Martial Arts

Corkscrew

• 1 month later...

In real life situations where u are faced w/ multiple attackers who are attacking u at the same time w/ knives & sticks, it doesn't really matter what type of martial arts u r utilizing. What matters is that if u are able to move fast enough & that u know how to counter every attack that comes to u. Even if u know the deadliest martial art in the world but u are not fast enough & u don't know how to move properly, might as well run as fast as u can instead of acting like Bruce Lee in his movies where he beats up all of his opponents who are armed w/ weapons.

But seriously, if u can't run anymore, might as well fight dirty. That is poke their eyes, kick their balls, & kick their shin. Actually, there's a logic to that coz what u will be doing is actually going for their vital points/parts. If u hit their eyes, balls, shin or their throat, this will cause them so much pain thus stopping them from attacking u. However, as I have mentioned earlier, u have to be fast enough to react to their attacks so as not to be stabbed by their knives first.

The bottom line is, choose a martial art that u will be comfortable with and master all of it's techniques. That would be the only time that u will have a "FIGHTING CHANCE" when faced w/ multiple attackers. If u prefer to use striking techniques, go for Muay Thai, Karate, Savate, Taekwondo, Kickboxing, etc... If u enjoy doing ground works, try Jiujitsu, Judo, Sambo, greco roman wrestling, etc... But if u prefer to use ur opponents force, u might want to practice Judo or Aikido.

Some tips when dealing w/ multiple attackers: 1) never concentrate too much on one opponent 2) always watch ur back or never lose sight of ur attackers 3) try to position urself where ur attackers will all be in front of u.

i agree with this one sir. especially when it is your life or a loved one's life that is in danger. you have to fight like a wild animal.

• 4 weeks later...

Question lang po:

I'm very interested in learning a dicipline

but I kinda skinny

do you guys recommend I should at least gain weight first before studying?

or should I go ahead?

Thanx.

no need just go straight to the training, anyways they have the program to gain or loose weight while doing the training.

bjj the best!

yap bjj, though karate martial arts ang na enroll ko last summer, sayang nga d ko na mgamit coz hectic ang sked

sa office, till brwon belter lang inabot ko.

mga friends, kung arnis ang trip nyo,

share ko lang yun nahanap ko.

every sun morning sa rizal park (luneta)

7:00am - 10:00am

learn eskrima arts from grandmaster rodel dagooc (search nyo sya sa youtube)

old guy pero ang bilis kumilos, parang totoong ninja. idol!

50 pesos lang per session

or kung trip nyo balik-balikan,

meron 500pesos lifetime membership.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Question lang po:

I'm very interested in learning a dicipline

but I kinda skinny

do you guys recommend I should at least gain weight first before studying?

or should I go ahead?

Thanx.

oks lang yan sir, ako nga nag BJJ tapos 5'9 ako and 126 lbs lang

yun nga lang sa dojo, ako yung nate-teabag parati, kasi pareparehas kayo ng skill set or mas mahusay siya sa sayo tapos magaan ka at hindi kasing lakas ng ka-roll mo, talo ka talaga

anyone here know any arnis gym near makati area? been trying to find a good gym for a while. if anyone also knows any kombatan gym, parang maganda curriculum nila.

sir yung kombatan sa may raon yan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Training MMA for 4 years now and fought Ranked Matches.

Join us at Submission Sports Philippines http://www.facebook.com/OfficialDongyanatics/posts/140646679320833#!/group.php?gid=55400439249

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkK2BxA-TQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PBcZSG5gXA&feature=player_embedded

Pic of me training

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v5016/95/26/1078759225/n1078759225_30359019_4994151.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hello new here to old to fight this days had military hand to hand training both for phil rangers mindanoa vet n us pathfinder ranger knife and hand to hand also started martial arts when i was young learned taekwondo under TAP (teekwondo ass. phil) then boxing in colledge learned arnis and balisong under ernesto presas in UST where i got scouted by the rangers fought a couple of money fights in cavite and bulacan when MMA wasnt around yet i wonder if you guys know a gym near my location to practice and condition that has formidable opponents to practice with and not easily intimidated my location is in paranaque and laguna

Sir, anu ba meaning ng bjj. un bbj lng ang alam ko eh. bka pde ako mag train nung bjj wag lng un bbj. hehehe

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Tried Shorin-Ryu Karate when I was in high-school.

Now that I'm working, I'm still interested in Martial arts. I just don't have time to find another dojo.

Does anybody know if there are any ninjutsu dojos in the Philippines?

• 2 weeks later...