Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

@clyde: Wala ako ni isang UD Legendary Inskirptions.. These cards are #d to 100 right? They are kinda hard to find and are expensive.. The commons are priced at $30.. Whoa!!! :blink: I dunno of anyone who has these kinds of cards.. What I have are some of UD Legendary Signatures.. Gilmore, Cousy, Spud Webb, Tommy Heinsohn, Darryl Dawkins and Michael Cooper..

FYI, I rarely buy common cards of Duncan.. Usually my commons are given to me by friends or I get them from some packs I have opened before.. Kumbaga hingi lang.. Except for some commons like EX, UD Finite, Finest, Topps Chrome, Exquisite, and Ultimate Collection.. I am much more interested in parallels, inserts and jersey cards.. I have around 130++ jersey cards of Duncan (including patches)..

It is hard to find the inserts of 1999 and below.. And the early jerseys (like your jersey of Drexler) are really a pain in the ass.. The old inserts and jerseys have become rare.. Duncan's Topps jerseys are hard to find due to the fact that it is almost seeded one to two jerseys per case before.. Even right now, Topps' odds on memorabilia are tough especially on their low priced products.. I do not mind paying a little bit more for tough inserts and jerseys.. Try to back read as I have pictures on some old inserts (RC year most especially) of Duncan.. A lot of these I was able to purchase way back in the late 90's.. Rookie portfolio, Thrill Seekers, BMOC, etc.. The Freshman Flashback of Hoops that I purchased two days ago is one in my wish list.. It may be just valued at $25, but it is a rare card.. Coz in my so many years of collecting Duncan, I have never seen a card from the set.. Lucky me, I guess.. ;)

I am a PIPPEN collector nag start pa lng ako cguro 60+ p lng akin pm mo details, common or inserts ok yan .. nga pla anyone here has PIERCE and KIDD also .. I also am collecting them

Hindi ko tanda lahat eh nasa dorm kasi ako ngayon.. nasa house yung cards. Meron ako Total O, Greater Heights (2), Famous Nicknames, yun lang tanda ko eh.

Dude wala ka bang kilalang nag collect ng Pippen, dami ko kasi 500+. If you know someone PM mo naman ako. Thanks

ya same here Rev. Don't really buy commons except the parallels and inserts.

Actually did you know that I started to collect Drexler when a freind of mine gave me a few cards of his? He was collecting Jordan then. And I don't know what happened but it caught fire and almost 10 years later, I got this Clyde collection! haha Guess I was inspired by that little act of kindness. :D

As with my 97 UD Jersey, it sure is pretty rare. I can still remember vividly the cards I used to trade for that card. I did not even think twice to trade a Kobe Chrome, Grant Hill finest, Jason Kidd finest and Penny Finest for that card. To think that at the time I got the Jersey card the Kobe was so hot and on its way up (the time I traded it it was just around $150.) Looking back I was just so thankful that I got this precious card. :P

^^ Even though at times, you get suckered into buying cards that were selling cheap and you thought they were expensive.. That is the sucky thing about the hobby, clyde.. Masyadong madaming smackers na ginawang negosyo ang card hobby.. Its not wrong to make an extra buck or two and buy more cards kaso yung lokohin mo na ang kapwa mo, that is wrong..

---

Well, my internet connection speed with PLDT just got very slow today, and it only became fast again this hour.. Due to this I lost in a lot of items in the bay.. One is an Adam Morrison Sweet Shot Rookie #d to 99.. 12.51 dollars lang nag-end!!! ARRRH.. This card usually sells for $40-45.. But then again, hindi kaya pababa na talaga ang hype ni Morrison.. dahil he has been inconsistent in all of his games.. IMO, he is not the player you would want to build your team around and definitely, not All-Star caliber..

Will post some of my pick-ups from e-bay tomorrow.. That is if my internet connection do not get distorted again.. :cry:

Hi guys, anyone interested in my entire Allen Iverson commons and insert cards? All cards are in very good condition, plus i`ll give away 76 more superstar cards commons and inserts also. Pm me if anyone is interested. Thnx!

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7820/scan00013hz.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2649/scan00027mv.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7840/scan00038tv.jpg

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9748/scan00041ow.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7238/scan00055gv.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9783/scan00068ot.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2264/scan00076jd.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1897/scan00085nj.jpg

Some of the freebies:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/3659/scan00093ht.jpg

Edited by cross215
I am a PIPPEN collector nag start pa lng ako cguro 60+ p lng akin pm mo details, common or inserts ok yan .. nga pla anyone here has PIERCE and KIDD also .. I also am collecting them

Maybe we can meet na lng ang dami nun dude eh. Tingnan mo muna. PM me your cp #. BTW, meron din akong KIDD RCs. Thanks

you're right Revi. Problem is collectors are too busy and there's not much cards to get around with. So in a sense these "runners" or "smackers" you call them does the job for the collectors who can't find time looking for cards. At least for these smackers or smuckers they even go around the country trading and buying and selling cards that ends up in the hands of collectors. Th sad part if of course is the skyrocketing of the prices of the cards because they have to earn from the sales.

