Flash No Flash

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7382/10362955905_4d4b47b947_z.jpg

Exposure 0.003 sec (1/320)

Aperture f/2.0

Focal Length 50 mm

ISO Speed 100

Exposure Bias 0 EV

Flash No Flash

Thaks for sharing sir tog. Just a question though on the scar at the left arm. was it intended not to be cloned out?

Thaks for sharing sir tog. Just a question though on the scar at the left arm. was it intended not to be cloned out?

Yes sir hindi ko talaga inalis ung balt nya in respect sa model..kasi sa tingin ko wala kong right para alisin un dahil part un ng kanyang allure :)

Usually ang inaalis ko lang mga pimple or kung may request si model :)

10710321_10201888078323362_8531211884955

Camera: Canon 70D

Lens: 50mm 1.8 II ( The Nifty Fifty )

Aperture: f/ 2.2

Shutter Speed: 1/125

ISO: 1600

No Flash Fired

Unedited

Eto sharing ulit some of my older shots

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3813/10362967374_aa09cf26e7_z.jpg

Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)

Aperture f/1.8

Focal Length 50 mm

ISO Speed 100

Exposure Bias 0 EV

Flash No Flash

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7382/10362955905_4d4b47b947_z.jpg

Exposure 0.003 sec (1/320)

Aperture f/2.0

Focal Length 50 mm

ISO Speed 100

Exposure Bias 0 EV

Flash No Flash

241042_10201994003131416_802991122377298

Camera Canon 70D

Lens 50mm 1.4

Aperture f/ 5.6

Shutter Speed 1/80

ISO 800

No Flash

Unedited

10321726_10202082939354766_5221168663678

Camera: Canon 70D

Lens: 50mm 1.4

Aperture: f/ 3.2

Shutter Speed: 1/60

ISO: 1600

No Flash

Unedited

Ang gagaling nyo mga master. Hands down.

@iyukitakahishi - unedited ba sir means kahit crop di pa nagawa? nakakagutom. TFS

@tog - share pa sir. :D

how decide to between higher exposure and noise?

if you're using full manual adjust mo na lang according sa available lighting or for whatever shots you need to make. ibuka mo aperture mo to compensate.

fyi, noise is present in all shots kahit pa sagad na aperture mo so kahit anong timpla mo, hindi mawawala talaga yan. Pero eto pandaya pag hirap ka mag timpla, set mo setting to program mode tapos point your cam to your subject and check the detected settings then balik mo sa manual tapos pitik na lang sa pag adjust.

• Like (+1) 1

Im interested to try ds hobby...mdyo sawa nko sa rc...

before you go out and buy a camera, do a research first - atleast try to know the basic fundamentals of photography first. Once your interest for the craft has built up then dun ka mag decide kung bibili ka na ng gear.

One more thing, its never about the gear, it's about the eye behind it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Getting there is a challenge. I still feels so far way of getting to that part of my industry as the "go to" photographer to get on big events and clubs. Even though it is a challenge, it has always been a great satisfaction capturing those moments.

11241431_655836957886617_883330751412850

http://i.imgur.com/Ta8SXD4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

check for possible fungus manifestation on the lens

Well, if you shoot Minolta & Nikon before and still have the lens, then go with Nikon. As far as I know, Minolta lens is compatible with Nikon cameras. I would recommend Nikon D7100. Here's a product http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d7100.htm

Just restarted following MTC after a few years, so sorry this reply is late.

Minolta lenses are NOT Nikon-compatible. There may ne some adapters out there but none will allow full feature compatibility. I personally prefer Nikon, but I know many top-notch photographers who use Minolta/Sony.

if you're using full manual adjust mo na lang according sa available lighting or for whatever shots you need to make. ibuka mo aperture mo to compensate.

fyi, noise is present in all shots kahit pa sagad na aperture mo so kahit anong timpla mo, hindi mawawala talaga yan. Pero eto pandaya pag hirap ka mag timpla, set mo setting to program mode tapos point your cam to your subject and check the detected settings then balik mo sa manual tapos pitik na lang sa pag adjust.

I would suggest diving into the technology and understanging it better.

Noise is always present. It's a function of the sensor. Lower ISO settings lower the noise in the image, and for many cameras by the time you hit ISO6400 noise is quite visible.

