Are You From The 80s?

eto pa. :lol:

-allowance mo noon ay 10.00 lang at katumbas non ay 2 coke at 2 chippy.

-piso lang pamasahe nun sa tricycle at jeep

-hindi uso ang PC nun (although meron), Apple, at finiflip ang 5 1/4 diskettes nun at a certain point ng software dahil single density lang sya

-uso ang mataya-taya sa school grounds tuwing recess

-matuto kang gumamit ng DOS kung gusto mo gumamit ng computer

-uso ang kulay dilaw

-inaabangan mo tuwing sabado at 8am ang mga cartoons sa Channel 9

-bilib na bilib ka sa Superfriends

-may costume ka ng Superfriends

-parang war zone ang 'Pinas pag New Year literally

-pinapanood ng katulong nyo ay Student Canteen at Eat Bulaga

-uso ang mga XXX na movie format at at least may semblance ng kwento :boo:

hay talagang matanda na ata ako :(

Natapos ang dekada 80 sa coup ni Gringo.

yup, i remember this very clearly. nov 30, 1989, bonifacio day ata. i was on graveyard shift when i got a call from someone saying there was a coup. i turned on channel 4 in time to catch then defense secretary renato de villa speaking at an early morning presscon carried live by channel 4, saying the attempt to take over the radar facilities in tagaytay had been foiled. as he was speaking, there was a news flash that read "rebel soldiers have taken over fort bonifacio..." soon after, all the phones were ringing off the hook...all our provincial stations wanted updates...our station manager suddenly appeared and demanded that all reporters be present to attend a meeting in 20 minutes...it was a very loooong day...none of us slept...got out and boarded our vehicle and was on the way to fort b when i saw soldiers at magallanes on the way to makati and aguinaldo...by daybreak, santolan road was a battle zone...one soldier actually shot his brother who was with ram...saw civilians fleeing from their homes in white plains...soon after a looter climbed the gate of one house...he was seen by a neighbor and beaten up... then i heard usaf planes buzzing the rebels in aguinaldo...a wall suddenly gave way and a tank emerged...we all ran for cover as bullets whizzed by...makati was totally desserted...saw a dead singaporean woman in front of aim...saw also a human hand on ayala in front of rustans severed at the wrist...still have a tape of gringo in an interview he gave in katipunan on the last day...never aired it

We lived in one of the Makati condos during that time. I even saw the government soldiers (about 50) camped at the side of our building to spend the night. I didn't tell it to my wife who was pregnant then. The following day, at the break of dawn, we left the condo and stayed with her family in Parañaque for the duration of the siege in Makati.

among the cast that i can remember on that fateful week, on the last month of 1989, the end of the 80s...rex robles, danny lim, abe puruganan, red kapunan, rock tor, a gen blanco, a col abenina, a commodore calajate, rudy aguinaldo, a col gojo...

If not for the F-4 USAF Phantoms' intervention....the PAF Zero Fighters (Tora Tora) could have torched Malacanang Palace to smithereens :lol: :lol:

Guest mahinhin_dutin_ako
nyahahahaha bro, t'was nice. i remember most of it very well except lang sa 2, 7, 16, 27, 29, 36, 38, 40. (di ko yata alam yun ah - hehehehehe). pero the rest, naka relate ako ng todo doon ah. anyway, we should also include these:

- ang laruan mo trak-trakan na gawa sa rosebowl ang katawan at darigold na maliit ang gulong

- scooter na bearing na maingay ang mga gulong at de sinkong pako para sa preno

- mayroon din sumpak, boca-boca at borador

- spartan ang usong tsinelas noon

- tumbang preso at touching rubber or moro-moro ang favorite kong laro noon

- walang halls noon kundi vicks candy pa

- royal ang pinaiinom sa iyo ng mama mo pag may sakit ka at saka may kasamang skyflakes.

marami pa bro, share naman yung iba dyan. c",)

ohh the 80's :lol: :lol: :lol: ..wish u cud turn back time :D :P :rolleyes:

the 80's were the bomb!

i remember watching my titas (who were teenagers then) getting dressed for school... i was so fascinated with their double low-slung studded belts... their blouse dresses... their hair sprayed sky high and ponytailed at an angle... the socks with the heels...

and the music!!

don't even get me started...

funny that there seems to be a revival of some sort. that it's cool to be retro and sport 80's fashion again... and listen to the music.

it should be obvious that i'm enjoying this particular trend myself. :)

the 80's were the bomb!

i remember watching my titas (who were teenagers then) getting dressed for school... i was so fascinated with their double low-slung studded belts... their blouse dresses... their hair sprayed sky high and ponytailed at an angle... the socks with the heels...

and the music!!

don't even get me started...

funny that there seems to be a revival of some sort. that it's cool to be retro and sport 80's fashion again... and listen to the music.

it should be obvious that i'm enjoying this particular trend myself. :)

Hehe,

I can picture them out already. :)

Sport Shoes....

Late 80's the Nike Air was born...Air Max, Air Assault, Air Trainer, Air Revolution, Air Runner.....the first Air Jordan was born 1986-87...(though technically it does not have an Air Sole unit..its just the same as the Big Nike series just coloured ala Bulls with the Air Jordan Insignia :lol:)...the Air Force series came with an Air Sole...endorsed by Charles Barkley

Reebok...these shoes made an impact during the 80's... :lol: the so called "labas dila" fashion statement was emphasized by their padded tongues in the Basketball & Gym shoe lines...Their Running shoes were great get ups with shorts....

Converse...(now owned by Nike) the Cons & the Weapon era..endorsed by Magic, Larry & Dr. J..the Chuck Taylor competes with Vans...(for the board , BMX and casual footwear)

New Balance, LA Gear, K Swiss, Vans, Tretorn, Brooks, Avia.....these shoe brands competed with the giants.....

The Adidas model that were famous during the 80's were the Stan Smith model, Superstar & Pro model (endorsed by some PBA players)

for cost conscious.....Robertsons, Dragonfly, RP made Chuck Taylor, Kaypee/Grosby, World Balance

Edited by orionpax
  • 3 months later...