I hope there will be a better way. So maybe we should start intiating a call to all collectors out there who wants to share and trade their collections. it would be good to find a good place where hobbyist and collectors can congregate and exchange cards, infos and the like. What do you think?

It will be good for the NBA card hobby in the Philippines!

Besides Galleria is just too far away from me although I do go there once in a while. :)

Hello, nice to see the hobby is thriving here. Have been into bball cards starting 1995 but had to stop a few years back. I still visit the shops and buy a little here and there. Mostly, I'm just into collecting sets. There are a lot of thrash cards for sale out there and it just fulfills me to be able to make a set at the least possible amount. At least la rin ako kahati sa mga runners ng inserts. I'm satisfied with this version in the hobby. If there are other SET collectors out there, please PM me and maybe we can swap cards. :cool:

you're right Revi. Problem is collectors are too busy and there's not much cards to get around with. So in a sense these "runners" or "smackers" you call them does the job for the collectors who can't find time looking for cards. At least for these smackers or smuckers they even go around the country trading and buying and selling cards that ends up in the hands of collectors. Th sad part if of course is the skyrocketing of the prices of the cards because they have to earn from the sales.

I hope there will be a better way. So maybe we should start intiating a call to all collectors out there who wants to share and trade their collections. it would be good to find a good place where hobbyist and collectors can congregate and exchange cards, infos and the like. What do you think?

It will be good for the NBA card hobby in the Philippines!

@clyde: Dati kasi there were conventions that take care of these things eh.. Ngayon puros TOYCON na lang wala ng Sports Cards Convention dito.. Upper Deck PI kasi closed shop eh..

Not all "smackers" are after big time sales.. I have my own sets of runners for my hobby that I meet once in a while and this includes bigmawsy.. But meron kasing "smackers" na nanloloko na eh.. Yung tipong sasabihin sa iyo puros kasinungalingan..

Going back, the hobby before was better IMO.. There were more collectors than smackers as compared today.. I got tired of going to Galleria every Saturday coz I see the same faces and see the same stuff.. Usually, nowadays, they just text me if they have new Duncan stuff.. And we meet somewhere.. Atsaka rather than talk to the smackers, I just play badminton on Saturdays..

A lot of people in the hobby kasi nowadays are first and foremost businessmen.. When it comes to the hobby, I am more of a collector than a businessman.. Its not the love for the hobby anymore but the love for a few bucks of earnings.. No one really shares a lot of ideas once your in Galleria.. Its all about, ito ang presyo nito, trade ko sa ganito.. Wala yung, si Diogu kaya gagamitin sa Indiana? Ganda ng pinapakita ngayon ng Utah ano? Basta ako love for the game and the hobby..

Some do not even watch basketball.. I talked to one smacker and he is saying that Bargnani is a flop.. Sabi ko have you watched a lot of NBA lately? Morrison is inconsistent, Tyrus Thomas and Sefolosha are not being used by the Bulls, Rudy Gay has been inconsistent.. Brandon Roy and Bargnani are two of the most consistent rookies in this batch I said.. Sabi niya yun daw ay kung tatagal si Bargnani sa League.. Sabi ko bakit hindi tatagal si Bargnani dahil ba payat siya.. When Dirk came into the League, he was only playing 10-15 mins and he always was a disappointment.. He was also a skinny kid.. Look at Bargnani, he has shown that he can score from the trey and slash at an early stage of his NBA career.. IMO, Bargnani's rookie year is better vis-a-vis than Dirk's rookie year.. Haay Naku!!! Sabi ko sa sarili ko, are these people NBA fans? or what? :grr: He can't even give me the reason why Bargnani would not make it in the L.. Gut feel lang daw.. Sus!!! Sino siya Madam Auring? :grr:

Your idea would be good.. Sana lang wag naman putaktehin ng mga smackers yung convention.. Dati kasi madami ang kolektor na pumupunta sa ganito eh.. Ngayon, baka puros same faces lang ang makita natin.. <_<

ya I agree. YOur thought on a convention is really nice actually I was thinking small time first hehehe. I mean would't it be nice if there's a place that we can really promote and encourage all the collectors to come and visit? I mean that would be great. I share your sentiments. Actually I stopped many years back because of the lack of cards in the circulation. And basically the same people going to the same places and usually these are "runners." I beleive that there are many collectors out there and collectors to e who would want to visit such a place--friendly and not be ripped off by some smuckers or something. We need to maybe resotre some respect and integrity in the hobby. I mean its should be fun and worthwhile! So maybe if we could just get more people who loves the hobby to visit a place. i mean it can still be robinson galleria or maybe some place else.

