Apple iPhone

Guys i have a friend selling iphone for 26K, pero pwede pa tumawad down to 25K..just pm me if youre interested..

how many gb? used na ba?

Heard that iPhones won't be officialy be released in the Philippines. Globe or Smart doesn't like the terms of Apple.

tsk tsk! guess ghills will be the source of IPhones for now...

When I wen't to the philippines I used my unlocked Iphone it works pretty good with globe only problem is there is no internet access, but everything else works texting and calling.

Baka di naka set yung APN ng EDGE settings mo. Internet sa iPhone will work only on EDGE or pag may Wifi na available. FYI.

• 2 weeks later...

the texting just needs getting used to. and yes theres a method of unlocking it but theres still a chance to brick your iphone so ask a pro to help you out in case things get nasty. dont want an expensive paperweight right? hehe.

i asked my tita to bring me one 8gb model and she will bring an extra two to sell. if anyones interested let me know.

the current iPhone for me is a"novelty" item compared to the brute strength & wide array of features of the HTC Tytyn or even the N95..

Its basically Wifi/EDGE phone with multimedia functions + an iPod :D

I think its better to wait for the Asian version of this with 3G or HSDPA

ahhh ok! I'll probably wait for Apple to launch its new wave of IPhones before buying mine hehehe
the current iPhone for me is a"novelty" item compared to the brute strength & wide array of features of the HTC Tytyn or even the N95..

I still don't understand the need to wait for 3G or HSDPA. I'm sure most of us would rather use wifi since its cheaper.

When im travelling, not all areas have Wi-Fi signals, and most of em aint free, and an HSDPA phone is faster than EDGE anytime when the phone is used as a modem

For video conference calls, iPhone cant cut it w/o 3G support

And most apps are supported by Windows, as almost 90% of PCs are Windows powered

I agree Wi Fi is cheaper..that is if you have your own Wifi subscription at home or office or if you linger around Wi-Fi zones most of the time

But for people on the go (mostly on the road), its different

I still don't understand the need to wait for 3G or HSDPA. I'm sure most of us would rather use wifi since its cheaper.
Edited by orionpax

good thing I'm not much of a 3G fanatic...

in fact I'm against it :lol: hehehe

When im travelling, not all areas have Wi-Fi signals, and most of em aint free, and an HSDPA phone is faster than EDGE anytime when the phone is used as a modem

For video conference calls, iPhone cant cut it w/o 3G support

And most apps are supported by Windows, as almost 90% of PCs are Windows powered

I agree Wi Fi is cheaper..that is if you have your own Wifi subscription at home or office or if you linger around Wi-Fi zones most of the time

But for people on the go (mostly on the road), its different

hehe, yep. Most of the place i visits are usually covered in wifi. Well different people have different needs.

if I am not mistaken...

8GB - 23k ver 1.1.2

16GB - 29k ver 1.1.3

but the thing is the higher version can't support message forwarding and has no caller ID

message forwarding was never supported from the very start so it doesn't matter what version you're on. however, if you install SMSD then you get the function.

no caller ID? that isn't version dependent either. more like a botched-up unlocking process.

i have a ver. 1.0.2 OTB updated to ver. 1.1.4 with no problems.

sorry for my ignorance, what's all the fuss about the iphone?

i have a friend who has one. it's nice, sleak, but it doesn't offer much more than what other brands are already offering.

also i'd much rather have a regular keypad than the touch screen.

it's all a matter of choice.

message forwarding was never supported from the very start so it doesn't matter what version you're on. however, if you install SMSD then you get the function.

no caller ID? that isn't version dependent either. more like a botched-up unlocking process.

i have a ver. 1.0.2 OTB updated to ver. 1.1.4 with no problems.

I guess the person whom I talked to was lying...

that was what he told me