Apple iPhone

People are coming up with jailbreak/unlock solutions each time a new firmware gets released, you only need to wait for the scene to catch up whenever an update becomes available. Even the last update - 1.1.2 isn't jailbreak/unlock proof as people simply downgrade to 1.1.1 and start off from there.

actually, there are unlocked iphone units being sold in greenhills between 18k and 20k ... but i'm not sure if it's worth the buy...

Can anyone pm me where can i get my i phone unlocked? i have a 1.1.1 version of i phone. I know its here already in phils but just need to get the right person and place to do the job for me, any info is appreciated thanks :)

You could also do it yourself, with consultation from THIS forum. The process basically involves visiting jailbreakme.com from the Safari browser or your 1.1.1 iPhone, and installing an app called anySIM.

In my opinion, the iPhone is not good value for money if it is used outside AT&T in the States. Visual Voicemail is a pretty useful feature to have (only works with AT&T), and Google Maps on the iPhone only displays the continental U.S. Those are already two key features that you pay for, but are unable to use. Also, unlocked iPhones are in the mercy of the dev/hack team - you have to wait for developments from their side each time Apple comes up with a new firmware. Not to mention P28,000 is a ridiculous amount to pay for an unlocked 8GB iPhone when it's just $400 (P17,000) retail in the States.

Truth be told, the iPhone is a sub-par phone. Most inexpensive cellphones have better capable phone and messaging features than the iPhone. Where the iPhone really shines is in its media and internet capabilities. That said, one would be better off with an iPod Touch.

Edited by fry

thanks fry and dickee for the advise, already unlocked the phone. actually i bought the phone in us for 399usd, as i have been using apple products, its easy for me just to follow up as i-tunes are rather easy to use for me. well said fry, i would rather own a 160GB I Pod Touch which is so much useful as a hard disk and multi media capabilites.

Had a chance to try the iphone....it's pretty and fun, but not for me. My biggest gripe is that you can't text with only one hand, and you can't text by feeling the buttons. My friend who owns the iphone initially didn't mind the slower texting...but after a week, she went back to her old phone. The iphone's been demoted to a glorified PDA/ipod.

Had a chance to try the iphone....it's pretty and fun, but not for me. My biggest gripe is that you can't text with only one hand, and you can't text by feeling the buttons. My friend who owns the iphone initially didn't mind the slower texting...but after a week, she went back to her old phone. The iphone's been demoted to a glorified PDA/ipod.

Actually the iPhone is meant for one hand/one thumb texting, but other people have adopted the much quicker two hands/two thumbs technique.

The iPhone is definitely not for you if you're into texting a lot. There's no way to disable the auto-complete/spell-check feature. Try to text in tagalog, and the software will automatically try to predict an english word with it think you're trying to type. It gets pretty annoying as you have to intervene each time it auto-completes a word.

Also, you can't send text messages to multiple recipients, and you can't forward messages either. No MSS.

Actually the iPhone is meant for one hand/one thumb texting, but other people have adopted the much quicker two hands/two thumbs technique.

The iPhone is definitely not for you if you're into texting a lot. There's no way to disable the auto-complete/spell-check feature. Try to text in tagalog, and the software will automatically try to predict an english word with it think you're trying to type. It gets pretty annoying as you have to intervene each time it auto-completes a word.

Also, you can't send text messages to multiple recipients, and you can't forward messages either. No MSS.

to add to that, if you go overseas and try to access any application using EDGE, you can't. also, there's an sms virus that disables your sms and you have to do a master reset - erasing all contents. apple has been pretty silent about this. its an iPod with a phone, that's what it is. fancy but i got tired of it after a week.

to add to that, if you go overseas and try to access any application using EDGE, you can't. also, there's an sms virus that disables your sms and you have to do a master reset - erasing all contents. apple has been pretty silent about this. its an iPod with a phone, that's what it is. fancy but i got tired of it after a week.

an Apple-made product susceptible to a virus? Unbelievable...

not sure if the apple product is susceptible to any virus, but they do have sms virus that is out that should only affect pc/palm phones. As for Apple being silent about it they did a public report already on it claiming its not a virus. http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/doh!/first-...rror-281022.php

i have 2 iPhones and both received an sms that showed only symbols. after i deleted it, i can no longer access sms. the other applications continue to work, though. the sim card that i used on these iPhones is the same sim card that i originally used for my palm treo 680 and, from time to time, with my SE P1i. No problems with the palm and SE. Mine is not an isolated case. Can't recall the website but similar complaints were received from India and Australia, if I am not mistaken. So if Apple says its not a virus, what the heck is it?

i have 2 iPhones and both received an sms that showed only symbols. after i deleted it, i can no longer access sms. the other applications continue to work, though. the sim card that i used on these iPhones is the same sim card that i originally used for my palm treo 680 and, from time to time, with my SE P1i. No problems with the palm and SE. Mine is not an isolated case. Can't recall the website but similar complaints were received from India and Australia, if I am not mistaken. So if Apple says its not a virus, what the heck is it?

found the website

http://www.pmptoday.com/2007/07/21/iphones-got-a-virus