Too Shy Ask For His/her Number

This happened to me when I was in college. A waiter in a fast food approached me while I'm havin lunch with my friend. He told me that there's a girl asking for my name and number. He then pointed to the chubby girl in blue. Unfortunately, im not into chubby girls so to get rid of her, I told the waiter to tell her sorry i won't , and that I'm gay. hahaha :D

lol

sorry if I'll be bursting your bubble but the things you see in hollywood movies dont necessarily apply here in the philippines. Unless siguro sa bar mo yan gawin di ka lang cguro papansinin ng babae :)

Out of all place na manghihingi ng number sa jeep pa talaga, e lahat ng tao kahit tayo ingat na ingat sa jeep dahil sa snatchers e hehe. :)

i was on my way home, someone did this. kaya lang not sa jeepney. sa bus. since ang transpo ko

papunta at pauwi, bus tlga normally.

galing DLSU this guy rode the bus, while im busy texting..

he sitted beside me. after a while he started asking if my school's already a co-ed institution already.

i answered then continued to text. after sometime, ang dame nya ng tinatanong nakikipag kwentuhan na

medyo kabado rin ako that time thinking he might be a holdupper. :lol:

pero sumasagot parin ako. nung medyo nasa phil trade na, he approached me asking for my digits..

dko alam anu nakain ko but i gave in hahaha :D

he went down sa baclaran and told me dun na daw sya. ako naman cge lang.

when this guy texted me, sabi nya he's from laguna, to my surprise, sabi ko bakit sa baclaran siya

baba e buendia sakayan ng laguna.. he just rode the bus up to baclaran to find some guts to ask for my

#. :lol: that time i laughed hard.. desperate hahaha

pero infairness, that guy is really goodlooking. kaya nga cguro dko naresist ung charms nya. :D :lol: :lol:

Edited by LuSciousNess

The jeepney is really not a nice place to just ask a pretty stranger for her number. Places where people are relaxed are the best places to approach girls. Bars are a given--some people go there to meet new people. Parties are also perfect. Other great places are coffee shops, bookstores and the gym. If you're a regular patron of the establishment, it's easier to approach people.

The strangers I've given my number to are usually the ones who have a friend/wingman with them. They're very witty, they can carry a conversation about almost anything and they have impeccable manners. Needless, to say, just be smart, funny and decent when you make small talk with a girl and you'll surely have her number. It also helps make subtle yabang--girls love guys who appear accomplished.

Winking would probably be one of those really tasteless things you can do to a stranger, but if you're really really good-looking it actually works. Someone actually once winked at me. He was so handsome I couldn't help smiling.

happened a few times, back during my commuting days. dedma lang. it's always easy to say no.

but if it happens now (which is unlikely to happen) , i'd probably end up giving an incredulous look, regardless of his outward appearance.

no offense meant. just being honest. but guys in jeepneys arent exactly a turn-on.

Edited by angel_by_day

Iv seen cute/gorgeous ladies in bus or even jeepneys a million times..kabado tlg to have d guts to ask for their digits coz i know that a jeep isn't a good place for such an act.

Though iv tried once sa jeep and twice ata s bus..

Sa jeep,nakaupo s unahan ung girl,while im someway middle s likod..i started with an eye contact,she seems to be responding naman,kaya ng bumaba n kami,i approached her while we were walking and asked her digits.success!

We even dated a couple of times..and u know..kaso nahuli ata ng bf..hehe!

Sa bus,nakaupo ung girl s opposite side q..lakasan lng tlg ng loob..i manage to have a small talk..at ng mlpit n akong bumaba,kinuha q # nya in such a nice way..ayun!success ulit!

Haha!

Pero 'til now,kabado prin aq kpg my cute n mgnda s jip..madalas 'til tingin lng ako..kpg hnd ngrespond,its her loss!

Wehehehehe

• 2 weeks later...

kwento ng bf ko(hindi pa kami magkakailala at that time).... nasa jeep sya noon pauwi sa kanila. may nakasabay syang babae. nagandahan sya. nakapwesto sa tapat nya. magkausap ang babae at kaibigan nito, tapos binigay nung babae ung number nya dun sa kaibigan nya.. tapos itong bf ko hawak fone nya at pasimpleng sinesave ung number nung babae habang sinsabi dun sa katabing kaibigan. tapos napansin ng babae at nahalata na kinukuha din ng bf ko ang number nya kaya huminto sa pagsasalita ang babae at kinuha na lang ang fone ng kaibigan at sinave ang number.. hindi nakumpleto ng bf ko yung number, walang yung last 4 digit pero save nya pa rin... then pag dating nya sa bahay. nakwento nya sa pinsan nya yung nangyari sa jeep at pinakita yung number. sabi nung pinsan nya, alam nya ang number na yun at kilala nya yung babae. friend pala yun ng gf ng pinsan nya. kaya ayun nakumpleto din ng bf ko yung number at natext nya yung babae... but in the end hindi rin sila nagkatuluyan.. hehe...

