Are You From The 80s?

...IM A CERTIFIED CHILD OF THE 80'S...

HAIRCUT - ONE SIDE WITH AQUANET

POLOSHIRT - ANY POLO BASTA LONG BACK

PANTS - USED AT BASTON WITH ZIPPERS SA LAYLAYAN

SHOES - HARUTA & BLABLA NA PANG SCHOOL ; SEBAGO DOCKSIDES & PENNYLOAFERS PANG PORMA

WATCH - SWATCH WITH WATCHGUARD

SCHOOLBAG - KHUMBELA BACK PACK

HATED GINEBRA/ANEJO ESP. JAWORSKI, RICKY BROWN AND GREAT TASTE ALL THE WAY

ALWAYS HOOKED ON THE TV PAG TRANSFORMERS & GOIN BANANA'S

NEW WAVE, THE PUREST FORM OF MUSIC...AHH, BASTA GALING UK ANG MUSIC, NEW WAVE YAN...

...IM A CERTIFIED CHILD OF THE 80'S...

HAIRCUT - ONE SIDE WITH AQUANET

POLOSHIRT - ANY POLO BASTA LONG BACK

PANTS - USED AT BASTON WITH ZIPPERS SA LAYLAYAN

SHOES - HARUTA & BLABLA NA PANG SCHOOL ; SEBAGO DOCKSIDES & PENNYLOAFERS PANG PORMA

WATCH - SWATCH WITH WATCHGUARD

SCHOOLBAG - KHUMBELA BACK PACK

HATED GINEBRA/ANEJO ESP. JAWORSKI, RICKY BROWN AND GREAT TASTE ALL THE WAY

ALWAYS HOOKED ON THE TV PAG TRANSFORMERS & GOIN BANANA'S

NEW WAVE, THE PUREST FORM OF MUSIC...AHH, BASTA GALING UK ANG MUSIC, NEW WAVE YAN...

NICE ONE BRO!!!!!!! :cool:

this is the era when punks and new wavers ruled the earth!!!!!!

>we dont say yo! WE SAY OI!

>Manila is treated to more punk and new wave releases from the Sex Pistols, Ramones, XTC, The Cars, The B-52’s, Devo, The Police, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, and The Clash.

>Channel 9’s noontime TV show Eat Bulaga launched “Punk Rock Philippines”, a dance contest participated in by weird-dressed couples. Howlin’ Dave and wife Delilah were among the judges during its grand finals.

>Jingle magazine, the most respected music rag in the country at that time, started a series of coverages on the growing punk scene in Manila. The Jerks were the first to be featured

>The very first Brave New World concert was organized at the conservative Philippine Trade Exhibits grounds (Philtrade). It saw the debut of Chaos, a teenage punk quartet led by concert organizer Tommy Tanchanco. “Music is just part of the punk lifestyle. What bothered me was that bands were just copying foreign pop music... I got bands to submit original music. They could only play at the concert if they did, so they were forced to write.” -- explained guitarist Tommy. The BNW Movement was born.

>Local punks became more creative. They designed their own clothes and made their own gear, including their own punk buttons. D.I.Y. (do-it-yourself) punk was born.

dayrit's hamburger, rock and rolls, liga's den, jay zen, tia marias{[madilim pa nun] el pa dim pa nung ilaw}, zombie and chi chi, the party, choo choo junction, par 42 o par 43 ba yun ,[(vaultz, soft cell) disco bar sa wilson st.] greenhills parking lot.....

ticket party sa corinthians, drag race sa white plains ave. loafers and butas na maong, argyle socks, vest, sweat shirts, preppy look.....

lived through the 80's... i miss the music of that decade,....i wish i could live through it again......

I was a child of the 80's. Things that come to my mind when talking about the 80s:

pop music - michael jackson, madonna, robin gibbs, etc.

Game&watch - helmet, octopus, pacman, donkey kong, popeye, etc. :cool:

Me Funny Comics - niknok, planet of the eyps, etc. :D

tv that time eh wala pang remote dipihit pa at malapad parang lamesa konti pa lang ang colored at me nilalagay pang transparent na blue plastic para d raw masakit sa mata! :lol:

Pag me speech si marcos, sya lahat ang laman ng channel - ch2, ch4, ch7, ch9 at ch13 me time nawala pa ung ch2 :grr:

Me P10 ka nun kung bata ka marami ka ng mabibili, ngayon pamasahe lang sa jeep kulang pa pabalik :wacko:

In the early 80's i was preppy all the way, i practically lived in my Penny loafers... I just junked them after graduation from college. 20+++ years, after my taste is still influenced by those preppy days... I still am partial to khaki and earth colors...and yes, never ever was there a time I didnt have loafers in my shoe rack..TOD's na nga lang ngayon :)

I hated those shoulder pads!!!!!!

My favorite "comfort music" from the 60's I still play now is "Rock the Casbah" and my idol-wanna-be then was Belinda Carlysle.

my 80's decade was filled with dates... dinner at mario's, el's (this resto was owned by the joseph's at the corner of makati ave and jupiter). dancing at queue (regent), circuit (hyatt), stargazer (silahis), louie y's then isis (hyatt), faces. uso yung linen pants and shirts (ala miami vice), "gelled down" hair.

towards the late 80s, dates calesa bar to watch side a then by 1am, squeeze inside euphoria (kapag siksikan na).

night cap at remedios circle... cafe adriatico (capuccino na brewed coffee with whipped cream and sprinkle of cinnamon powder and cheesecake; chocolate eh with ensaymada).

or pag boys night out... night cap a "bakahan at manukan" to eat the famous bulalo and sotanghon.

Share ko lang...

I have a friend who is celebrating her 45th Birthday next month... 80's ang theme and RAGE band is playing. Great !!! :D This Lady really loves the 80's... she is even asking a group of friends to dance to the tune of ""Hey Mickey" choreographed and full production as part of the program. Of course, no takers :P

Augustmoon, Storm...andito rin pala kayo ah?? :D

Last week I just saw Juan Miguel Salvador's band Authority....trust me on this, that 80's music act will be worth every cent you pay, galing!

Strumm's Jupiter, every THU night.

Era din namin ito :P Actually, more gimmicks during this decade..may work na kasi so may spending power na.... empowered na. Pag nag break ng houserules...puede na ipagmalaki ang diploma at SSS number !!! :D

noong 70's mga PAL(amunin) pa lang kami.

Sa 80's talaga natuto ng kalokohan. :evil:

90's...SERIOUS na. :hypocritesmiley:

Hello everyone. First time to post in this topic. I also grew up during the 80's and I firmly believe that music of the subsequent decade/s still cannot match that of the NEW WAVE era. :cool: In any case, if you're looking for great 80's gimmick place, try Jill's at Fort Bonifacio on Friday's.....80's night all the way with a mobile (I recall that the main guy was called a "spinner"). Amazingly, the crowd is a mix of the young and old so none of you have to worry about being mistaken as a parent picking up their children. :P I guess that's the magic of 80's music....its for all ages! :thumbsupsmiley:

Incidentally, just above Jill's is ESL, where I 80's music also prevails. B)