Are You From The 80s?

am i from the 80\'S?..nope im from san juan...hehehehe kiddin...

student canteen,bazooka joe bubblegum, texas bubble gum, afternoon disco,sm city parking lot concerts,shambu,top 40 shirts,greenhills,fun house,tia maria,halfway inn, boys town,nayon pilipino, lido beach,puerto azul,chaser,bla bla,haruta,penny loafers,swatch, le tigre,drakkar, chaps, lechon manok, tears for fears,duran duran, alimall

It's really funny when you reminisce :D

Man!!! I'm really old. I remembered everything that's written here. I've seen it, I've heard it, I've been there, I heard about it, I"ve felt it, I've smelled it and yes, I've done it during that era :lol:

All parties end with this song ...

I can't deny we had some good time, we were like a bike built for two ... another girl's arousing my .... wooo curiousity B)

Damn!!! I miss that song :P

I remember (vaguely):

EDSA

The huge earthquake that made Baguio a huge wreck

TODAS

Iskul Bukul

John and Marsha

Sperry Top siders

Espadrille

Used Jeans - evolving into 501s towards the late 80s/early 90s

GIORDANO - evolving into Lacoste towards the late 80s/early 90s

New Wave

Debbie Gibson

Cindy Lauper

Guns and Roses

Just heard "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen on the radio! My other party favorites from the 80s include "Out of Touch" by Hall & Oates, "When the Doves Cry" by Prince and "Eyes Without a Face" by Billy Idol. That was the time when buhay pa yung Eagles Nest sa Antipolo at Breakwater sa likod ng CCP. We used to pick-up girls at Halfway House in Greenhills. Sober up after parties sa Good Ah or Burger Machine!

Towards the late eighties, I was into Rick Astley, Swing Out Sisters and Basia among others. Favorite dating spots included Memories, Rumors, Angelino's, Jazz Rhythms, Cafe Ysabel and The Bar at Manila Pen. Other cafes and bars were beginning to come out along the Adriatico Circle in Ermita. Megamall and the Ortigas flyover were just in the early stages of construction.

I remember (vaguely):

EDSA

The huge earthquake that made Baguio a huge wreck

bos torrid medyo vague na nga, earthquake was, i believe, in 1990

hey, what's one year for a guy that remembers cindi lauper?

band aid and we are the world - usa for africa (the woodstock of d 80's)

simultanaeous (kurek spilling ba?) concert in london and new york where phil collins (another 80s figure) played in BOTH concerts and finales

I had my first pocket computer, a Sharp PC 3500 with 3.5kb memory which you can expand to 10.5kb. I used to do some basic programming using that old reliable in my UP eng days.

10" floppys for the Radio Shack TRS 80? in school.

5.5" floppy's for the IBM PC XT.

SONY introduced the first 3.5" floppy for a PC.

It's really funny when you reminisce :D

Man!!! I'm really old. I remembered everything that's written here. I've seen it, I've heard it, I've been there, I heard about it, I"ve felt it, I've smelled it and yes, I've done it during that era :lol:

I can't deny we had some good time, we were like a bike built for two ... another girl's arousing my .... wooo curiousity B)

Hello Sheila! :)

This was from the movie Against All Odds, wasn't it? And the MTV by Kid Creole featured those dancers with armpit hair! :sick:

:lol:

...and there's not a thing that i can do!!!

That's Kid Creole and the Coconuts...the band actually appears in the movie Against All Odds...James Woods introduces the band in the movie...

Kid Creole and the Coconuts also had a minor hit called "I'm a Wonderful Thing" in the mid 80s

di ba ang 80's eh yun din ang kasikatan ng disco music lyk "got to be real", "best of my love"? tama ba ko?

BK....70s yung mga kanta na nabanggit mo...

Disco was still alive in the early 80s but Punk was also the fad in the early 80s...The music scene then drited to New Wave and the 2nd British Invasion.

Heavy Metal took a back seat and plenty of pop acts sprouted...

Dance Music/House Music resurfaced in the late 80s when New Wave was fading away

The Thompson Twins had minor hits...

Lies

Love On Your Side

Nothing in Common

In the Name of Love

...and they had smash hits too:

Hold Me Now (I have a picture...pinned to my wall...)

Doctor! Doctor! (can't you see i'm burning, burning...)

Lay Your Hands On Me (and sense the grace and feel the magic of your touch)

King For A Day (i would give it all away to be with you...)

It\'s really funny when you reminisce :D

Man!!! I\'m really old. I remembered everything that\'s written here. I\'ve seen it, I\'ve heard it, I\'ve been there, I heard about it, I\"ve felt it, I\'ve smelled it and yes, I\'ve done it during that era :lol:

I can\'t deny we had some good time, we were like a bike built for two ... another girl\'s arousing my .... wooo curiousity B)

ive seen it also...di ka naman ganun katanda ah....hehehehe

Anybody remember this band?

The Thompson Twins

It misled some people thinking it was a twin siblings band...but they were actually 3 members who are not related by blood or affinity at all

Their album "Into the Gap" was a smashing success...

yeah the Thompson Twins....

they were actually named I think from the Thompson Twin characters from the Tintin comics - those two fumbling detectives in black...

loved their Hold Me Now song

Hey guys, just bought the CD "Can't Get Enough Of the 80's" . It has the major hits of the 80's. Get your copy now. You'll enjoy listening to David Bowie, INXS, Billy Idol, Duran Duran , Industry and Tears for Fears among others. Have been playing it since Saturday. Now I have a good compilation. I used to have 5-6 tapes of songs from the 80's. Some got lost, others erased by accident. At least I have a CD now!

Early 80's ay nakadorm ako sa UP, 1 sem sa Molave and 3.5 years sa YAKAL.

Box type na Lancer ang mabangis na car noon.

Uso noon ang mga rallies kasi tinepok si Ninoy.

Uso rin noon ang mobile disco. Celebrate by Kool and the Gang ang sikat na party tune noon.

Bago pa lang ang MTV.

Sina Cyndie Lauper, Madonna, Prince, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and siempre si Michael Jackson ang mga POP singers nun.

New Wave ang type kong music noon. Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, The Cure, China Crisis, AHA, Fra Lippo Lippi (i watched the concert), ABC, New Order, Banana Rama

Mike Francis

Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet ang boy bands noon.

Si John Robinson ang sikat na DJ.

Rage Band

Strut and Breakdance ang uso nun pati na yung sayaw ng mga Igorot at mga Maranaw.

Pusoy, Spades, Hearts, Trumps, Boggle, Backgammon, Darts ang usong laro

PACMAN ang favorite PC game.

Virra Mall murang bumli ng computer games.

Hindi pa usong cellphone. Pocket bell pa lang ang pager.

Graffitti shirts and shoulder pads sa girls.

Doña Buding

Buhay pa ang JD at DM transits

Deni Terio

TODAS

Band Aid na ginaya ng USA for Africa

Herpes and AIDS ang mga bagong STD noon

Favorite 80's places to go

Zig Zag

Route 66

Hard Rock Malate

Louie Y

Culture Club

Rumors

How could I have forgotten Louie Y and Culture Club? Syempre! Those were some of the "in" places. Unfortunately, can't afford to get in when we were still students and by the time I was working and earning my own money, these places were already shut down.

Teka! Bakit ako lang yata dito ang nakaka-alala nung Eagle's Nest at Breakwater?