kwento ng bf ko(hindi pa kami magkakailala at that time).... nasa jeep sya noon pauwi sa kanila. may nakasabay syang babae. nagandahan sya. nakapwesto sa tapat nya. magkausap ang babae at kaibigan nito, tapos binigay nung babae ung number nya dun sa kaibigan nya.. tapos itong bf ko hawak fone nya at pasimpleng sinesave ung number nung babae habang sinsabi dun sa katabing kaibigan. tapos napansin ng babae at nahalata na kinukuha din ng bf ko ang number nya kaya huminto sa pagsasalita ang babae at kinuha na lang ang fone ng kaibigan at sinave ang number.. hindi nakumpleto ng bf ko yung number, walang yung last 4 digit pero save nya pa rin... then pag dating nya sa bahay. nakwento nya sa pinsan nya yung nangyari sa jeep at pinakita yung number. sabi nung pinsan nya, alam nya ang number na yun at kilala nya yung babae. friend pala yun ng gf ng pinsan nya. kaya ayun nakumpleto din ng bf ko yung number at natext nya yung babae... but in the end hindi rin sila nagkatuluyan.. hehe...

parang pelikula :heart:

shy type ako hehehe.. . but there are lots of way :D

• 2 weeks later...

:goatee: i guess i just had to react to this...haha...anyway, the statement guys in jeepneys arent exactly a turn-on just struck me...it made me think, if guys in jeepneys arent your thing, then i guess (just guessing, subject to rebuttal) guys who commute arent exactly your kind of guy, especially since you mentioned you would most likely not be taking a puv anytime soon...just a thought... :flowers: ...anyway, so as not to be off topic, personally and being a guy for that matter, it would not mean much if i did indeed ask for a ladies number...i honestly am fascinated by ladies who know how to take the puv and actually are very knowledgeable when it comes to what puvs to take on certain kinds of route to travel...especially and despite the fact that they own a car, they still dont mind taking the puv...that is someone whos number is worth asking for...and i wouldnt definitely back down on asking for her digits :goatee:

happened a few times, back during my commuting days. dedma lang. it's always easy to say no.

but if it happens now (which is unlikely to happen) , i'd probably end up giving an incredulous look, regardless of his outward appearance.

no offense meant. just being honest. but guys in jeepneys arent exactly a turn-on.

• 1 month later...

Saw this topic just now, very interesting..I actually acquired this skill few years back..yes skill, like any other skill its something that you do have to practice on especially if you were as torpe as I was before Not to sound too overconfident or anything I would to share my experience regarding this. A bit long but I hope its worth the read.

I was torpe, really torpe. My eyes gets watery,my whole body shakes and I stutter a lot whenever I talk to women, mostly women who I find attractive.

I didnt like how I look before. I thought I was ugly to be honest , mainly because I always see my self everyday and see all those imperfections. So my confidence was at all time low. Very eager to change all of this, I tried to improve on the physical "aspect". Before, I use to have raggy long hair, im quite tall at 5'10", but Im so thin weighing at 135 lbs. So I worked on this by obviously going to the gym, cutting my hair, etc. etc. Long story short, during college. I became a model, not just any model . Model that you do see on billboards those days, I went to other countries to do some ads as well..(obviously im not going to say who I am, though some of you might have heard of me or at least know me by face)...anyway going back, I wasnt as ugly as I thought I am....but still....TORPE.

My confidence is there cause I know I have the looks, but I am dead afraid on approaching women.

So, I thought I need to work on this....Though this I learn from other models who I actually think there are so full of themselves already and the borderline between confidence and pride is at its peak..

Though I must admit their advice is really good. They dont me to PRACTICE..yes PRACTICE..

1st step was to just talk to women, strangers, any women on the department on the drugstore, any women doesnt have to be pretty. Try to crack some jokes , make them smile..then get out...no need to ask their numbers.

2nd step: Again, talk to women, they dont have to be pretty at all... but this time do it much longer, to the point that you are talking about personal stuff etc.. at this point, its possible that you may have the opportunity to swap numbers, just let it be, you dont have to call them, just see how comfortable you are, sometimes they will even ask your number. you dont have to do anything.

3rd step: Now, this is the time you choose your target.. same routine as before, make small talks, make her laugh...then this is important, for you not to appear to be aggressive or a stalker...always say a time that you have to go...say something like. "I have to meet a friend in half an hour, or I cant stay long cause I need to be home early.." put a time. After a few chit chat, the asking of number will come naturally.....so there you go

Few tips though:

1. Maintian eye contact

2. Stay on the same eye level as her more or less, if she is seating down...excuse yourself to sit down as well. If shes sitting up, talk to her also while standing up.

3. The first 3 minutes of conversation is all you...You have to have a good story to keep her interested for the 1st 3 mins of conversation, then slowly she will open up .

4. As said before, always have a time out..." I need to meet a friend...I cant stay long..."

5. Crack some jokes, you do have to have a bit of sense of humor to break the ice.

I thing I dont agree on this discussion what some guys suggested:

"Go for it! Ask her bluntly! Have the courage..." - This is a suicide, a 50/50 chance, Most of the time, she will be caught off guard and dont know what to do... If you are lucky that you are her type then yeah..jackpot but if not then its a bust. This might impede confidence if you do get rejected. But of course rejection is also part of experience...but approaching a girl and asking her number without small talk, is just plain ridiculous.

Pick up lines...oh please dont use those cheesy lines unless you have the charisma to throw baduy pickup lines and recover from it in an instant with a witty line. Think Barney of How I met your mother

I hope this helps...

• 6 months later...
Saw this topic just now, very interesting..I actually acquired this skill few years back..yes skill, like any other skill its something that you do have to practice on especially if you were as torpe as I was before Not to sound too overconfident or anything I would to share my experience regarding this. A bit long but I hope its worth the read.

I was torpe, really torpe. My eyes gets watery,my whole body shakes and I stutter a lot whenever I talk to women, mostly women who I find attractive.

I didnt like how I look before. I thought I was ugly to be honest , mainly because I always see my self everyday and see all those imperfections. So my confidence was at all time low. Very eager to change all of this, I tried to improve on the physical "aspect". Before, I use to have raggy long hair, im quite tall at 5'10", but Im so thin weighing at 135 lbs. So I worked on this by obviously going to the gym, cutting my hair, etc. etc. Long story short, during college. I became a model, not just any model . Model that you do see on billboards those days, I went to other countries to do some ads as well..(obviously im not going to say who I am, though some of you might have heard of me or at least know me by face)...anyway going back, I wasnt as ugly as I thought I am....but still....TORPE.

My confidence is there cause I know I have the looks, but I am dead afraid on approaching women.

So, I thought I need to work on this....Though this I learn from other models who I actually think there are so full of themselves already and the borderline between confidence and pride is at its peak..

Though I must admit their advice is really good. They dont me to PRACTICE..yes PRACTICE..

1st step was to just talk to women, strangers, any women on the department on the drugstore, any women doesnt have to be pretty. Try to crack some jokes , make them smile..then get out...no need to ask their numbers.

2nd step: Again, talk to women, they dont have to be pretty at all... but this time do it much longer, to the point that you are talking about personal stuff etc.. at this point, its possible that you may have the opportunity to swap numbers, just let it be, you dont have to call them, just see how comfortable you are, sometimes they will even ask your number. you dont have to do anything.

3rd step: Now, this is the time you choose your target.. same routine as before, make small talks, make her laugh...then this is important, for you not to appear to be aggressive or a stalker...always say a time that you have to go...say something like. "I have to meet a friend in half an hour, or I cant stay long cause I need to be home early.." put a time. After a few chit chat, the asking of number will come naturally.....so there you go

Few tips though:

1. Maintian eye contact

2. Stay on the same eye level as her more or less, if she is seating down...excuse yourself to sit down as well. If shes sitting up, talk to her also while standing up.

3. The first 3 minutes of conversation is all you...You have to have a good story to keep her interested for the 1st 3 mins of conversation, then slowly she will open up .

4. As said before, always have a time out..." I need to meet a friend...I cant stay long..."

5. Crack some jokes, you do have to have a bit of sense of humor to break the ice.

I thing I dont agree on this discussion what some guys suggested:

"Go for it! Ask her bluntly! Have the courage..." - This is a suicide, a 50/50 chance, Most of the time, she will be caught off guard and dont know what to do... If you are lucky that you are her type then yeah..jackpot but if not then its a bust. This might impede confidence if you do get rejected. But of course rejection is also part of experience...but approaching a girl and asking her number without small talk, is just plain ridiculous.

Pick up lines...oh please dont use those cheesy lines unless you have the charisma to throw baduy pickup lines and recover from it in an instant with a witty line. Think Barney of How I met your mother

I hope this helps...

this is very true..

made me realize something :)

thanks bro :)