Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Any recommendations for a point and shoot camera? Budget 12-15k. Thanks.

technically, the best point and shoot camera now is your phone since a lot of the phone manufacturers have now improved the cameras in the phone. Huawei's P9 has 2 lenses in the rear camera which was done in partnership with Leica. So if you ask me, you may be better off buying a good smart phone instead of getting a point and shoot camera.

while i might agree that some if not most phones have good quality lenses, i would still suggest a point and shoot camera.

if you want to learn more about manual controls during your spare time, a good point and shoot/bridge camera to purchase would be the agfa or fujifilm bridge cams. (i would suggest to go for a nikon or canon, but their bridge line is quite spendy)

Thank you! Currently researching about bridge cameras! By the way any particular model for a bridge camera you favor? Again thank you.

I like the Lumix LX series. I own a LX 5. The newest one is the LX 100, if I am not mistaken.

Bridge cameras allow you to control certain aspects of the camera like shutter speed, etc. while still retaining the size of a p & s. It will allow you to learn and practice before moving on to dslrs.

Thank you! Currently researching about bridge cameras! By the way any particular model for a bridge camera you favor? Again thank you.

for the budget you stated, it would be agfa (sorry i forget the model)

personally, i have an old nikon P80 (now 8 years old). the newer model is called the p1000 selling for around 32K.

aside from what wheeljack said, bridge cameras also offers a decent amount of zoom capability. my suggestion, go to malls and look at some of their cameras on display. get a feel of the unit, turn it on if you can, test it if you can, take a photo if you will be allowed. :)

once you've purchased it, shoot-shoot-shoot and shoot some more.

karamihan ng mga dati kong kilala na naunang mahumaling sa dslr nag convert na rin kalaunan sa point and shoot. Mas magaan at mas practical with pretty much the same performance and quality that dslr's offer. Di na kelangan magpapalit palit ng lente.

Kahit ako minamata ko yung gopro hero5. Kung ihahalintulad mo yung performance nya sa isang dslr setup mas mapapamahal lang ako lalo pa hindi biro ang presyo ng wide angle na lente. It can also shoot raw na rin daw so bonus na yun na pampadali sa post processing.

Thank you very much. Excited nako! Para kasi nakaka intimidate yun dslr. Thanks masters!

welcome.

sige lang, buy the cam within your budget. study how to use it well. shoot.

dslr's aren't intimidating. they are great tools to help one express their creativity.

learn as much as you can. pero wag naman yung parang info overload. masakit sa ulo yun. good luck and most especially have fun!

post your photos here para naman makita din namin. :)

oh, di po ako master ha. just someone who likes taking photos po.

Imo, ung mga lighting effects and especially night shots doon mo makikita ganda ng kuha using mirrorless.

This is actually the opposite.

Here's an excerpt for TOM's Guide :Which i find to be true as I love shooting at nights capes and. Have both P&S and DSLR but the DSLR results (even in the P or Auto mode) beats a mirrorless P&S.

"In situations where the camera is struggling (such as in low light or with fast-moving subjects), the preview will suffer, becoming dull, grainy and jerky. That’s because the mirrorless camera has to slow down the speed at which it captures images to grab more light, but still has to show you a moving preview. A DSLR, by contrast, reflects the light into your eye, which is better than the camera sensor at low light."

I don't claim any expertise as I'm also just an avid hobbyist so Here's the whole article/guide to give credit where due: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/dslr-vs-mirrorless-cameras,news-17736.html

I hope this helps in deciding what to go for based from personal preferences.

Edited by Unwritten

This is actually the opposite.

Here's an excerpt for TOM's Guide :Which i find to be true as I love shooting at nights capes and. Have both P&S and DSLR but the DSLR results (even in the P or Auto mode) beats a mirrorless P&S.

"In situations where the camera is struggling (such as in low light or with fast-moving subjects), the preview will suffer, becoming dull, grainy and jerky. That’s because the mirrorless camera has to slow down the speed at which it captures images to grab more light, but still has to show you a moving preview. A DSLR, by contrast, reflects the light into your eye, which is better than the camera sensor at low light."

I don't claim any expertise as I'm also just an avid hobbyist so Here's the whole article/guide to give credit where due: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/dslr-vs-mirrorless-cameras,news-17736.html

I hope this helps in deciding what to go for as based from your personal preferences.

Bottom line, I guess is to know the limitations of your camera and to master the use of light to get the shots that you want.

Never ako naging technical na shooter, kahit nga specific definition ng ibang aspeto sa photography hindi ko alam eh. Para sa kin, as long as marunong ka mag manual at alam mo na agad yung itsura ng output mo bago ka pa tumira ok na yun. Karamihan ng mga disenteng tira ko na-achieve ko using a entry level slr and kit lens lang...

