Are You From The 80s?

not to forget pala the following:

GIFT GATE - SANRIO

Tokyo Tokyo

Happy Feet

Cinderella - best place to buy clothes and shoes before sa North Mall ng Glorietta

Spaghetti ng Makati Supermarket

MENUDO - boy band (hehehe..nanuod ako concert sa Folk Arts)

ANNIE - the orphan girl which was also locally portrayed by Leah Salonga

Penthouse Live - Martin and Pops with Donya Buding

... lastly I will never forget our Highschool Dance and Soiree's...hehehehe (tama ba spelling)

The Tigers,Ulra Storm concerts,Corinthians/Greenwich clubhouse New Wave parties,Party mobiles like Spye,Disco Stereo,Quantum Spin,Psychodeco Bla-Bla Shoes,Argyle socks,pants with zippers at the bottom,Apeng Daldal's movie "The Magic Bilao"Myrna Castillo,Janice Jurado,Eva Eugenio,Oscar Obligacion,Manolo Pabis

Gulong ng Palad,Donya Aguida,Peping,Carding,Lord Wally hair gel,spray net,Bob-cut,corolla lift back,lancer box type,lifters,fuho spoilers,P7 pirelli,18RG twin side,engelman side mirrors,Radiowealth/Zenith cabinet type tvs,JD transit bus(ang bus na gawa sa kahoy na Lawanette)Far-Out Shirts,Crayons Shoes,Sperry/abito boat shoes,President attache case,Rumors,Gossip,Faces,Where Else,Mars,Rythm And Booze,Jazz Rythms,Peps,Equinox,Giordano frog,Molly Ringwald,Pretty in Pink,Some Kind of Wonderful,Phoebe Cates,Six Million Dollar Man,Bionic Woman,The Love Boat,Jovan,Brute,Halston,Drakkar,Alfie Anido,Julie Vega

Haha, ang tanda na natin.

Atari pa ang gamit ko nun, asteroids yung laro.

Yung glorietta hiwalay hiwalay pa.

Rizal theater at hinde shangri-la ang nasa kanto ng ayala at makati ave.

Dapat baston ang pantalon mo para cool.

Rayban lang ang uso na shades.

Malinis pa ang manila bay at pag may ubo o sipon ka kailangan mong lumanghap ng amoy ng tubig dagat doon.

Yes I'm from the 80s, its good to hear the sounds of the 80s.

Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Hang Ten, Big Man Shoes, Cartimar Pasay and Recto, Heavy Metal boutique in Cartimar, Cash and Carry, Moon Kresta, Donkey Kong, Tank City, No Nuke Concert, Rock Show, Dance 10, Deney Terio, Knap Sax, Game and Watch (Popeye and Octopus), Charmis (Girls Fave Scent hehehe) Save Gas Ride Bus-Love Bus, Live Bands at Shakey’s...

Minute Man, Propaganda, The Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen, Aztec Camera, Blanc Mange, Til Tuesday, A Flock of Seagulls, The Church, The Faint, Icicle Works, Modern English, Seonna Dancing, Oingo Bongo, The Pet Shop Boys, Stray Cats, Ultravox, Bananarama, The Go go’s (hehehe) Quiet Riot, Twisted Sisters Cum on Feel The Noize!!! The Dawn, The Jerks, One Local Band with a girl vocalist forgot the name but their songs are really nice like “Remembering October”- Requiem Concerts? 102.5 DWXB, DZBM...

Dondon Ampalayo, Leo Isaac, Mukesh Advani, Michael Hacket and Ginebra’s Dominating Twin Towers- Ed Ducut and Romy Mamaril Hehehehe...

Im beginning to enjoy this hehehe I can go on for hours bringing back those yesteryears...

Christmas is just around the corner. Here's a Christmas song that made the rounds of the campuses during the 80s:

Untitled

(to the tune of 12 days of Christmas)

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me

A one way ticket to the blues

On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me

TWO FOR THE ROAD and a one way ticket to the blues

On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me

THREE's COMPANY, Two for the Road and a one way ticket to the blues

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

FOR THE BOYS, Three's Company, Two for the Road and a one way ticket to the blues

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

FIVE, VOLTEZ FIVE!

For the Boys, Three's Company, Two for the Road and a one way ticket to the blues

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

SIC O"CLOCK NEWS

Five Voltez Five!!!!

For the Boys, Three's Company, Two for the Road and a one way ticket to the blues

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me

SEVEN PENTHOUSE SEVEN,

Sic O'Clock News

Five Voltez Five!!!!

On the eight day of Christmas my true love sent to me

EIGHT IS ENOUGH,

Seven Penthouse Seven, Sic O'Clock News

Five Voltez Five!!!!

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

NINE CLUBHOUSE NINE

Eight is Enough, Seven Penthouse Seven, Sic O'Clock News

Five Voltez Five!!!!

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

TEN DANCE TEN

Nine Clubhouse Nine, Eight is Enough, Seven Penthouse Seven, Sic O'Clock News

Five Voltez Five!!!!

