Apple iPhone

Check the 4th and 5th digits of your phone's serial number. If it's 45 or greater , then you are sh*t out of luck. That phone is currently unhackable. If it's 44 or less however, you could still downgrade to 1.1.1 and start the jailbreak/unlock process from there.

Thanks for the info dude.

:cool:

Used iPhones (pre week 45) actually sell at least $100 more than new phones at Apple and AT&T stores in the States believe it or not! But yeah, RM 2,650 (PHP32,000, $700+) is overkill. I think unlocked iPhones in the Philippine market sell at just around PHP 28,000.

Now is actually NOT a good time to buy an iPhone. The second generation 3G iPhone is expected to be announced at next month's Macworld. Also, I heard rumors that a certain local carrier may soon start to offer the iPhone.

Used iPhones (pre week 45) actually sell at least $100 more than new phones at Apple and AT&T stores in the States believe it or not! But yeah, RM 2,650 (PHP32,000, $700+) is overkill. I think unlocked iPhones in the Philippine market sell at just around PHP 28,000.

Now is actually NOT a good time to buy an iPhone. The second generation 3G iPhone is expected to be announced at next month's Macworld. Also, I heard rumors that a certain local carrier may soon start to offer the iPhone.

Would you happen to know which local provider would come out with iPhones?

kung balak nyong bumili ng iphone and you plan to use it only for texting instead of calling. i suggest wag na lang kayo bumili. kung nasanay ka sa nokia maiinis ka sa texting pagka gamit mo iphone kaya ako panay tawag na lang ginagawa ko sa iphone ko. opinion ko lang ito with those hacked iphones that are coming out in manila hindi halos lahat ng features mapapakinabangan mo. para sa akin kasi sayang lang ang isang bagay kung hindi mo rin mapapakinabangan totally. ang iphone ko dito nagagamit ko halos lahat ng features. except sa stocks di naman kasi ako nagiinvest sa stocks dito.

any idea who that local carrier might be?

kung balak nyong bumili ng iphone and you plan to use it only for texting instead of calling. i suggest wag na lang kayo bumili. kung nasanay ka sa nokia maiinis ka sa texting pagka gamit mo iphone kaya ako panay tawag na lang ginagawa ko sa iphone ko. opinion ko lang ito with those hacked iphones that are coming out in manila hindi halos lahat ng features mapapakinabangan mo. para sa akin kasi sayang lang ang isang bagay kung hindi mo rin mapapakinabangan totally. ang iphone ko dito nagagamit ko halos lahat ng features. except sa stocks di naman kasi ako nagiinvest sa stocks dito.

good point. besides, mahirap din naman tlaga mag-text sa iphone especially if u got big fingers. :goatee:

anu anu ba mga feature na hindi magagamit dito sa pinas? i'm going to the US kasi next month, i was thinking kung bibili ako ng iphone then iuuwi ko dito.

anu anu ba mga feature na hindi magagamit dito sa pinas? i'm going to the US kasi next month, i was thinking kung bibili ako ng iphone then iuuwi ko dito.

There are two key features that you won't be able to use:

1.) Visual Voicemail - only AT&T and other Apple licensed carriers have the infrastructure to support this feature.

2.) Google Maps - No street data available for Manila and other Philippine cities!

Also, the batch of iPhones being sold in stores is currently unlockable. Only pre-week 45 phones could be unlocked, and they're hard to come by.

Hi !

Any news on How to unlock the iPhone v 1.1.2 with BOOT04.06_M3S2 yet??

Thanks

:mtc:

I'm not sure ha but I think I read somewhere na you have to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 or 1.0.1 before you can unlock it. Try using iBricker and iDemocracy. These 2 programs worked for me when I was working on my boss' iPhone. If I'm wrong about the firmware thingy I'm open to corrections hehe.. :goatee:

Thanks but i've tried doing what you said already and it did not work.

Anyway, i hope they come out with the solution for v1.1.2 ( BOOT04.06_M3S2 )

:unsure:

I'm not sure ha but I think I read somewhere na you have to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 or 1.0.1 before you can unlock it. Try using iBricker and iDemocracy. These 2 programs worked for me when I was working on my boss' iPhone. If I'm wrong about the firmware thingy I'm open to corrections hehe.. :goatee:

i phone sucks... lots of bugs .... very expensive... yup they are cute.... but u have to use leathercasing to protect it... so cuteness is now hidden... cant even compare it on a head to head challenge with n95... just go to apple.com.. got to support .. and read all the whinings of apple users.... iphones, ipod, ipod touch... what a a ripoff!

there are workarounds in unlocking your 1.1.2 otb iphones...

Software unlocking an OTB 1.1.2 is nigh impossible at the moment. There is however, Turbo SIM. But at $80, it kind of defeats the purpose of unlocking in order to save money.

i phone sucks... lots of bugs .... very expensive... yup they are cute.... but u have to use leathercasing to protect it... so cuteness is now hidden... cant even compare it on a head to head challenge with n95... just go to apple.com.. got to support .. and read all the whinings of apple users.... iphones, ipod, ipod touch... what a a ripoff!

And people from the N95 forums don't complain and whine? :) I used to be a devout Nokia user up until getting an iPhone. Trust me, no phone from Nokia - or Apple for that matter - is not without its glitches. And funny how you consider the iPhone expensive yet praise the N95, a phone which is easily $200 more expensive than the iPhone!

when is the iphone coming to the philippines? i hope when it does, it would be much better than the 1st-gen units.

can't wait to hear steve's announcement come jan. 15. :)

within the first half of next yr if I am not mistaken

howevery the drawback is it will be locked to a specific carrier