Learns the relationship between ISO, shutter speed and aperture. Learn the "sunny 16" rule. Then go from there. Once you understand it, you will know how to make the decisions you need to make regarding exposure.

• Like (+1) 1

personally and as far as image quality is concerned, yes. Entry levels ng alpha tsaka point and shoot nya ok na ok na pano pa full frame. Nikon and canon are good in their own way, I've used all those brands myself pero pag standard setup lang ginamit mo parang mas sharp pa sony ...pero syempre subjective pa rin yun.

The truth is, in a technical sense, image quality from any modern camera is quite acceptable. Don't get caught up in the Nikon vs Canon vs Sony vs anything else wats. The camera is only a tool. Learn to use the tool you have to produce the best images (not in a technical sense, although that is important) but in a photographic sense. Once you've learned that, you can decide what camera has the features that ergonomics that suit your style the best.

I know of many good photographers who shot with an iPhone and get stunning results.

I would suggest diving into the technology and understanging it better.

Noise is always present. It's a function of the sensor. Lower ISO settings lower the noise in the image, and for many cameras by the time you hit ISO6400 noise is quite visible.

Learns the relationship between ISO, shutter speed and aperture. Learn the "sunny 16" rule. Then go from there. Once you understand it, you will know how to make the decisions you need to make regarding exposure.

i shoot full manual which means i already know how to expose my shots according to my intended output.

The truth is, in a technical sense, image quality from any modern camera is quite acceptable. Don't get caught up in the Nikon vs Canon vs Sony vs anything else wats. The camera is only a tool. Learn to use the tool you have to produce the best images (not in a technical sense, although that is important) but in a photographic sense. Once you've learned that, you can decide what camera has the features that ergonomics that suit your style the best.

I know of many good photographers who shot with an iPhone and get stunning results.

i know.

i shoot full manual which means i already know how to expose my shots according to my intended output.

i know.

May I ask what light meter you use to determine your exposures? And just how you decide what the right exposure is? Even after being into photography for over 40 years, there is still much to learn and if you have a better way, it would be good to learn that.

May I ask what light meter you use to determine your exposures? And just how you decide what the right exposure is? Even after being into photography for over 40 years, there is still much to learn and if you have a better way, it would be good to learn that.

Just the one built-in my camera - it is more than sufficient for me. Metering properly is one thing as its one of the simplest things a shooter can do once they have understood the basic fundamentals of photography & manual shooting but getting the "right" exposure will all really depend on what kind of shot the shooter is after. Even pros will tell you the exact same thing.

Once the shooter fully understands on how the exposure triangle works, everything else will just be very easy. And before you get any ideas, I am nothing more than just a hobbyist so I only shoot for fun. I just spent a lot of time reading and researching about photography online before.

Edited by glut_func
  • 2 weeks later...

Just the one built-in my camera - it is more than sufficient for me. Metering properly is one thing as its one of the simplest things a shooter can do once they have understood the basic fundamentals of photography & manual shooting but getting the "right" exposure will all really depend on what kind of shot the shooter is after. Even pros will tell you the exact same thing.

Once the shooter fully understands on how the exposure triangle works, everything else will just be very easy. And before you get any ideas, I am nothing more than just a hobbyist so I only shoot for fun. I just spent a lot of time reading and researching about photography online before.

Okay.

When I'm shooting digital I use the camera to meter but I always have it set to spot metering, and I use exposure lock so I can then compose around what I metered. I tend to shoot mostly in aperture priority mode since I'm generally not shooting sports or other fast-action scenes.

But for the 6x6 and 4x5 cameras - no built in metering, so I have a very small, light and almost indestructible spot meter I use. I follow the old system for the 4x5 and a modified zone system for 6x6 roll film. It's nice having my own darkroom so I can process to suit the scenes and how I shot them. My old favorite films - Kodak TechPan, Kodak HIE, Kodak XX, Fuji Neopan400 are impossible to find now and I have been struggling to find available films that have the right feel. At least I can still find Tri-X.

I really envy the veteran shooters especially those who started out in film and darkroom processing. Which is why despite my acquired knowledge in this craft I still cannot consider myself as a "photographer" not even by a longshot - that label just doesn't fit quite right for me.

Up to now, I only see myself as a guy that happens to own a camera. That's pretty much it.

• 2 weeks later...