HR trends in mnl now na im out of the country. para din di ako makalimot sa aking discipline :)

your welcome wyldchik this could work bothways while you update yourself on the HR trends here you could also brief us on the latest HR model particularly on OD and employee relations :)

hi...i'm an hr practioner...i specialize in training and org. dev. got a masters degree din in labor and industrial relations...

i hope i could be of help to those with concerns regarding hr matters.

hi chelly, im happy to see you here. just like wyldchik you've got a loaded credentials with you :) i hope we could all use this to help our fellow MTC :)

Edited by Tokoy