Are You From The 80s?

• 2 weeks later...
it also launched the career of willy cruz who penned the song 'never ever say goodbye'

the song also underscored the importance and marketability of 'english opms'

ric segreto and ray-an fuentes scored hits after this song first hit

i prefer never say goodbye of bon jovi, its much more of a 'real' song.

I remember the song AGAINST ALL ODDS by phil collins, I was in my room in a boarding house at angeles city, pampanga....first day of school at the AUF college of medicine . I was terribly homesick, missed my gf that day. I was very anxious on my first day at AUF.....eventually I've overcame it, met a pretty meztisa inside the canteen (anak ng kano taga clark airbase), found new friends. Madonna's BORDERLINE was a hit song during our acquaintance party and we have danced to the tune of it. other 80s tune during our party was Spandau Ballet's GOLD, Annie Lennox's SWEET DREAMS, Laura Brannigan's SELF-CONTROL. I've met this pretty classmate of mine (now an OB-Gyne) and we sweet-danced to the tune of Madonna's CRAZY FOR YOU. I got a student nurse for a gf during the last year (4th) of my medical course. It was a fun, grueling, rigorous, competitive 4 years well spent at angeles city for me during the 80s.

What I remembered about the movie Against All Odds were the road race between the Ferrari of James Woods against the Porsche roadster of Jeff Bridges and the Coconut girls with hairy armpits. :cool:

I also dated one of the Penthouse Gang girls in the 80s. Wala lang. :)

• 1 month later...

80s songs memorable to me

Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar, I remember the MTV video in Betamax format.

Mad About You - Belinda Carisle

Borderline - Madonna, a memorable song at our aquaintance party at the AUF college of medicine, first year.

All Against All Odds - Phil Collins, I was enrolled at AUF college of medicine, Angeles City Pampanga and I was terribly homesick.

Self-Control - Laura Brannigan,

Crazy For You - Madonna, I remember a date with an ex gf of mine

80s songs memorable to me

Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar, I remember the MTV video in Betamax format.

Mad About You - Belinda Carisle

Borderline - Madonna, a memorable song at our aquaintance party at the AUF college of medicine, first year.

All Against All Odds - Phil Collins, I was enrolled at AUF college of medicine, Angeles City Pampanga and I was terribly homesick.

Self-Control - Laura Brannigan,

Crazy For You - Madonna, I remember a date with an ex gf of mine

pareng anaheim, andito ka rin pala. am currently listening to some 80s music now - the warrior by scandal and patty smythe

pareng anaheim, andito ka rin pala. am currently listening to some 80s music now - the warrior by scandal and patty smythe

pareng sally, ok din mga music ng 80s.

december 1988, shown at channel 2 - mini tv series yung "A Dangerous Life" about the marcos overthrow and the ascend of cory aquino to the philippine presidency. ruben rustia played the role of macoy, tessie tomas as imelda....lang hiya, tessie tomas played imelda marcos in her comedy routines but this time she gets to play imelda seriously. laurice guillen played cory aquino with a prosthetic nose para mag mukhang cory. the late rolando tinio played an emaciated cardinal jaime sin :lol:

"A dangerous life" was an australian production. gary bussey (buddy holly story) played a journalist covering the marcos-aquino story at the same time got entangled with dina bonevie's character.

i remember student canteen as eddie, bobby, helen vela and coney

that 'dangerous life' was called 'dangerous lies' by enrile and that probably prevented the movie from being shot here, the edsa scenes were shot in sri lanka (i think) and mukhang bumbay tuloy ang mga noy-pi :)

ang oks sa 80s are d action flicks nina gov swatsengeger and brus willis,

sunod sunod mga flicks nila at pro blockbuster :)

I remember in the mid 80's and in high school, i was playing the piano intro of "Enveloped ideas" by The Dawn everytime we have parties at my friend's house. Did that to impress chicks.... :lol:

*howlers *howlers *howlers

Hmmm another piano riff that was hot during those times was the intro of "Take on Me" by A-ha

1) white "baston" pants(w/ zipper) plus long back polo shirts.

2) espadrille shoes,sebago squareback shoes, topsider(w/ argylle or diamond socks), haruta leather shoes, "blah-blah" shoes. checkered "vans" shoes

3) spandau ballet v.s. duran duran?, new wave era,punk and other alernative.

4) disco era...rumours , faces and mars..etc., break dancing, and house parties

5) xb 102 radio station

6) eyeliner and temporary hair colour for new wave guys,

7) bmx

8) atari, nintendo's game and watch

9) somekind of wonderful movie, pretty in pink,better off dead(john cusack)

10) robby da rosa of "menudo" (lol)& 12 year old ricky martin

11) transformers cartoons

12) betamax

13) ninoy aquino yellow shirts and pins w/ "hindi ka nag iisa" slogan

14) vynil records...45 and 33 rpm's

15) rubix cube

16) archie comic books,marvel,and dc's

17) extra terrestrial(E.T.) the movie (check out drew barrymore there),and e.t. merchandize

18) hmmmmm,what else?

The most memorable event of the 80s was The People Power or EDSA Revolution. I was so stupidly brave passing by Camps Crame and Aguinaldo, EDSA on that first night. It was so eerilie very quiet, no traffic, no civilians or uzis, only barricades.

I was there on the first night. There were less than 50 of us civilians at the gates.

1. A DAngerous Life (1988) about Marcos overthrow. (ruben rustia, laurice guillen)

2. Year of Living Dangerously (1982) about Indonesia's Sukarno overthrow (Mel Gison, Bembol Roco, Kuh Ledesma)

I remember the tv mini series film shooting of "A Dangerous Life" at EDZA area (not the actual area that now stands the edza shrine) in makati ...yung way papuntang Rockwell. The production crew shot a scene at mendiola for that mini tv series...na front page pa sa Daily Express newspaper.

I was able to witness the film shooting of "The Year of Living Dangerously" at Robinsons parking area in Ermita. circa 1981. kasama ni mel gibson si bembol roco at kuh ledesma.

Edited by Anaheim

naalala ko pa yung spike style sa buhok. Pataasan ng tulis yun, pati bangs :lol:

yung mga de kolores na damit..gosh..patung patong pa. :D

at yung mga breakdance showdown sa kalye, grabedad, kahit malalim na ang gabi kada kanto my showdown!! :lol:

new wave music..hay..kamiss yung noon.