Cellphone Reviews

got a SE k610i. Nice and slim look. first SE phone and so far aside from the adjustments sa interface (nokia/samsung user before), ok naman sya. Good value din. Nothing fancy sa features nya 2MP camera but no flash or autofocus, anyways i got the phone for it's 3G connectivity.

Satisfied user so far :thumbsupsmiley:

I have seen no one mention the HTC Hermes/TyTN. I think it might also be sold as the O2 O2 XDA Trion. Anybody got any experience with this phone? I've been enjoying its predecessor, the HTC Wizard, for a year or so but it is beat all to hell and I'm thinking of upgrading.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t162/senyor_maginoo/mtc/prev_HTC_TyTN_2_large.jpg

I believe this is being sold or is branded as DOPOD here ... although the same phone is being marketed as other brands. My boss has one and ok naman feedback from him. His previous phone was a trea 650. he's really into the pda phone thing.

just a question...had my motorola k1 checked due to the battery problem...ang bilis ma-drain...when i brought to memoexpress, according to them after being checked by the technician ok naman ang battery..which i can confirm because ginamit ko siya in my other motorola, ok namna...then they said it baka sa programming....kailangan daw i-reprogram...i am not an expert but does this make sense....well, they said they did and ok na daw...

Any reviews regarding the N95? -_-

overall, it's great! except for the music player. lousy sound output (using bundled earphones and other branded good quality earphones). N91 has better output. non-sturdy feeling 'cause the body feels like it was made with cheap plastic.

hi there!

is treo 750 much better?

i have a SE K800i now and got more than a year in its belt. But i need a PDA for all the mobile office stuff. Any word for/against it?

pros:

- treo 750 is better in overall functionality compared to it's predecessors.

- signal receptions are great.

- messages are even threaded. so u won't have to search for the last sms from s specific contact. just open one of the contact's messages and you will see all messages from him.

- battery life is decent

- IMHO, other pros are user specific

cons:

- almost same hardware as treo 650. just a little optimized and some upgraded parts.

- price is very steep @ 39,990 SRP.

- bad camera @ 1.3MP only, bad output, no auto-focus.

I recently got tired of thick bulky do it all phones like my 6680 and SE P900 and bought a basic motorola L7

its got a vga camera, 256mb micro sd memory, full color screen. in a sleek aluminium casing.

i really like the phone but have 3 complaints

1. no smileys

2. txt msg memory is only less than 100 capacity

3. I cannot recieve mms txt

the smileys could be fixed by changing flashing & flexing the firmware (its like the OS of the L7) with a different one (a modified version made by others, or it could be a factory-default firmware given to other countries). the smileys are part of a different version of ITAP Dictionary kasi.. and it so happened that yung mga L7 na binebenta dito sa atin eh walang nung language na gumagamit ng pa-U na smiley (if you get what I mean here).

with regard to the text message memory, yes, its less than 100 an it sucks. also the auto-clean feature doesnt seem to work for any type of firmware you install on your L7. it seems to be an issue with Motorola itself, although others claim that the auto-clean feature works after system clock reaches 12:00 AM or 00:00. well, it doesnt work on mine.

the third issue, cant receive mms text. check your configuration. if you want, call your service provider and have them download or send the configuration to your L7. thats what i did before. then after I flashed and flexed the firmware, the MMS settings were erased. So, I downloaded the config file for the MMS settings via the internet na lang and installed it on my L7 myself.

other facts about the L7: battery life is also short as to all Motorola units. i dont know why this is the case. even if I reprogram or flash & flex a different firmware, battery life stays the same. even if i change the battery with an original replacement, its still the same. you can actually install iTunes on an L7 and play media thru iTunes. the firmware I am using now has iTunes installed. all customized firmwares for motorola units has iTunes preinstalled already and these are can be downloaded from the net, just be careful on choosing what type of firmware to use. Make sure you identify the compatible firmware for your L7 first.

anyway, im just sharing this. Im not maka-L7 at all. in fact, im planning on buying another phone sometime in the future. perhaps go back to using nokia or son ericson which has proven to be good brands (in my case, at least).

Any reviews regarding the N95? -_-

hi!

got my N95 not too long ago but i would suggest you wait a little while longer if you are planning to buy one. overall, the phone is great. i'm using "ultimate ears pro 5.1 headphone" and the N95 sound is just fantastic. the headphone that came with the unit don't give justice to the unit itself. the drawback though with my unit is that, the answer button on my cellphone malfunctions at times and the only way to make it work is to push loudspeaker first then back to handset. i wonder if it's a bug that nokia has to address or i got a lemon.

Let me introduce you to my two year old SE W800i.

It is not just a cellphone it is a memory stick, 2MP camera, MP3 player all in one package.

The memory stick is expandable up to 2GB but I am already satisfied with the 512MB memory card included in the package.

The 2megapixel cam pics are suitable to be printed clear on a 3R

And of course who could surpass Sony Walkman in terms of audio quality to enjoy music for hours.

Am trying to decide buying a new fone ... what would you suggest?

N70 music ed

n73 music ed

SEk800i

personally I think the features of n73 me tops them all but am worried about feedbacks that the joysticks easily broke. I do prefer a music fone with good sound quality.

Go for the N73 Music Edition.

Tried and Tested.

Good enough for audiophiles! ^_^

Speaking of music phones, I'm wondering how good the 5300 is as a music player AND a phone... I'm planning to buy a new phone, and I'm hoping to get an MP3 player also, but budget's tight so I have to find a phone with good music capabilities. I'm not inclined to the Sony's although I know they have good sounds. I don't like the earphone connectors on my K750i, it attaches to the base, same as the charger. Does the W880i have the same? At least the 5300 has a jack connector for the earphones.