Apple iPhone

Got this from a friend from Singtel

There will be "prepaid" 3G iPhones, that are being planned to be sold in Europe (thru Vodafone)

Dont be surpised with the price :lol:

Expect to burn 400 Euros for the 8GB model(around 35 K Pesos) and 570 Euros for the 16 GB model (40 K Pesos)

So guys & gals...EVEN if it does show up in the gray market...these 3G iphones are FAR from the $199 (8GB) & $ 299(16 GB) USD price tags bundled with a plan

now that's steep! I expect the price of IPhones to be sold in the gray market at around that price anyway

or perhaps even more...

Had a meeting this morning with our Globe AE...jeez..as of now.. Globe 3G iPhone plans are still CLASSIFIED..but heres the scoop...It will be available free (or plus a certain amount) to Platinum subscribers :D

It is being studied if they will offer 1st Gen iPhones to other G-Plans :D

PS: The Globe-Apple tandem will be doing their darndest best to quash "work-arounds" to jail break Globe issued units (bad news for hackers)...i dunno if the Turbo SIMs will still be effective :D

You know what you're right. I apologize to forum members who might have been 'taken' by my enthusiasm for the $199 price tag announced by Apple at the WWDC. I should have known better. Later news revealed that Apple got AT&T to pay them a subsidy of $325 per phone.

Its a cheap marketing trick and I got suckered into buying into it. I should have known better.

So the reference price for the iPhone is again back to $700 or thereabouts. I suspect Globe may be 'eating' a similar subsidy for the high-end platinum post paid plan. P5k monthly, unlimited HSDPA and they give you the 'privilege' of buying a 3G iPhone for say, P10k. Time to drive my accountants crazy.

Jailbroken? That is a term used on an iPhone that has been modified to allow installation of applications outside of the official Apple-supplied apps. Until July 11, 2008 all the none Apple apps can only be installed on a jailbroken phone.

Perhaps you meant a 'hacked' iPhone? This is one where the SIM-lock to the AT&T network is removed so that you can use a SIM from another mobile phone provider.

I would wait until after July 11 before you do that though. No one knows what Apple has done tot he software on version 2 of the iPhone and whether it will irreparably brick unauthorized iphones.

Edited by orionpax

hello to all.. i have my fone here and its working quite well.. just need to find roms for the emulators kung san puwede mag download.. can anyybody have any info on that.. also have a question.. sa mga may i phone.. has there been a time you cannot connect to a wifi network even though the wifi network is active.. that happened to me once.. dont know if theere is a problem with my phone or is it just a glitch coz i saw laptops conecting with no problems.. if anyone has a similar experience or got around that problem share your infos pls thanks..

i heard that globe will offer the iphone3G 8gig at plan2500. globe people are preparing it para sa sept. center people are having their 1week training for iphone support. apple doesn't want iphone user going to their stores for support. everything will be done at globe business centers. i heard globe is really preparing big for the iphone! sobrang spoiled nga daw ang apple! may sariling counter pa for iphone users.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
hello to all.. i have my fone here and its working quite well.. just need to find roms for the emulators kung san puwede mag download.. can anyybody have any info on that.. also have a question.. sa mga may i phone.. has there been a time you cannot connect to a wifi network even though the wifi network is active.. that happened to me once.. dont know if theere is a problem with my phone or is it just a glitch coz i saw laptops conecting with no problems.. if anyone has a similar experience or got around that problem share your infos pls thanks..

Reset mo lang ung network settings pre. then try again. it works for me.

anyway, anybody tried a FM tuner device in their iPhone? namimiss ko na ang FM eh, lalo na ang tambalang balahura at balasubas.

@artvader

hindi naman mahirap mag text sa iphone. the only problem is kung mahaba ang kuko mo hindi ka makaka text, you can't even use a stylus. kailangan finger tip talaga.

cons of the iphone:

1. battery - you can't change it (pareho sa mga ipod natin)

2. touch screen - hindi pwede long fingernails at stylus (sorry nalang yung mga ladies na mahaba kuko)

3. 150characters for sms - yan lang ang available kaya hindi kayo makaka gawa ng nobela ..hehehe

4. no MMS - wala rin picture na pwede send

5. no forward msg - kailangan download mo pa yung iphone app para pwede ka mag forward ng msg

6. wifi connectivity - if you are using a prepaid wifi (katulad ng binebenta sa mga coffee shop) you can't disconnect it. uubusin nya yun bago maputol ang time mo

..sabi nga ng iba pang porma lang daw talaga ang iphone ..hmmm still waiting for the 3G iphone! $200 if you get it with aT&T line $600 pag open line. ano kaya magiging rate talaga globe ..tsk tsk tsk

@artvader

hindi naman mahirap mag text sa iphone. the only problem is kung mahaba ang kuko mo hindi ka makaka text, you can't even use a stylus. kailangan finger tip talaga.

cons of the iphone:

1. battery - you can't change it (pareho sa mga ipod natin)

2. touch screen - hindi pwede long fingernails at stylus (sorry nalang yung mga ladies na mahaba kuko)

3. 150characters for sms - yan lang ang available kaya hindi kayo makaka gawa ng nobela ..hehehe

4. no MMS - wala rin picture na pwede send

5. no forward msg - kailangan download mo pa yung iphone app para pwede ka mag forward ng msg

6. wifi connectivity - if you are using a prepaid wifi (katulad ng binebenta sa mga coffee shop) you can't disconnect it. uubusin nya yun bago maputol ang time mo

..sabi nga ng iba pang porma lang daw talaga ang iphone ..hmmm still waiting for the 3G iphone! $200 if you get it with aT&T line $600 pag open line. ano kaya magiging rate talaga globe ..tsk tsk tsk

interesting points...

especially the no MMS thing. Kahit sa 3G iphone ba wala paring MMS? Maybe you can send pictures through wifi instead... dami na namang free wifi spots around the metro...

Personally I'm not really worried with not being able to change the battery since after 2 years nagpapalit naman talaga most people ng cellphone...

can't wait for the iphone though... finally i can sync all the stuff in my computer to my phone!!

iPhone 3G is HERE!!!!

G-Max 3500 iPhone 3G

Initial Fee: Php9,995

Monthly Fee: Php3,500

Free Text: 650

Free Calls: 750 mins.

Globe to Globe: Php3.50/minute

Globe to Non-Globe: Php4.50/minute

Excess SMS Rates: Php0.50/text

Globe Platinum 5000 iPhone 3G

Initial Fee: FREE

Monthly Fee: Php5,000

Free Calls: 1,100 mins.

Optional: Additional Php2,000/month for Unlimited 3G Plans (Globe Visibility). Plans have 2-year lock-in period with Globe.

PrePaid Plans have not been finalized yet (due to Forex rates) but it will be in the range of Php20,000 to Php25,000.

Seen this info a month ago..... kailan confirmed na date lalabas iphone dito? Hopefully some reviews the iPhone 3G (planning to buy one for wifey... as for me I prefer the upcoming Nokia E71)

iPhone 3G is HERE!!!!

G-Max 3500 iPhone 3G

Initial Fee: Php9,995

Monthly Fee: Php3,500

Free Calls: 750 mins.

Globe Platinum 5000 iPhone 3G

Initial Fee: FREE

Monthly Fee: Php5,000

Free Calls: 1,100 mins.

Optional: Additional Php2,000/month for Unlimited 3G Plans (Globe Visibility). Plans have 2-year lock-in period with Globe.

PrePaid Plans have not been finalized yet (due to Forex rates) but it will be in the range of Php20,000 to Php25,000.