Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

am not really a good photographer, still learning, wanna do sexy photography. half nude to full nudes. i guess, need special gadgets and gorgeous models... haaayz, time and budget...

Find a really good model hindi yung sino-sino lang. Kahit hindi sobrang ganda basta marunong naman mag pose at mag project ng maayos. Mahihirapan ka humanap ng model na willing mag nude so babaan mo standards mo.

Ang technique sa ganyan is mag build ka muna ng folio mo para may magka interes din na model na magpakuha syo. Ngayon kung meron man magka interest syo na magpa implied or full nude swerte mo pero sigurado mahal ang singil nyan. Start ka muna sa sexy or portraits then saka mo targetin yung ideal folio mo. Maganda kasi pag meron kang mapapakita na model photoshoots kasi malakas magpa gwapo ng folio yan.

I love photography. Wish I could wish to be a "famous" photographer...

but no. I just want to be a really good one.

I used to frequent photography groups and forums but I just usually see people stroking each others' egos to feel fulfilled; or beating down others just to feel superior. It's sad. Social media has taken away a lot of the art for the sake of popularity and filling in that soul-hole we all have. I can't advise, C&C, and/or any of those intellectual stuff other artists do :( maybe I'm not cut out to be an artist, after all ...

Right now, I'm still into photography, but I just take pics for taking pics' sake. If I have my camera with me, I will take pics of things I think are beautiful, the way I see them (not necessarily how the world sees 'em).

• Like (+1) 1

I love photography. Wish I could wish to be a "famous" photographer...

but no. I just want to be a really good one.

I used to frequent photography groups and forums but I just usually see people stroking each others' egos to feel fulfilled; or beating down others just to feel superior. It's sad. Social media has taken away a lot of the art for the sake of popularity and filling in that soul-hole we all have. I can't advise, C&C, and/or any of those intellectual stuff other artists do :( maybe I'm not cut out to be an artist, after all ...

Right now, I'm still into photography, but I just take pics for taking pics' sake. If I have my camera with me, I will take pics of things I think are beautiful, the way I see them (not necessarily how the world sees 'em).

Unsolicited advice lang: Do what I do - I just shoot for myself. This helped me enjoy photography more and motivated me to keep shooting dati.

I don't typically like to show my folio to others, personal preference lang talaga. Hindi kasi importante sa kin ang opinion ng iba to validate or gauge my skills. Kung nagandahan ako sa tira ko eh di ok isasama ko sya sa mga folio ko, kung hindi eh di ipost process ko ulit or delete na lang. Dun kasi magsisimula ang insecurity mo sa craft na to - halimbawa naka-achieve ka ng shot na ok sa paningin mo pero pag pinakita mo naman sa iba kakatayin lang so apektado ka ngayon dahil mababasag ang creative flow mo - sapul ngayon ang confidence mo hanggang sa tuluyan ka na mawalan ng gana tumira. No matter how much you pretend or lie to yourself na hindi ka nagpapaapekto sa comments ng iba maapektuhan ka pa rin in a way kaya dapat sanayin mo sarili mo na wag mag post ng mga kuha mo in public lalo na kung unsure ka mismo on how others might see it.

Tulad ng naexperience mo sa mga photog groups/forums, mahilig din pumapel ang ibang mga photog na akala mo kung sinong ang gagaling pero let me tell you this, karamihan sa mga yun nagaya lang din naman ng style ng iba. Lantaran yan sa mga mahilig mag post ng mga glamour/beauty/sexy, etc. It's ok to envy them, normal lang yan at kahit ako pinagdaanan ko yan nung nagsisimula ako tumira kasi I am always looking around for inspiration pero wag na wag kang manggagaya para lang may mapakita ka - just keep your head down and ituloy mo lang yung trip mo gawin. Yung fulfillment na makukuha mo sa craft na to will stem from your OWN work and effort hindi dun sa mga style na nakuha mo lang sa iba.

• Like (+1) 1

sarap ng kwentuhan nyo.

yeah, maraming na "disappoint" lalo na pag sumali sa mga photography forum, lol.

for me, i'll ALWAYS be in photography.

Why?

Because the reason I puchased a DSLR is to take better pics of my FAMILY.

So as long as nandyan ang reason na yan, di ako matitigil sa hobby na to.

Bonus nalang siguro yung paminsan-minsang event gigs, etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sana mabili ko n yung dream lens ko na 18-135. Pero prime muna sa ngyon. Mga sir ok b un pang landscape din yung 50mm

ang prime usually pang portrait lang talaga ang primary function nyan. Technically, pwede mo rin naman sya gamiting pang landscape pero lalayuan mo nga lang ang working distance mo.

Kit lens na lang gamitin mo pang landscape.

can you share articles showing tips and some manual settings to try? using 50mm 1.8 lens :) thanks in advance

kung manual settings lang pag uusapan on a prime lens, as much as possible, sagad mo yung buka ng aperture mo - meaning, naka set ka lagi sa 1.8. Take note that the ideal use and purpose for 50mm IS for portrait lang talaga, yung mga tipong from the waist up ang kuha mo sa model mo. Timplahin mo na lang sa exposure accordingly.

Apart from my kit lens, I also started with a 50mm prime. Suitable to for macro, stills and even street pero I wouldn't recommend it for landscape. Masyado restricted ang working space mo, unless of course malayo ka talaga.

• Like (+1) 1

can you share articles showing tips and some manual settings to try? using 50mm 1.8 lens :) thanks in advance

good evening. am no expert, but i do love taking photos for my food blog and photo blog. to produce decent shots for both here is a website that i used where i read some great articles regarding photography.

http://digital-photography-school.com/

and here's a link regarding gear:

http://digital-photography-school.com/cameras-and-gear/

:) hope that helps even just a bit.

Edited by Queen Darkeinjel
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks Queen Darkeinjel. will check those links.. :)

Actually there is no right and wrong settings in photography. It is about the picture that you want to create. Master first the basics and then start to experiment and eventually develop your own style. My advise to newbies is not to get caught up with the gear but focus more on the technique. Most cameras can do virtually everything unless you are into sports photography or low light photography which need fast lenses. Most importantly, enjoy the hobby.

thanks Queen Darkeinjel. will check those links.. :)

Actually there is no right and wrong settings in photography. It is about the picture that you want to create. Master first the basics and then start to experiment and eventually develop your own style. My advise to newbies is not to get caught up with the gear but focus more on the technique. Most cameras can do virtually everything unless you are into sports photography or low light photography which need fast lenses. Most importantly, enjoy the hobby.

^kung magpopost ka ng photos mo, be sure to watermark them. Put them somewhere in the middle near the subject as deterrent. Uso ngayon ang nakawan ng photos. Kahit mga professional nabibiktima nyan.

If i were you, iwasan mo magpost ng mga photos mo sa mga photog groups sa FB. Wagas kung magmarunong ang iba dun.

Im planning to buy a Nikon D7000 can someone please share a review on this unit? thanks in advance and more power to all!

Oh D7000 is very nice... The sensor is great and really good camera

D7000 is my workhorse in any shoot...

I do have d7100 also... Much better which regards to sharpness and clarity

But the controls and buttons are far different from the old Nikon cameras...