Too Shy Ask For His/her Number

Hahaha! This is very good advice! I haven't tried it but I already see it working. :D A lot of literature have been saying to imagine yourself being this and that. But I see this as more effective. Hehehe! How I see this working: 1) It make you laugh. This will put a bug smile on your face, thus making it appear that you are enjoying yourself. 2) It puts her off the pedestal. Makes her more human again. That should get you talking. 3) You can even use it as a pick-up line. If she asks you, "what seems to be so funny?" You can say, "I just thought of you doing something very... shall we say, natural?" This can make a girl curious. If she bugs you to tell her what's on your mind, then you know that the game is on. Nice!

Ok, the situation is that you were already able to get her number or at least start a conversation. The problem is that there's lag in the interaction. Though I think hindi para dito itong scenario na 'to, pwede pa rin naman.

So going back, I agree that listening is key. Listen to subtle clues. Now, pa'no pag wala talaga? A usual response that we guys could get is a dead answer. You get this by asking close-ended question. Never ask a categorical question (answerable by a "yes" or "no.") Always go for an open-ended one. Now, sometimes even if it's open-ended, we end up with a boring response. But you'd only get it if you ask a boring question (see below).

Another concern that we have: we always want to start a conversation focusing on her. Questions like, "where are you studying?" or "what's your favorite music?" Basically the same, old, boring questions which would show that we are interested. I say this will make you come across as a boring individual. And that's also the reason why you run out of questions to ask. You've been programed to ask boring questions. Pano nga naman kung naubusan ka na? Then the answer is, ask creative questions! Heck! It doesn't even matter if the question is stupid! Basta you can put a twist in it.

Sample:

Naubusan na kayo ng topic dahil parang interview na ang ginawa mong kwentuhan. Meaning puro, "what school are you from?" or "ilan ang kapatid mo?" "anong favorite color mo?" or "anong music or sinong artist ang madalas mong pakinggan?" etc. Syempre kinakabahan ka na kasi wala ka nang matanong. Tahimik na lang din sya.

First thing you do is, look like you're in deep thought. Tumingin ka muna sa kawalan. Kunwari nagmumuni-muni. Then ask her a creative question like, "Which one would you choose: sail the seven seas in a galleon, or travel around the 8 planets inside a rocket ship?" Then ask why. Just keep on probing. But here's a caveat: don't make it boring. Lagyan mo pa ng twists. Gawin mong nakakatawa. Pag sumagot na sya, pwede mong dagdagan ng "Eh pano kung dun sa space ship, ang kasama mo eh arabong tatlong dekada nang hindi naliligo (assuming pinili nya yung spaceship)?"

I'm sure marami na kayong mapag-uusapan dito. One time I used this, tumagal pa ng isang oras ang usapan namin. Lumabas pa pati yung mga fears nya sa buhay, mga experience nya with her barkada, at kung anu-ano pa. And take note, this is a girl na kilalang malakas mambara.

Basta don't ask boring questions!

Yang hirit mo na, "parang katawan ko lang ang gusto nila," gamitin mo sa kanila. Say that out loud. Pag tahimik sya, sabihin mo, "Tahimik ka ata. Siguro iniisip mo nang mabuti yung katawan ko ngayon noh?!" or something like that.

Ngitian mo lang. Gawin mo yung payo ni Yama. Sigurado lalaki ngiti mo sa mukha. Basta wag lang ngiting manyak.

Sobrang torpe din ako at natututo pa lang maging Don Juan. Pero yung mga sinabi ko sa taas ang napatunayan ko nang gumagana. Pero tanchahan din yan.

galing.. nice tol.. thanks sa mga pointers..

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

guess im really not that aggressive to do the first move

esp in asking ones number upfront and in person

maybe what i can do is to ask his number from someone else that we both know

or ask his number from someone i know that knows him too hehehehe..

diskarte ika nga but if that wont work too

i just say to myself that maybe we're not meant to be so no need to push it further

However i already tried asking for ones number from those that i was able to talk to tru chat or emails

i was able to muster some "guts/ courage" once i already made some conversation with that someone that i find interesting

in the past i remember back in college

there was this someone who sent me a message, giving his contact number and asking me to call him and be friends

and it was written on the back of "dahon ng sagin" ..we're in the beach then and i guess he was not able to find a paper

the boy/ messenger said that the note was for the girl with my description

and i admit i can't help not to admire his creativity and guts

i tried to call him but the line that he gave me was always busy

hangan sa nawalan na rin ako ng gana na tawagan sya :wacko:

Pag classamte, kunyari kailangan mo ng help sa homework.

Pag kaopisina, kunyari baka may holiday kailangan mo ng counterchecking kung may pasok.

Pag nasa bus, kwento ka muna ng: "hay naku, hirap talaga ng nagbu-bus. Kung may kotse lang sana..." of course you talk to her/him. Then say your name, extend hand, if she/he extends his/her...dapat may cell number ka na before makababa.

Pag wala pa, ewan ko na lang. :goatee:

try to look at her in the eyes... then see if she would look back at you the second time, if it does then... you can ask her no.

if not then go to plan B. smile while she looked at you if she smiled back then go and ask her na... if not and gives you a snubbed look, kahit na lapitan nyo ndi sya makikipagusap sau...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bleeding_angel

give her yours...

as a girl... i can say this does not work all time... because we dont really call if we are not interested...

but you'll never really know...

it could be your lucky day.

• 5 weeks later...

I experienced this a number of times while I was in a bus going to Manila.. the first time I saw her I was really attracted to her.. during the duration of the trip, I was thinking of different ways on how I will introduce myself to her without scaring her away.. hmm.. sad to say I was to shy to do anything.. given the chance again, I would take the risk cause I'll never know what could have been. The important thing is to show her your sincerity and that you have good intentions.. wag yung manyakis or stalker ang labas mo..

• 3 months later...

One time I was in the car driving home with a school mate in the front passenger seat, my bro and his girlfriend and my younger sister on the back seat. We saw two college girls inside the jeepney en route home, they were in front of us. My bro stuck his feet on to my face as I was driving and the girls so what he did and they laughed. One of the girls had gone down to the same place where we were to go. I got a pen and paper and wrote my number and asked my friend to give it to her. But for crying out loud, he was too shy to do it...even just for me.

I drove off without having been able to hand the piece of paper to her because we were stalling the traffic. Then I thought I could have gone down and talk to her and/or offered her a ride home. That was 5 years ago and I still think about it.

But I know better now not to miss on chances...