Apple iPhone

what's the latest on the IPhone?

heard that they may be releasing the 32GB 3G version by June... how true is this?

There are lots of rumors surrounding the next generation iPhone - which one is true, no one knows. What is more concrete though is when it may be announced or released. June is when the version 2.0 software will be released, and it's likely we'll see the next generation iPhone to be out right around the same time as well.

There are lots of rumors surrounding the next generation iPhone - which one is true, no one knows. What is more concrete though is when it may be announced or released. June is when the version 2.0 software will be released, and it's likely we'll see the next generation iPhone to be out right around the same time as well.

guess it would be pretty advisable to buy an IPhone by then?

I've been having to restrain myself from buying one now... as I am afraid that prices may drop by the time the new IPhone is launched

I suggest that you hold your purchase until the 3G version is launched in Asia officially :)

guess it would be pretty advisable to buy an IPhone by then?

I've been having to restrain myself from buying one now... as I am afraid that prices may drop by the time the new IPhone is launched

Just stumble upon this news...:)

Asia to Get iPhone Later This Year

SingTel and three of its telco associates have confirmed they will bring Apple's iPhone to Singapore, India, the Philippines, and Australia

by Victoria Ho (BusinessWeek)

SingTel in Singapore, India's Bharti Airtel, the Philippines' Globe Telecom and Australia's Optus said they will bring the popular device to their respective countries "later this year", although SingTel could not specify whether this would be in the third or fourth quarter of the year.

The Singapore-based telco could not comment on whether the device would be 3G-enabled and if each region would get it at the same time.

ZDNet Asia previously reported sources speculating that SingTel would eventually win distribution rights for the iPhone.

However, CNet Asia carried a report today quoting rival Singapore telco, StarHub, saying all three operators in the country are expected to offer the device eventually, which means SingTel may not have won exclusivity.

A recent shortage of iPhones in the United States has also prompted some to speculate that the 3G version of the device would be making its debut soon--possibly the model which would arrive in Asia, too, although Apple and SingTel have declined to comment on this area.

As of today, no word yet from Globe if they will offer the 3G version since that will also hinge on Singtel's move (Globe's shareholder)

And of course...we are still waiting Apple's official statement on this :D

IMO , if Apple releases the 3G iPhone before September 08, its safe to say Globe will offer it to subscribers

Will globe give us the 3g version?
ouch... i feel your pain.. mas kawawa mga retailers ng unlocked iphone... mahirap na siguro mabenta mga yun....

so glad that globe got the contract over smart though...

I would've preferred smart... unlike Globe they offer the phones to you

sa Globe utang ng loob mo pa if they choose to give you the IPhone

hehe..thats why i advised you to wait..... my friends at Globe leaked to me that the iPhone will be offered to their subscribers under G-Plans :D

hahaha ok lang naman... not planning on using it sa globe ko naman

would've just wanted the kick of pressuring my A.E. to give me a phone or I cut off the whole corporate account hahaha

I would've preferred smart... unlike Globe they offer the phones to you

sa Globe utang ng loob mo pa if they choose to give you the IPhone

i've had bad experiences with smart kasi... i guess they treat their corporate accounts better than their subscribers.

anyway, does anyone have any info on what plans they're gonna offer the iphone with?

Edited by chancepassenger30
As of today, no word yet from Globe if they will offer the 3G version since that will also hinge on Singtel's move (Globe's shareholder)

And of course...we are still waiting Apple's official statement on this :D

IMO , if Apple releases the 3G iPhone before September 08, its safe to say Globe will offer it to subscribers

I hope we will not be the dumping ground for expensive obsolete 1st gen iphone.

I hope not...if Globe does carry the 2nd Gen iPod...i guess there will be a drastic price cut in the 1st Gen iphone..much more than the cut Apple made in the US....

Unless iPhone OS 2.0 is released to prevent such "depreciation"

I hope we will not be the dumping ground for expensive obsolete 1st gen iphone.
Edited by orionpax
I hope not...if Globe does carry the 2ng Gen iPod...i guess there will be a drastic price cut in the 1st Gen iphone..much more than the cut Apple made in the US....

Unless iPhone OS 2.0 is released to prevent such "depreciation"

I think it's almost certain that the Philippines will have the 3G version. It's not Apple's tradition to keep on with the predecessor long after the succeeding version has already been released. In fact, Apple is no longer replenishing stocks of the current gen. iPhone - a very good indicator that the next generation iPhone is just around the corner.

I guess so...but i expect Globe to bundle the 3G iPhone in high end plans (Platinum?) ....

I think it's almost certain that the Philippines will have the 3G version. It's not Apple's tradition to keep on with the predecessor long after the succeeding version has already been released. In fact, Apple is no longer replenishing stocks of the current gen. iPhone - a very good indicator that the next generation iPhone is just around the corner.
I guess so...but i expect Globe to bundle the 3G iPhone in high end plans (Platinum?) ....

definitely!

anyhow... this may sound stupid and all... but how do I transfer my MP3's into my IPhone?

I am currently very wary of what I click with ITunes as I am afraid I may lock my phone

I am currently using ITunes version 7.6 I think...

Bro, i havent tried yet in transferring MP3's into my bro's iPhone which could result in the locking of his phone, unlike in my iPod Nano..i have no fears of device locks

You may ask fry for his advice :)

definitely!

anyhow... this may sound stupid and all... but how do I transfer my MP3's into my IPhone?

I am currently very wary of what I click with ITunes as I am afraid I may lock my phone

I am currently using ITunes version 7.6 I think...

Bro, i havent tried yet in transferring MP3's into my bro's iPhone which could result in the locking of his phone, unlike in my iPod Nano..i have no fears of device locks

actually that's my fear as well... reason why I don't tinker with my Iphone too much

but I really need to place some MP3s on my Iphone... tsk tsk! I'll be using it for my presentation...

Im using G-Flex 2500 and Im on Edge 3G. With the new 5 pesos for 15 mins using TIME at 1111, and using Fring, im online 24.7 on Skype, msn and ym. Not bad, I wouldnt want to wait if they had it on globe, since after 2 years, they would give me a free phone so it should be a new iPhone again.

Btw, ang katapat ko here would be my other baby, the HTC tytan 2. Its better but not that easy to use unlike the iPhone.

Transferring music to your iPhone does not re-lock it! The only way for your jailbreak and unlock to stop functioning is if you restore and/or upgrade its firmware. So go ahead. Sync up, and enjoy your music in your iPhone!

Edited by fry