Here are 2 examples (crappy off the hip shots in Auto mode) just to show low light difference between a DSLR and even a quality mirrorless P&S.

- No processing just resized at standard compression at 640pixel using picasa. My preference would be to shoot in full manual or shutter priority for low lights

This is not to discourage in anyway but to serve as a guide and calibrate ones expectations with respect to mirrorless and capabilities of whatever camera you choose to use.

Top is P&S Lumix 14.1Mpixel (1/30secs, f3.3, ISO800)

Bottom is DSLR 12Mpixel (1/20secs, f.3.5, ISO800)

*** it would seem P&S has advantage (Faster shutter and wider aperture) but results show otherwise.

post-526772-0-40937500-1490931744_thumb.jpg

post-526772-0-50636000-1490931764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Unwritten
  • Like (+1) 1

Here are examples of lowlight shots to capture ligth effects: Manual mode and changed shutter speeds.

- I just shoot for personal use and to preserve memories so pardon if it's not up to the standards of publication worthy pics :D, Just sharing so interested folks will be encourage to play with their camera settings and become famous photographers :)

All at f/4.5, ISO1250: no post processing just resize at standard compression at 440pixel using picasa (for no fuss quick sharing) ... Happy shooting everyone!

speed: 1/15s - only a short flame trail

post-526772-0-71981200-1490935280_thumb.jpg

speed: 1/13s - longer flame trail

post-526772-0-30256400-1490935030_thumb.jpg

speed: 1/6s - Flame trails overlap

post-526772-0-31431800-1490935023_thumb.jpg

speed: 1/4s - Double overlap flame trails

post-526772-0-77968300-1490935017_thumb.jpg

Edited by Unwritten
  • Like (+1) 1

Here are examples of lowlight shots to capture ligth effects: Manual mode and changed shutter speeds.

- I just shoot for personal use and to preserve memories so pardon if it's not up to the standards of publication worthy pics :D, Just sharing so interested folks will be encourage to play with their camera settings and become famous photographers :)

All at f/4.5, ISO1250: no post processing just resize at standard compression at 440pixel using picasa (for no fuss quick sharing) ... Happy shooting everyone!

speed: 1/15s - only a short flame trail

attachicon.gif1o15.JPG

speed: 1/13s - longer flame trail

attachicon.gif1o13.JPG

speed: 1/6s - Flame trails overlap

attachicon.gif1o6.JPG

speed: 1/4s - Double overlap flame trails

attachicon.gif1o4.JPG

great shots and you have very steady hands

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello. Looking to get my first digital camera primarily for figure (action figure and toys) photography. Currently torn between the Sony a5000 and a6000.

Is the electronic view-finder and hotshoe availability (a6000) enough of a reason to get over price (a5000) to start and learn photography?

try both cameras out and determine how they feel in your hand because the camera is just a tool. you are the one who can make the pictures turn out well.

praktis ka muna using just your camera phone (assuming you already have one) bago ka bumili ng ganyan. Tapos aral ka din muna ng basics para maging confident ka sa pag shoot.

Pag naintindihan mo ang tamang pag kuha then wala kang magiging problema kahit pa na anong camera ang gamitin mo.

I hear with regards to that. I actually have a capable smartphone camera. May mga times lang talaga na mas mabibigyan ng "justice" yun mga Hot Toys ko kapag gamit eh actual camera. :)

May simpleng pandaya dyan actually that can improve your shots - lighting. Mag DIY ka using your camera phone tapos patayin mo ilaw sa room and use a flashlight acting as spotlight for your subject. May dating na mga kuha mo that way.

Lighting lang naman ang nagpapaganda sa mga tira most of the time. Diskartehan mo na lang sa angle at posing ng toys, etc.

Well, the word "photo" in photography literally means light after all.

I would strongly urge you to read up stuff about photography muna bago ka bumili ng actual camera. Kahit fundamentals lang para magka-idea ka on what to do. Mahirap yung pitik ka lang ng pitik ng wala ka idea sa ginagawa mo. You need to have a good understanding muna talaga on what you're supposed to do para alam mo kung tama ba o mali ang ginagawa mo. There are tons of free stuff online that you can refer to so take your time lang talaga - that's exactly how i learned how to shoot anyway.

Yeah. Looks like I still would need to do a lot of reading and watching tutorials before making an actual purchase of a camera.

not really a lot. Just start lang with the fundamentals ng craft and everything else will just be easy. Wag mo i-pressure sarili mo na you need to be good agad kasi mababasag ang creative flow mo nun, madali ka ngayon mawawalan ng gana. Just experiment and read up at your own pace.