Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Hopefully this year, I will have the minimum hardware (at least) to start getting shooting gigs. But before that, I want to still attend a photography class in PCCI. Been learning and practicing photography for 2 years and hoping this could open up opportunities for me to explore my creativity. So far, it's been gratifying and my family is happy that there is a photographer in the family who always captures our bonding moments.

Guest iyukitakahishi

Yup they were. took these shots with my canon 70D with EFS 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, but for the tacos i used my 50mm f/1.8.

Didnt use tripod because there werent enough space for it and i used a sheet of aluminum foil to reflect light towards certain areas of the food to minimize shadows so that it would look more vibrant and appetizing.

Its an honor Wingedchair and thank you. :)

I can also provide you with the details on how i took these shots (ISO, SHUTTER SPEED, APETURE) if youre interested.

Edited by iyukitakahishi
Guest iyukitakahishi

Sir you may wanna check these sites: 500px and Flikr. They got tons of professional looking photos that you might want to take a look at.

If you think my photos are good...wait till you see theirs.

Sir you may wanna check these sites: 500px and Flikr. They got tons of professional looking photos that you might want to take a look at.

If you think my photos are good...wait till you see theirs.

Yup they were. took these shots with my canon 70D with EFS 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, but for the tacos i used my 50mm f/1.8.

Didnt use tripod because there werent enough space for it and i used a sheet of aluminum foil to reflect light towards certain areas of the food to minimize shadows so that it would look more vibrant and appetizing.

Its an honor Wingedchair and thank you. :)

I can also provide you with the details on how i took these shots (ISO, SHUTTER SPEED, APETURE) if youre interested.

Wow thank yes please do share your EXIF. :) I would like to know how was the light during the shoot? was it too bright and harsh or soft cloudy? :)

Thank you for sharing the sites indeed i am blown away by their works!

When it comes to photography kanya kanyang style lang naman talaga yan. Dami ko kakilala who would tell me the exact same thing: that a photo should tell a story. Tapos ang galing pa mandikta ng approach pero sila mismo pag tiningnan mo mga tira nila halatang hindi man lang marunong gumamit ng focal points or even fails to utilize the basic fundamentals of the craft. Nakaka-irita pero sad to say andaming nagkalat na feeling photog, karamihan ng nakilala ko kung hindi nanggagaya nakikiuso lang talaga.

Eto naman suggestion ko, before putting your works online kahit pa sa FB lang yan or sa mga photo sites, always make it a point to put your watermark on it. Uso nakawan ng kuha at concept.

Edited by glut_func

Sigma 50~150 f2.8 vs Sigma 70~200mm F2.8

ano po ang pros and cons?

Ito po ang informations kung saan ko gagamitin

1. Portrait photography, beach photo (pang facebook profile photo ; yes i know na hindi ideal dalhin sa vacation ang mahabang lens, may 35mm naman ako na gamit)

2. Zoom lens for "ang anak ko ay nasa stage" moment

3. Company events photography and wedding (different lights, cannot get close to subject, easy to handle so magaan)

4. Matibay at hindi bine-"Baby"

wala akong budget pang Nikon lens.

Guest iyukitakahishi

I-save ng RAW. Kaso walang pang-edit. :D

Ano pala settings mo dito master?

Hi bogart. Di pa ako master...beginner lang po. Ill post the details here as soon as possible. Thanks!

^Mismong teacher sa photography nagsabi nyan. Nasa photography books din yun. Well of course kanya kanyang style talaga pero kung gusto mo manalo sa mga photo contests I guess you should follow the basic rules na binanggit ko. Research mo itsura ng mga pictures na nananalo aa contests. Usually less clutter and simple lang talaga. Don't take my word for it, check it out yourself. ;-)

Regarding putting watermarks, to each his own din yan. Ako, I wouldn't mind if someone uses my pictures..I'd be proud of myself pa din kse I know na akin yun at nagandahan sha.

Tsaka wala na lang basagan ng trip di ba? Inaano ka ba nila at naiirita ka sa mga iba ang trip sa yo? Malay mo naiirita din sila sa yo. Hihi! You get what you give kse di ba...

Wala naman ako palag dun sa "a photo should tell a story" kasi totoo naman talaga as it is a basic concept pero syempre may pinakikibagayan at depende sa tumitira. More on macro/beauty shots ang trip ko so hindi masyado issue sa kin if my shots does not really have a story to tell, for me, as long as I capture the beauty of my subject then I'm all good. It's in the eye of the beholder pa rin talaga hehe.