Note: I forgot what's the 11th! Someone please fill this out) :unsure:

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

TWELVE DIRTY DOZEN

(Forgot the 11th Geez!) :unsure: Ten Dance Ten, Nine Clubhouse Nine, Eight is Enough, Seven Penthouse Seven, Sic O'Clock News

Five Voltez Five!!!!

Wala lang . . . :blush:

The '80s, wow memories of my childhood! I was a gradeschooler all throughout this decade. I graduated elementary in 1990. Here'w what I remember about this decade:

I was grade school in San Beda, early to mid-80s, downfall na ng Marcos-era kaya ang daming rally sa Mendiola. Kaya marami kaming half day classes, early dismissal and suspended classes due to the rallies. However when Cory took over, the rallies at Mendiola didn't end. Remember the Mendiola massacre?

Basketball: The Celtics and Lakers ruled the NBA. Jordan was nothing more than a scoring machine who couldn't win at this point in his career. Sa PBA naman, Toyota and Crispa were the kings during the early part of the decade. Mid-80s, Tanduay and Great Taste (remember Ricky Brown?) na. Late-80s, Ginebra and Purefoods na. Sikat pa na basketball shoes noon, Converse (si Bird and Magic kasi ang endorsers nila) at Grosby and Kaypee sa local basketball.

Yung Coke Litro noon naalala ko 5 pesos lang. Yung baon kong 20 pesos okay nang pang lunch and recess. Pamasahe sa PUJ, 75 cents lang.

I only started listening seriously to music in 1988. NU 107 yung unang exposure ko. Sadly, hindi ko na naabutan ang XB 102. Power 105 pa yung isang new wave station although 99.5 RT played new wave in the late '80s also. My favorite bands were the Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order. Sa local, the Dawn opened the door for bands to enter the mainstream music scene which was then dominated by solo artists like Gary Valenciano and Martin Nievera. Identity Crisis is also noteworthy as another new wave/goth band who got signed by a major label.

I was too young to go party during this decade so I can't comment on the gimmick scene back then.

More '80s memories to come!

Heavy Metal took a back seat and plenty of pop acts sprouted...

Heavy metal didn't take a back seat in the '80s. It was actually metal's best decade:

In 1980 alone, there were four major milestones:

1) Ozzy Osbourne released his debut album, "Blizzard of Ozz" which launched his very successful solo career.

2) His old band Black Sabbath also released thier first album w/ former Rainbow/Elf singer Ronnie James Dio, "Heaven and Hell." It turned out to be a critical success.

3) Iron Maiden also released their self-titled debut album. After two albums, the band kick out Paul Di'Anno and replace him with former Samson singer Bruce Dickinson. Maiden would release seven critically acclaimed albums throughout the '80s and play to sold out shows throughout the world.

4) Judas Priest released "British Steel" which was their breakthrough album in the US.

Hair metal was huge in the '80s! It was staple fare on MTV throughout the decade. In the early '80s, Van Halen, Twisted Sister, Ratt, Quiet Riot and Motley Crue ruled the TV airwaves.

In the mid to late '80s, more hair metal bands dominated MTV and the Billboard charts: Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Cinderella, Winger, Warrant, Skid Row and Guns 'N Roses would surface.

There were also a lot of metal bands who didn't cater to the MTV audience and were firmly underground (at the time) who had their creative peak during the '80s and it was in this decade that they released their most critically-acclaimed albums. I'm talking about bands like: METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, BATHORY, DEATH, TESTAMENT, SEPULTURA, MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND, OVERKILL among others.

So, I don't think that heavy metal took a back seat in the '80s. In fact, metal was more mainstream in the '80s because of the hair metal bands.

well, if anybody here has got a good memory, can you tell us please kung ano ung nauna, kaluskos musmos ba or kulit bulilit  :D

Kuskos Balungos? I don't remember this TV series, or baka masyado na akong matanda nung lumabas yun kaya hindi na ko nagka interest  :D

Nauna Kaluskos Musmos (channel 9) which had Maricel Soriano, Maila Gumila, Herbert Bautista, etc. Sunod Kulit Bulilit which was hosted by Imee Marcos, had the opportunity to be with Kulit Bulilit (channel 13). Di lang nag click Kulit Bulilit kasi "educational" and orientation ng show. We used to tape sa Broadcast City where channel 9 and 13 are both located. We get to play with Kaluskos Musmos kids during our break. :cool:

Ang competitor namin that time was Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club (channel 7). Medyo sosy coz english speaking sila. :P

sa guitar magazine nasa 80's ang pinaka magandang decade ng music

punk local and international

new wave local and international

gothic local and international

glamour and hair metal band...astig

rap..blondie kicked it off sa mainstream with one song and who can forget run dmc

pop syempre madonna at michael jackson

the police..ang dami in terms of music da best talaga ang 80...baka makalimutan ko metallica

I love this era .....

what i remember the most is Miami Vice ...

sus .... I has alot of italian linen suits in pastel colors ( very good and comfortable fabrics ) ....

the fabrics I buy in divisoria or kamuning ....

haven't seen they lately though .....

cheers !!!!