Are You From The 80s?

Robots, Androids & Cyborgs

Roboz - Small mute robot on the private detective series RIPTIDE/NBC/1984-86. Roboz is a mobile orange computer with a face like an ant. Invented by computer genius Murray "Boz" Bozinsky (Thom Bray), an ex-army buddy of two private detectives Cody Allen (Perry King) and Nick Ryder (Joe Penny) Roboz obtains information via a network of data banks accessible to it circuits. The information is displayed on a TV monitor built into its chest. Using its sensitive radar system, Roboz often warned his friends of approaching dangers. Not fully perfected, Roboz was often klutzy, falling down stairs or overboard the Riptide cabin cruiser moored at Pier 56, Kings Harbor, the headquarters of the two private investigators.

Do you remember the TV series RIPtide? hehe okay di yun ano?

How can I ever forget the EDSA REVOLUTION!!!

It was the period the Pilipinos found their courage to say: "Enough is enough"

Can still remember the chant: HUWAG MATAKOT, MAKIBAKA!!!

The University of the East (UE) was almost became Maharishi College (with transcendental meditation subject) with Jagad Guru as the college president.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I wasn't from the 80's (was born 1979), I loved that era. Main exposure was due to aunts who were teenagers and early 20's that time. We all lived in a big house and I would hear them playing Madonna, A-HA, Menudo, Heart, Blondie, etc. I remember loving those songs. I still do. They tagged me along when Cindy Lauper had a concert here. I also remember watching the Menudo concert with 3 shrieking & giddy aunts. :D

:cool:

Gimmick places during that time: Tia Maria's near IS, D Marks was still in Makati Ave. Peps Pasay road, Bobby Magees, Rumours, Mars, Stargazer. You guys remember blah blah shoes?!!! Sperry topsiders, Sebago loafers, espadrilles and polo long backs!!! New Wave was the music then!! What memories of the 80's!

• 3 weeks later...
anyone of you guys remember Fraggle Rock, pagkatapos ata ng Saturday Fun Machine to. Saka si John Blackstarr saka si Overlord, yung may sword na nahati sa dalawa, that was my fave cartoon back in the dayz

Yeah < Iremember Fraggle rock, I like the small construction guys (The Doozers) who like to build structures that the fraggles eat.

The Doozers are about six inches tall, or knee-high to a Fraggle. They live and work - mostly work - inside Fraggle Rock. They build and build and build magnificent bridges, towers, monuments, roads and anything else they can dream of. They use vegetable protein sticks, processed by mining turnips and radishes in the Gorgs' Garden, as their building material. If you stopped long enough to realize it, you might say, "You know, those Doozers do the things they do because of the dreams they dream."

Even though the Fraggles don't pay much attention to the Doozers, they do have a keen interest in their architecture - it tastes delicious! Fortunately, the doozers don't mind that the Fraggles eat their constructions. In fact, they appreciate it because it gives them the space in which to build better ones.

anyone of you guys remember Fraggle Rock, pagkatapos ata ng Saturday Fun Machine to. Saka si John Blackstarr saka si Overlord, yung may sword na nahati sa dalawa, that was my fave cartoon back in the dayz

Yeah < Iremember Fraggle rock, I like the small construction guys (The Doozers) who like to build structures that the fraggles eat.

The Doozers are about six inches tall, or knee-high to a Fraggle. They live and work - mostly work - inside Fraggle Rock. They build and build and build magnificent bridges, towers, monuments, roads and anything else they can dream of. They use vegetable protein sticks, processed by mining turnips and radishes in the Gorgs' Garden, as their building material. If you stopped long enough to realize it, you might say, "You know, those Doozers do the things they do because of the dreams they dream."

Even though the Fraggles don't pay much attention to the Doozers, they do have a keen interest in their architecture - it tastes delicious! Fortunately, the doozers don't mind that the Fraggles eat their constructions. In fact, they appreciate it because it gives them the space in which to build better ones.

yup, there was an episode where a fraggle successfully passed a law forbidding the eating of doozer constructs. the balance of their environment was broken, as the doozers were leaving the place as there were no more space to build. balance was only restored when the eating started again.

john blackstar was a product of the same animated co that produced tarzan and he-man. d sorceress has d hots for john pero siempere, deny to death. I rather like clone, a morpher, though....