Apple iPhone

Transferring music to your iPhone does not re-lock it! The only way for your jailbreak and unlock to stop functioning is if you restore and/or upgrade its firmware. So go ahead. Sync up, and enjoy your music in your iPhone!

I kinda figured out how to transfer music into my IPhone... just have to create a playlist...

though it takes quite some time though but it's all good...

fry would u think its possible for me to install ym in my IPhone?

I kinda figured out how to transfer music into my IPhone... just have to create a playlist...

though it takes quite some time though but it's all good...

fry would u think its possible for me to install ym in my IPhone?

Simply head to meebo.com from your Safari browser. Yahoo hasn't released YM for the iPhone yet, though we'll most likely see it once the 2.0 software rolls out. There are also a few IM apps found within Installer such as Apollo and Mobile Chat that feature MSN, ICQ, Google Talk, etc.

Simply head to meebo.com from your Safari browser. Yahoo hasn't released YM for the iPhone yet, though we'll most likely see it once the 2.0 software rolls out. There are also a few IM apps found within Installer such as Apollo and Mobile Chat that feature MSN, ICQ, Google Talk, etc.

yep! as of the moment I'm using meebo.com :)

in line with the installer I have this pending update...

it's Installer version 3.11 and Community Sources version 3.82... would it be ok to install them?

I am really being very cautious so as not to lock my IPhone

i work for the company who has most shares of Globe (daw) or nabili na nga ata nila.

yes iphone will be released under this company's umbrella of companies (parang mali ang sentence) in SEA.

3rd-4th quarter of this year 2008...

thats the most info i can give.

hmmm its either you work for Mitsubishi Corp, Ayala Corp or Singtel :D

i work for the company who has most shares of Globe (daw) or nabili na nga ata nila.

yes iphone will be released under this company's umbrella of companies (parang mali ang sentence) in SEA.

3rd-4th quarter of this year 2008...

thats the most info i can give.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, learned lots in this thread, got my i phone just a few weeks ago, and i already tried some of its features.. lots of the disadvantages like no video, no message forwarding, etc though these can be work around by installing freeware apps.. only prob is i hav no time to really look for apps.. so may i ask i phone users out there some apps that they find useful and where to get them and how..:) thanks for the tips much appreciated...

There's an icon named "Installer" in your menu, be sure you have a Wifi hotspot nearby. This app is your gateway to the tons of apps availabale to the iPhone

wow, learned lots in this thread, got my i phone just a few weeks ago, and i already tried some of its features.. lots of the disadvantages like no video, no message forwarding, etc though these can be work around by installing freeware apps.. only prob is i hav no time to really look for apps.. so may i ask i phone users out there some apps that they find useful and where to get them and how..:) thanks for the tips much appreciated...
There's an icon named "Installer" in your menu, be sure you have a Wifi hotspot nearby. This app is your gateway to the tons of apps availabale to the iPhone

I have quite a handful of updates pending...

is it ok if I just install them? I am quite afraid I may accidentally lock the unit

oh yeah already added some of those.. thanks.. do u have any idea though where i can get additional cool apps, that isnt in the intaller app.. ??

Pinas is not yet included in the 7/11 release. Hong Kong will get first crack at it in the ASEAN Region, other countries included are:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US

Globe will announce soon when they will unveil the iPhone 3G plans ;)

Is Philippines included on the July 11 release of iphone 2.0? If yes, sino ang local phone company?
Edited by orionpax
At the opening of its Worldwide Developer's Conference, last night, Apple announced the 3G iPhone.

Black back, soon with white

GPS support

300 hours of standby, 2G talk-time now has 10 hours (as opposed to 5), 5 hours of 3G talk-time (most phones only have 3 hour 3G talk time), 5 to 6 hours of high-speed browsing, 7 hours of video, 24 hours of audio.

Comparing download speeds between 3G and EDGE. 3G finished in 21 seconds. EDGE finished in 59 seconds. When compared to other 3G phones (Nokia N95 and Treo 750), the iPhone is 36% faster -- and better looking.

Push email, drag and drop, support for iwork and office.

And the price for the 8 GB model is:

the 16 GB version is $299. Available from Globe in September. All serivces supported in the US will be supported locally including the application store. I think Globe will provide a Paypal payment facility via G-cash.

the only regret that I have is that the battery lasts longer!

I have to charge my IPhone everyday!

does this have wi fi also

judging from the post above... I would have to think that it does have wi-fi

Is Philippines included on the July 11 release of iphone 2.0? If yes, sino ang local phone company?

Globe... 3rd quarter of the month!

malamang ibibigay sa mga platinum accounts

it's either you're using it heavily or there's an app that's running without your knowledge...

I really can't pinpoint it much... as I usually have calls and messages to answer...

how do you close the applications anyway? I just usually press the home key...

the only regret that I have is that the battery lasts longer!

I have to charge my IPhone everyday!

judging from the post above... I would have to think that it does have wi-fi

Globe... 3rd quarter of the month!

malamang ibibigay sa mga platinum account

Theoritically, 3G is faster than wifi hence wifi is no longer necessary. And 3G network eats more power thus your battery gets drained faster.

Globe allocating the new iphone for platinum members or for a plan 5K maybe too much, considering the SRP of the unit in the US is just $199 (8G). If this do happen I'd rather buy me a new iphone in the grey market (which analyst say is the reason for the low cost of the new iphone) than get it from globe.

..but the thing is 3G settings must be personally reconfigured by apple store personnel or in our case Globe centers. Unlike previous iPhone version that can be configured via iTunes..

but i might be wrong since magagaling din ang mga hackers ng iPhone.. :unsure:

or either maglabas din ang china ng dual-sim model ng iPhone look-a-like :lol: