• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

me an my friends have been doing martial arts (jiu jutsu, muay thai, Boxing and krav maga) However, we only learned it through instructional videos, demos and reading materials. We apply it towards each other but never in a formal venue (gym or martial arts school) We feel that we are weird because we wanted this hobby of our to discreet so that if there is a need to apply it no one will have a clue that we know how to fight.

Are there any establishments that specialize in krav maga or jeet kune do any where in the south?

Where exactly in the south? If you're talking about somewhere in the Makati area, there's a gym called FTX (Fitness Exchange) where you can sign up for legit Krav Maga classes. The head instructor there is Mr. Dindo de Jesus, Regional Director for Asia of the International Krav Maga Federation. If you need to learn more about it you can visit their Facebook Page, just search for IKMF Philippines or Dindo de Jesus.

You can also visit this blog: Krav Maga: My Journey

Edited by HarleyQueen

me an my friends have been doing martial arts (jiu jutsu, muay thai, Boxing and krav maga) However, we only learned it through instructional videos, demos and reading materials. We apply it towards each other but never in a formal venue (gym or martial arts school) We feel that we are weird because we wanted this hobby of our to discreet so that if there is a need to apply it no one will have a clue that we know how to fight.

Your need to be discreet is understandable. However, in the instance of Krav Maga, the fighting is secondary to behavior training. The ability to switch from utter calm to complete aggression whilst maintaining a steady heart rate in order to execute techniques properly can be achieved through the proper guidance of people who have been training for years.

I've been a Krav student for more than half a year and from my experience, the body pains, aches, bruises and most of all the knowledge that I've learned far outweigh the need for discretion.

Please try to visit this blog: Krav Maga: My Journey

Edited by HarleyQueen
  • 3 months later...

what is the best MA for a small guy about 5'2 - 5'4. thank you.

even if you're of small stature.. so long as you are muscular.. have great tendon strength.. flexible .. and have great stamina.. you can engage in any martial art you desire.. boxing/muay thai, brazilian jujitsu,, and FMA.. are the best combo for self-defense.. Krav Maga.. is a quickie version for personal self-defense..MMA is a combo of striking and grappling arts.... still.. if you're up against multiple opponents ala Vhong Navarro.. vs. Cedric Lee and his cohorts.. IT IS BEST TO CARRY A GUN.. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN AGAINST A MOB ATTACK.. A KNIFE.. EVEN IF YOU ARE SKILLED.. CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH..