Martial Arts

Corkscrew

• 3 weeks later...

im here in uk.my biggest regret is not to study martial arts there in pinas before i go here. one of the martial arts that caught my attention is filipino martial arts specifically filipino boxing. according to americans sila nagbago ng style ng boxing compared sa boxing style before early 1900.after worldwar 2, there are few pinoy usnavy that introduced a new style in boxing which is from our native manomano style boxing and later on the boxing style evolves. i regret that i didnt study arnis which other nation used it in thier military special force knife fighting system like the us which they teach in the navy seal and other sf, they based it in our arnis or knife fighting system.thers another arts thats not famous even in pinas."dumog".one of the club or gym that im interested to join is the -nuddamaxtraining.try to see this site.it shows how dangerous our martial arts is, but sadly the foreiners are the one whose getting credits for our riches in talents and arts.more power to all.

karate with sensei mike of the philippine team. we train in dep.ed ortigas...(batugang member)

judo (basic) back in hs.

i want to learn yawyan, sarian, bak mei.

sir san kau nag train? anu po sked nyo? pede mag cross train sa inyo? i practice shorin and goju ryu. brown belt palang po. at anu un bak mei?

im here in uk.my biggest regret is not to study martial arts there in pinas before i go here. one of the martial arts that caught my attention is filipino martial arts specifically filipino boxing. according to americans sila nagbago ng style ng boxing compared sa boxing style before early 1900.after worldwar 2, there are few pinoy usnavy that introduced a new style in boxing which is from our native manomano style boxing and later on the boxing style evolves. i regret that i didnt study arnis which other nation used it in thier military special force knife fighting system like the us which they teach in the navy seal and other sf, they based it in our arnis or knife fighting system.thers another arts thats not famous even in pinas."dumog".one of the club or gym that im interested to join is the -nuddamaxtraining.try to see this site.it shows how dangerous our martial arts is, but sadly the foreiners are the one whose getting credits for our riches in talents and arts.more power to all.

You can try the doce pares school in the UK. I do not know how far this is from your place but at least it's in the same continent. I study a different system that utilizes two sticks or the doble baston method, but they are all based on the same art.

Sorry bout that. Here it is again

http://www.dgdocepares.co.uk/

http://www.doceparesuk.com/

anung martial arts ba pwede talaga in real life multiple attackers at the same time tapos armed sila lahat ng palamlo at patalim, interesado ako matuto , kunwari mga 5 armed attackers paligiran ka?

Yes. You're supposed to try and make sure you're back side isn't exposed. Try to find one way out and run as fast as you can away from your attackers. Taking them on is a really really stupid act.

anung martial arts ba pwede talaga in real life multiple attackers at the same time tapos armed sila lahat ng palamlo at patalim, interesado ako matuto , kunwari mga 5 armed attackers paligiran ka?

Try the local Krav Maga school here. I still prefer Filipino Martial Arts but if you don't have whole lot of time to learn a particular art, I hear this is the best alternative. I think their school is somewhere in San Juan or Mandaluyong.

In real life situations where u are faced w/ multiple attackers who are attacking u at the same time w/ knives & sticks, it doesn't really matter what type of martial arts u r utilizing. What matters is that if u are able to move fast enough & that u know how to counter every attack that comes to u. Even if u know the deadliest martial art in the world but u are not fast enough & u don't know how to move properly, might as well run as fast as u can instead of acting like Bruce Lee in his movies where he beats up all of his opponents who are armed w/ weapons.

But seriously, if u can't run anymore, might as well fight dirty. That is poke their eyes, kick their balls, & kick their shin. Actually, there's a logic to that coz what u will be doing is actually going for their vital points/parts. If u hit their eyes, balls, shin or their throat, this will cause them so much pain thus stopping them from attacking u. However, as I have mentioned earlier, u have to be fast enough to react to their attacks so as not to be stabbed by their knives first.

The bottom line is, choose a martial art that u will be comfortable with and master all of it's techniques. That would be the only time that u will have a "FIGHTING CHANCE" when faced w/ multiple attackers. If u prefer to use striking techniques, go for Muay Thai, Karate, Savate, Taekwondo, Kickboxing, etc... If u enjoy doing ground works, try Jiujitsu, Judo, Sambo, greco roman wrestling, etc... But if u prefer to use ur opponents force, u might want to practice Judo or Aikido.

Some tips when dealing w/ multiple attackers: 1) never concentrate too much on one opponent 2) always watch ur back or never lose sight of ur attackers 3) try to position urself where ur attackers will all be in front of u.

Edited by Turninglong
  • Like (+1) 1

i mostly know how to box since i went and learn from a boxing gym back there in phils and here in the states!

currently ryt now i am training and learning 'Vale Tudo' since im here in Florida cuz the main training camps of UFC and K1 fighters are here in Florida!

once im done with my training and graduate from 'Vale Tudo' i would love to learn and pursue neither of the 3 kinds of martial arts whatever which one i encounter first...

Krav Maga , Muay Boran , Spetsnaz M.A. System

• 2 weeks later...
they say that there is a formula like "weight x speed = power" So being skinny, you could move faster, therefore, having the same power as those with bulky opponents who are usually slow compared to the skinny ones.

Believe me. Its harder to land a hit on a skinny bloke than on a fat b@stard.

Mas Oyama said Mass x Speed x Grip Strength = Power of the punch.

ex. if your 200lbs your punch should be about 500lb per square in (roughly speaking)

• 2 weeks later...

Jeet Kune Do 2 day seminar in Makati City (near Cash & Carry mall & Gil Puyat Avenue)

Learn Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do from Ted Wong student Mark Stewart

Topics covered:

On Guard Stance, Footwork, Trapping, Leading Straight Punch, Lead Kicks.

Learn JKD as Bruce Lee taught in it's last stages and as he moved in Game of Death & Enter the Dragon!

March 13 to 14, 2010 1:30 PM

Fee: P1,500 per day

DG Catameo 0917-3639567, Jason de Ocampo 0927-6567956

Place: 4661 Makiling Street, corner Filmore Street, Palanan, Makati

(2 blocks away from Cash & Carry Mall) (near Gil Puyat Avenue)

Edited by snowflake