Utah Jazz

FF

how does it look for the jazz this coming season ? listen in to mike yam and tim legler . http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4541733

boozer remains the biggest question mark as the jazz rely heavily on d-will and boozer to power the jazz . denver remains the favorite to win he northwest. my fearless forecast shows the jazz again barely making the playoffs with a quick first round exit . 2010 looks more promising with boozer off the booka and the jazz with new york's pick in the draft. ( and we hope and PRAY hope it's a high one ).

I think the line up of Utah Jazz is pretty strong

fact is no significant additions were made to the jazz lineup . so they need IMPROVED play from their starters and bench . though strong with their home play ( 33-8) the jazz have to improve their road record ( 15-26 ). boozer should be on best behavior ( after his boorish display of greed ) while dwill has to be more assertive on offense. poor outside shooting ( which the lakers serioes so blatantly revealed needs a significant upgrade. koufos and fesenko will be getting backup minutes with jarron collins gone to portland so there might be a bit of a change there. at shooting guard ... brewer has to develop a 15-18 footer to keep defenses from sagging off while cj miles still has to show himself worthy of the contract he signed last season.

honestly a lot of IFs for the jazz. as mentioned ... my gut feel is that my jazz make the plyoffs and get bounced out of the first round. too many improved teams in the west prevents them from making a deep playoff run.

naku mawawalan pa ng shooter ang team n ito w korver going knee surgery..... bka si brewer ang pumalit sa pwesto nya sa opening game.....

bad news talaga bro ! without korver , teams will again sag off the jazz , BEGGING them to shoot from the outside. dang dang dang. sabagay .. he'll be out just a few weeks. but still....

i have nightmarish images of kirilenko , price and brewer clanging off one shot after another. though eric maynor looks like he has some three point potential.

jazz win vs clips ! and millsap showed that spunk and grit even with the big contract under his belt. btw ... knicks are now at 0-3 ! we'll be cheering on every knick loss as the jazz have the knicks pick this year ! hope we get lucky !

another road loss to the mavs ! at 1-3 , the jazz are looking pretty ornery on defense at this point ... giving up 108 ppg to their opponents over the past games. i thought the jazz would claim a rare road win against dallas but whaddayaknow ... they let a 15 pt lead slip as nowitzki caught fire. :thumbsdownsmiley:

jazz lose steam in 4th qtr but hang on to beat the knicks ...if they play like this against one of the league's worst teams i shudder to think how they'll play against the celts, phils and cavs on this four game road trip ...

the utah front office should realize that the team needs outside shooters that can space the floor for the jazz. with korver out ... the opposition simply zones up and clogs the middle and the jazz offense disappears !

on defense ...paunchy is the word. opponents sink 46 % of their two and three pointers against the jazz . too many layups and open threes . :thumbsdownsmiley:

also frustrating is the jazz tendency to lose leads ( 15 point lead vs dallas / 11 pt lead vs. the kings ) and lose games. dang !

just hope the knicks keep on losing so we can get a high lottery pick next year ...

Edited by FF
  • 4 weeks later...