Martial Arts

Corkscrew

• 2 weeks later...
ano mas madali krava maga o yaw yan? planning to take up martial arts

KRAV MAGA - israeli combat art. strictly practical self defense. the only official gym is in san juan.

YAW YAN - filipino martial art. the focus is mostly competition. branches in cubao, marikina/cainta, etc...

what exactly are your intentions?

Edited by Palakol
ano mas madali krava maga o yaw yan? planning to take up martial arts

the two martial arts are different and thus have differences in difficulty. krav maga is more reality based self defense which allows someone to use almost every kind of possible tactic to stave of an attacker. yaw yan is a striking martial art which can be used both in self defense and in sport application (such as in kickboxing or mma). other forms of yaw yan like ardigma or hybrid yaw yan have been used effectively in mma as it has moves to counter the techniques of bjj and the other grappling arts. krav maga on the other hand has no sport or competition application.

i guess the right question for you to ask is not which of the two is easier it is 'what do you really want to learn it for?'. Are you planning to compete in mma or in other forms of martial arts competition or are you just looking for a practical method of self defense.

Guys, what's another effective martial arts self-defense?

I tried aikido before when I was in college but didn't have the time to continue due to studies.

i'd suggest a FMA chief, try arnis de mano or kali as some call it, really practical self defense at the same time you'd know what to do even without a stick ^_^

no problem chief

chief Palakol & geneticfreak, nagtanong ako dati sa Krav Maga ang mahal nya ah 6k tapos ilang sessions lang yun, kaso hardcore daw talaga ang training kasama pati groin kicks & strikes ^_^

bro if youre in a tight budget try sprint running or what is commonly called "sayonachi" very effective and very cheap, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KRAV MAGA - israeli combat art. strictly practical self defense. the only official gym is in san juan.

YAW YAN - filipino martial art. the focus is mostly competition. branches in cubao, marikina/cainta, etc...

what exactly are your intentions?

Bro, san ung branch nila sa marikina/cainta? wanted to look for it kaya lng ala pa ko time. Thanks sa heads up!

when I was 18 I started learning Kyokoshin under a Japanese named tatsu.. man was it harsh.. I trained for around 8months.. after which I started to develop kulay ube hands.. ang pangit pero porma tignan ahhaha. Then after he went back home.. I started learning muay thai since everybody in the group move to it since they say it was pretty much close to Kyokoshin except for the fact that you have to wear gloves.. dito nag kulay ube naman front leg ko.. I mean there were times it hurt so much that training became unbearable.. halong alaxan n shengoshou (red mint relieving water).. I trained muay thai for like 6months lang then move to Jujitsu.. kakatuwa kasi trapping, locking and choke hold. I did this for 6months too.. ayun after that.. medyo nawala na kasi puro work na inatupad ko.. need them cash to get some dates hahaha ^_^