Traffic Problem In Metro Manila (Merged Thread)

It's election time so naturally we will destroy roads so we can build them again. That way doble bayad. Remember the reblocking of EDSA because it is old? C5 is new but it is also being reblocked - but only in QC and Pasig areas. If the ones who originally worked on C5 did work that was not according ton standard, where are the DPWH filed cases against these people? Kung pede lang mag suggest, there is C6 to build. Makakatulong pa

Pati pala Taguig - on the Southbound/westbound service road of C5. But in this case, it does not cause traffic because hardly anyone passes there plus mas maganda ang magiging parking ng squaters. O, di ba?

Yes that is what i mean, within city limits where traffic is @ worst. Considering rain, checkpoints, motorcycle ordinances, thefts, accidents compared to 4-wheel vehicles, how ..?

Cguro if short distance lang pwede. Pero pag malayo and knowing how horrific our drivers here in Manila kinda risky.

I am from the East area (Taytay, Rizal) I work at Eastwood. Before my travel time is just 40 mins to 1 hour max. Now, there are times that my travel time would reach 2 frickin hours. Why??? because of roads that are being fixed even though they are not broken. I feel that it is such a waste of time and money. The government could have spent their efforts in fixing roads in floodway or in C6 where you experience a very literal definition of a bumpy ride. When doing road repairs DPWH or whoever handles it should coordinate with each town to avoid separate projects every 5Kms. I may be complaining already but the reality is "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!!!"

The main solution here is to develop near cities / provinces and put all the new companies and industries there to boost local

economy/income.

This is the main reason why all kinds of people around the country want to put their asses here in manila, they see opportunity here.

In return traffic, jampacked of people in streets, loss of land spaces.

Just my 2 cents imho. :) Peace

Edited by soulkeeper32

The main solution here is to develop near cities / provinces and put all the new companies and industries there to boost local

economy/income.

This is the main reason why all kinds of people around the country want to put their asses here in manila, they see opportunity here.

In return traffic, jampacked of people in streets, loss of land spaces.

Just my 2 cents imho. :) Peace

What if it were the government that moved instead. The problem with government is that it always wants to encourage others except itself. A clear example of this mentality is the CNG bus. Government wanted to push the CNG bus to the private sector but since then it has bought a lot of buses, and they were not CNG.

The idea of moving government out of Manila is not new - hence Quezon City (although may KKK story din pala si Quezon as early as then). With government out of Manila, we would have a lot of employees who would reduce the traffic problem. As far away from Manila sana so that government would have no choice but to simplify its process and reduce the requirement for documents from one agency in say Manila to be submitted to another agency in say Quezon City - thereby adding to the traffic.

And maybe if government were far from Manila, it would be forced to have a mass transit system from its place to Manila.

Nah! Dream on. This idea would mean that the people who are in the position to initiate this, would have to leave their subdivision or condo; their children would have to transfer schools; and they would not have a night life which means that they would have no choice but to think of ways to better govern. I doubt if this would happen. So encourage the private sector to move instead. That way, sila ang mag hirap to move out of their subdivision, etc. Traffic? Blame it on Gloria

There are road repairs @ Brookside narrowing the the lanes

Come on folks it will be a national election next year. Projects are left and right to showcase voters politician's accomplishments

I am from the East area (Taytay, Rizal) I work at Eastwood. Before my travel time is just 40 mins to 1 hour max. Now, there are times that my travel time would reach 2 frickin hours. Why??? because of roads that are being fixed even though they are not broken. I feel that it is such a waste of time and money. The government could have spent their efforts in fixing roads in floodway or in C6 where you experience a very literal definition of a bumpy ride. When doing road repairs DPWH or whoever handles it should coordinate with each town to avoid separate projects every 5Kms. I may be complaining already but the reality is "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!!!"

Yes. I don't understand why we keep on destroying good roads just to build them up again - and creating traffic in the process. If it is for the money, can we not achieve the same objective by working on roads that really need repair? And please, huwag naman yung repair or road widening just to have a better parking space. I don't know if DPWH would agree to this: Government procurement is soooo slow. Work orders that are being done now, started months ago. So why not publish planned work orders so that citizens out there can take pictures to show whether or not the road needs repair?

Wala tayo coordination ng mga agencies dito sa Pinas

1. DPWH cracks the road open for months then finishes it after 2 years

2. In a matter of weeks, Maynilad cracks it open again to upgrade/repair the water pipes below it, fixes it back again

3. In a matter of weeks again, PLDT excavates it again to rehabilitate their underground cables and install new manholes.

4. DPWH opens it again as election time is around the corner and to use some remaining budget for road repairs and rehab

in the middle of all the works

5. MMDA asks the agencies to STOP working to ease traffic

Yes. I don't understand why we keep on destroying good roads just to build them up again - and creating traffic in the process. If it is for the money, can we not achieve the same objective by working on roads that really need repair? And please, huwag naman yung repair or road widening just to have a better parking space. I don't know if DPWH would agree to this: Government procurement is soooo slow. Work orders that are being done now, started months ago. So why not publish planned work orders so that citizens out there can take pictures to show whether or not the road needs repair?

Edited by lomex32

Are there members here who have vehicles and opted to have a motorcycle so at least to slither to traffic jams?

Will it really be worth the switch?

Nag try ako mag motor papuntang workplace nung December kasi sukang suka na ko sa traffic nun.

1 day ko lang ginawa because:

1. Grabe ang init di lang sa araw, yung usok ng mga sasakyan (lalo na buses) at init ng makina pag katabi mo.

2. Profuse sweating, refer to number 1.

3. Buses and trucks no regard for human life.

4. Pagdating mo sa work, malagkit ka na. Mapapashower ka talaga agad, refer to number 2.

5. Hindi din mabilis ang byahe lalo na pag rush hour kase kahit single ka, stop and go pa din.

My conclusion:

Ok ang motor within your city, going in and out of your subdivision. Puntang palengke, puntang supermarket, puntang gym what have you.

Or dun lang sa malapit sa city nyo kung may shortcuts. And going out of the metro, puntang Tagaytay esp, or Cavite or Laguna dun sa malayo sa residential area na maluwag ang kalsada (sulit yung motor dito).

Kung papipiliin ako magko commute na lang ako kesa magmotor within the metro.

To simply put it.

Buwis buhay at buwis hygiene ako kung gagawin kong motor mode of transpo pagpunta sa work and going home.

But still to each his own. :) Whatever works for you. Ingat lang. :)

Yes what a friggin waste of taxpayers' money. Which is why it totally dislike BIR Commissioner Kim Henares who cracks the whip in her effort to increase tax collections. She knows very well that the taxes collected are wasted on stupid/useless projects that are politically motivated or outright stolen and yet she remains steadfast in her effort to collect taxes. She has no conscience whatsoever. Now if there was very little corruption in this country and taxpayers' money is used wisely instead of being wasted, I would be 100% behind her efforts to boost tax collections.

She knows what it's like in this country and yet she keeps thinking of new and innovative ways to collect taxes, plugging loopholes. All for what? So that the likes of Enrile, Estrada, Revilla, and other corrupt government officials can line their pockets?

She doesn't know what it means to give taxpayers' a break. As far as I'm concerned, a war exists between the people and the government. Specifically a war between business and government. I would characterize the relationship between business and government as adversarial.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Nag try ako mag motor papuntang workplace nung December kasi sukang suka na ko sa traffic nun.

1 day ko lang ginawa because:

1. Grabe ang init di lang sa araw, yung usok ng mga sasakyan (lalo na buses) at init ng makina pag katabi mo.

2. Profuse sweating, refer to number 1.

3. Buses and trucks no regard for human life.

4. Pagdating mo sa work, malagkit ka na. Mapapashower ka talaga agad, refer to number 2.

5. Hindi din mabilis ang byahe lalo na pag rush hour kase kahit single ka, stop and go pa din.

My conclusion:

Ok ang motor within your city, going in and out of your subdivision. Puntang palengke, puntang supermarket, puntang gym what have you.

Or dun lang sa malapit sa city nyo kung may shortcuts. And going out of the metro, puntang Tagaytay esp, or Cavite or Laguna dun sa malayo sa residential area na maluwag ang kalsada (sulit yung motor dito).

Kung papipiliin ako magko commute na lang ako kesa magmotor within the metro.

To simply put it.

Buwis buhay at buwis hygiene ako kung gagawin kong motor mode of transpo pagpunta sa work and going home.

But still to each his own. :) Whatever works for you. Ingat lang. :)

I think if I may make an opinion, one primary cause of traffic here in Metro Manila, is that all Business and Organizations are centered here. If only the Government to enrich other provinces like Cebu, Davao, Batangas, Albay, Angeles, Olongapo and other po Cities with potential to balance the massive amount of people who want to live and work here. If that happens, gagaan ang traffic sa Metro Manila.

• Like (+1) 1

I think if I may make an opinion, one primary cause of traffic here in Metro Manila, is that all Business and Organizations are centered here. If only the Government to enrich other provinces like Cebu, Davao, Batangas, Albay, Angeles, Olongapo and other po Cities with potential to balance the massive amount of people who want to live and work here. If that happens, gagaan ang traffic sa Metro Manila.

I couldn’t agree more. And they (government) said that the traffic in Metro Manila is an indication of booming economy? That’s BS. It will cost the country instead billion of dollars in lost productivity every year.

Mr. Aquino has repeatedly acknowledged the need to invest in infrastructure, noting in recent speeches that the government had increased spending in this area to 400 billion pesos this year, or about $9.1 billion, from 200 billion pesos in 2011. More here.

Of course this is part of his pa-pogi points which ironically every Filipino resident of PH does not seem to feel any progress as far as micro-economic concept is concerned.

madami lang talagang sasakyan sa kalsada, sa sobrang dami yung iba bumibili kahit hindi naman kailangan tapos i papark lang sa kalsada at magiging parking lot na ang daan. yung mga taong hindi marunong magmalasakit sa kapwa na kala mo ang kalsada sa harap ng bahay nila ay sila na ang may ari. kaya pati mga local road matrapik.

• Like (+1) 1

Wala tayo coordination ng mga agencies dito sa Pinas

1. DPWH cracks the road open for months then finishes it after 2 years

2. In a matter of weeks, Maynilad cracks it open again to upgrade/repair the water pipes below it, fixes it back again

3. In a matter of weeks again, PLDT excavates it again to rehabilitate their underground cables and install new manholes.

4. DPWH opens it again as election time is around the corner and to use some remaining budget for road repairs and rehab

in the middle of all the works

5. MMDA asks the agencies to STOP working to ease traffic

And this sickening chain of events continues on and on, day in and day out, year in and year out, ad nauseam....

And they (government) said that the traffic in Metro Manila is an indication of booming economy? That’s BS. It will cost the country instead billion of dollars in lost productivity every year.

BS indeed. The worsening traffic is not an indication of a booming economy. It's an indication that the government is at a loss of what to do to ease traffic jams. It comes up with hair brained schemes such as the coding of vehicles which only encouraged people to buy more cars than they need in order to get around the coding rules. So now, people buy more cars without a place to park these additional cars. They end up parking on the roads which further aggravates the traffic problem.

• Like (+1) 1