As for the irita part, open naman ako sa feedback as long as the critic knows what he's talking about, sa experience ko kasi ako yung nag magandang loob to share my folio tapos may eepal na yung mga taong pinangungunahan ako on what style to go for is mga totally hindi talaga marunong (imagine someone using an SLR and does not even know how to meter properly). Since then I stopped showing my best shots to anyone kasi merong papapel talaga. Sino ba namang hindi maiinis nun di ba? Besides, ang totoong marunong rumirespeto ng diskarte ng ibang tao at never mangingialam kahit pa baguhan yung tumitira - I'm sure any photography teacher can attest to that too.

You mentioned about joining photography contests, I certainly do hope you've read the "general" fine print on the rules about submission of your shots...

Edited by glut_func

Hi bogart. Di pa ako master...beginner lang po. Ill post the details here as soon as possible. Thanks!

Ano gamit mong pang-edit sir?

Nice shots sir iyukitakahishi mas lalo akong nagugutom ngaun :)

share ko lang din some of my shots..feel free to comment :)

attachicon.gifDSC_0092.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_0069.jpg

I am more into toy photography pero I take shots of anything that interest me :)

Wow! Panalo. Ano settings mo dito sir? Galing ng mirror effect at bokeh.

My share. It's an old one, had to blur out my watermark kasi it shows my real name eh :ninja: it's not much but its something :P. This is basically one of my earlier attempts on insect photography using a proper macro lens.

Settings: 30 sec, f16, iso 800, no flash, tamron 90 mm, sony a35, tripod and in-cam timer was used for this shot since I had no IR remote at that time and these buggers are moving alot so nakatsamba ng isang pumirmi sa pwesto. Although noticeable ang slight blur on some parts of the subject itself due to shallow DOF so a little sharpening did help a bit na rin. :rolleyes: Minimal post processing was done via photoshop for the global lighting, cropping and of course, putting my watermark on it.

Taken back in 2012 and location was Singapore, pasir ris park right by the mangrove exit.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2b85dz.jpg

Edited by glut_func
Guest iyukitakahishi

241042_10201994003131416_802991122377298

Camera Canon 70D

Lens 50mm 1.4

Aperture f/ 5.6

Shutter Speed 1/80

ISO 800

No Flash

Unedited

Edited by iyukitakahishi
Guest iyukitakahishi

1485984_10202043055797702_15978297458744

Camera: Canon 70D

Lens: 50mm 1.4

Aperture: f/3.2

Shutter Speed: 1/60

ISO: 1600

No Flash

Unedited

Edited by iyukitakahishi
Guest iyukitakahishi

10321726_10202082939354766_5221168663678

Camera: Canon 70D

Lens: 50mm 1.4

Aperture: f/ 3.2

Shutter Speed: 1/60

ISO: 1600

No Flash

Unedited

Edited by iyukitakahishi

Ano gamit mong pang-edit sir?

Wow! Panalo. Ano settings mo dito sir? Galing ng mirror effect at bokeh.

Salamat sir!

Naka 50mm ako na 2.8 dyan sakto kasi ung ilaw sa labas ng building :)

Dun naman sa water reflection nilagay ko lang ung toys ko sa sahig after ng ulan

Syempre may unting editing na sila sa PS at may watermark na din :)

Eto sharing ulit some of my older shots

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3813/10362967374_aa09cf26e7_z.jpg

Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/1.8
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 100
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Flash No Flash

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7382/10362955905_4d4b47b947_z.jpg

Exposure 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture f/2.0
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 100
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Flash No Flash

^nice portraits brad. I prefer the first one. Pag 50mm gamit ko I usually shoot up close and from waist up. Ok naman sya for whole body pero what I learned before is that it is not advisable because of the distortion it creates on the subject, parang mas tataba yung model. Again, subjective lang to pero overall, ok mga kuha mo.

Guest iyukitakahishi

Nice shots sir iyukitakahishi mas lalo akong nagugutom ngaun :)

share ko lang din some of my shots..feel free to comment :)

DSC_0092.jpg DSC_0069.jpg

I am more into toy photography pero I take shots of anything that interest me :)

Nice shots! love your photos!

I usually use snapspeed for editing cause i dont know how to use both photoshop and lightroom yet.

We should meet up Tog!!

And love your portratis as well....especially the first one.