I mean I have not seen much Drexler cards in over a month! hehehe

Anyone who has autographs, Jerseys or patches of CLyde Drexler please PM me. thanks

i use to collect cards back in my college days.

regarding the rookie cards, i have assorted RCs of the following:

Jerry Stackhouse

Damon Stoudamire

Kevin Garnett

Eddie Jones

Kobe Bryant

Jarmaine O'neil

and some other names that i cant remember

anyone interested? PM me ( all in mint condition )

hello sanmiglight, may i know the details of your kevin Garnet and how much...delmer my cell 09064488778.tnx :thumbsupsmiley:

Its funny how MTC peeps are now flocking this thread.. Dati rati si kupalking, DShock and dreamshocker lang ang kausap ko dito.. Guess this thread was able to rekindle the sleeping fire in some folks to start collecting again.. :cool:

Just bought the new Beckett (Yao Ming cover).. Deron Williams' rookie cards have had considerable increases.. Also Andrew Bynum, Monta Ellis, Dorrel Wright and Carlos Boozer's RC are on the watch list.. I think Dorrel Wright's won't continue to increase.. Monta Ellis, Carlos Boozer and DWill are very hot in the NBA and this might just translate to more price increases in the coming months..

Prices of some cards of JJ Redick are slowly decreasing while Brandon Roy's cards are slowly being noticed.. :cool:

Paul Pierce? I have several.. But not really something to salivate about.. This is part of my rookie card and autograph collection.. I scanned some of the best ones for your viewing pleasure.. :P But these are not for sale nor for trade..

1) UD Encore Rookie Encore Gold #d to 1000 - $15-20 (Rookie Insert)

2) SP Top Prospects Autograph (Rookie) - $20

3) SP Top Prospects Destination Stardom - $10-15 (Rookie Insert)

4) SP Signature 05-06 Scripts for Success Auto #d 200 - $15

5) EX RC

6) UD Ionix RC

7) UD Black Diamond RC

8) Fleer Ultra

Here are the scans............

post-75683-1169822174.jpg

Edited by revi

@breakaway1: I have this Paul Pierece jersey card for sale or for trade if you need it.. This is 03-04 Fleer Focus Shirtified #d 250.. The price is not listed in the new monthly Beckett.. I would assume that it might be valued at $12 HI.. Sorry, but I am not selling or trading my other Paul Pierce cards coz I also collect rookie cards, autographs and I have several inserts for my player collections.. Just PM me if you want this card..

post-75683-1169822816.jpg

IMHO, Pierce's cards are undervauled same with Gilbert Arenas.. pero lately antaas na ng mga autographs ni Arenas pero di nag-up sa latest becket.. baka next pa maguupdate. What kind of Pierce cards do you collect? commons,rcs,aus or patches? Check ko kung may pierce pa ako worth trading sa yo. :)

IMHO, Pierce's cards are undervauled same with Gilbert Arenas.. pero lately antaas na ng mga autographs ni Arenas pero di nag-up sa latest becket.. baka next pa maguupdate. What kind of Pierce cards do you collect? commons,rcs,aus or patches? Check ko kung may pierce pa ako worth trading sa yo. :)

maski ano .. :cool:

I share the same sentiments.. Minsan weird ang Beckett in their pricing.. One example is the Adam Morrison Sweet Shot Rookie #d to 99 which is selling at around $40-50.. Its price in Beckett is at $60.. The Brandon Roy RC Autographed card #d to 250 (Sweet Shot) is selling at the same range in e-bay but it was valued at just $40.. What gives? Next Beckett siguro..

The Brandon Roy Sweet Shot is even in the Hot List while the Morrison is not.. Weird!!! Some of the autographs of Brandon Roy have seen up arrows, though...... Randy Foye's Elevation Autograph is now at $50.. But this card has not even been selling as hot as before.. Siguro nasa $10-15lang ito sa e-bay.. Sometimes you can't even rely on Beckett anymore to price your card collection..

Sigurado na ang mga Arenas tataas sa next Beckett.. Kung hindi.. Basura na talaga ang Beckett.. Brandon Roy should also have a steady increase.. same with Bargnani..

revi I got a 0607 UD sweet shot RC auto of renaldo balkman. Interested just let me know. Thanks

I already have an RC autograph of Balkman, dude.. Its his Hot Prospects Patch RC Auto.. Also a SP Game Used Significance Autograph #d to 100.. Tama na yun for my Balkman mini stuff.. :D