Martial Arts

Corkscrew

when I was 18 I started learning Kyokoshin under a Japanese named tatsu.. man was it harsh.. I trained for around 8months.. after which I started to develop kulay ube hands.. ang pangit pero porma tignan ahhaha. Then after he went back home.. I started learning muay thai since everybody in the group move to it since they say it was pretty much close to Kyokoshin except for the fact that you have to wear gloves.. dito nag kulay ube naman front leg ko.. I mean there were times it hurt so much that training became unbearable.. halong alaxan n shengoshou (red mint relieving water).. I trained muay thai for like 6months lang then move to Jujitsu.. kakatuwa kasi trapping, locking and choke hold. I did this for 6months too.. ayun after that.. medyo nawala na kasi puro work na inatupad ko.. need them cash to get some dates hahaha ^_^

nice cross training MA chief, what BJJ school did you train in po ba? ^_^

chief post ko lang dito. baka may mahilig mag FMA dito eh...

For those who reside within or near marikina , we will be forming a new escrima/ FMA group in the said area. Classes will be held on Sundays.

For more information, you can e-mail us: traditional_escrima@yahoo.com or PM me. Please introduce yourself together with your name, age, and martial arts background.

Salamat!

• 1 month later...

For quite some time now I've been posting against martial arts nonsense like:

chi or qi

or really stupid stuff like:

"teh d34dly pr355ur3 p01nt5 of d34th!"

I've actually been away from this thread for quite some time as I've found it to be getting a bit boring for me. This is a good thing by the way, it tells me that there's been no woo-woo nonsense sprouting.

Anyway, I found these video clips of a MA group that claims to practice complete nonsense like "no touch knockouts" and ci development. the group is called Yellow Bamboo. These videos show what happens when these claims are put to the test:

1.)http://www.bullshido.net/forums/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=63#watch

and

2.)http://www.bullshido.net/forums/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=65

Remember, these fools claim that they can repel the attacks just by chi alone, and can even knockout the attackers before they get close...watch what happens. Now if you're in a MA group that makes claims like these, do yourself a favour and leave. Now. Before you come up against a real fighter and get hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

chi or ki... or intrinsic energy... is very much real... unfortunately... rare will you find a master who would teach this art openly.,, Even so... most practitioners of the 'soft' style are quick to say that they are not invincible.. I last time I did witness a true internal style was back in the late 60s.. and early 70s...sa Chinatown... a visiting master from taiwan... No dim mak.. the judo guy tried to grapple the 40 something master to the ground... he shoke his body... and the judo guy fell by the side...three guys tried to gang up on him.. attacking from all sides... kuyog style... all at the same time.. he just walked in circles... at hindi po siya tamaan o mahuli... he never threw a punch or kick.. challenge po ung mga participants... they really tried to humiliate the man,,and his so called 'style',,, pero hindi umubra...

Nowadays... it is best to take up BJJ or wrestling judo... and combine it with a striking style...muy thai.. or whatever... and try to study a Filipino martial art that's authentic...to be a well-rounded martial artist.

• 2 weeks later...

qi balls,dim mak,laser beams etc ist all crap ..u can fight with any style as long you train right

if u wanna join mma u have to train like that if u just wanna selfdefence then find a school that

teaches how to strike...and more importantly how to increase ur awarenes..u can avoid fights with a good awarenes..

my martialart is Hung Kuen

Hung Gar Kuen was the martial art of the real Wong Fei Hung,no,not what Jet Li did in once upon a time in china..Hung Gar is not acrobatic..its low kicks,strong punches,take downs....right now the only school for hung gar in the Philippines is in Manila chinatown..also one of the first schools that dont care if you chinese ,filipino or from jupiter anyone with a honest interest is welcome...soon there will be also classes in the TaeKwon Do center of MonsourDel Rosario in the Fort....

visit http://www.martial-club.com :thumbsupsmiley:

Excuse me ask lng po ako kung may nka pg try n ng Copoiera ? :) If so mdali ko kyang ma adapt yng Acrobatics ? :( medyo worried ako bka kc puro sakit ng ktawan lng mkuha ko :P well background was muay thai , will add BJJ by next week along with Copoiera mg ka sunod lng kc yng session kya im planning to try :)

• 2 weeks later...
Excuse me ask lng po ako kung may nka pg try n ng Copoiera ? :) If so mdali ko kyang ma adapt yng Acrobatics ? :( medyo worried ako bka kc puro sakit ng ktawan lng mkuha ko :P well background was muay thai , will add BJJ by next week along with Copoiera mg ka sunod lng kc yng session kya im planning to try :)

are you gonna take Capoeira in Xavier under Fantasmo?

hello

I am interested in this Martial Arts things but do not know where to start

could you guys help me!

Thanks! :unsure:

it mostly depends on where you are familiar with chief, at the same time what kind of Martial Art would you prefer

if you're interested in standup i'd recommend Karate for someone who hasn't had any background in Martial Arts

and if you'd like the ground and grappling then, i should say Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but Judo for me would be a great start in the ground game ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
great answer. you might also wanna check out tapondo. combat aikido (their gym is along cubao-edsa) and continue your study of the art of aikido.

Tapondo (Cubao Dojo) is a good martial art. Wanted to continue what I started a decade ago but its too far from work. Im into traditional aikido now which dojo is closer to my office, starting from scratch though.

• 1 month later...

Hello friends... my regards to mr corkscrew sa napakagandang topic hehe..

my style is Sikadsu and infamous Filipinized shotokan karate From PUMA association international

im a brownbelt of arnis and sikadsu and training for 4 years now

also tried to fight in MMA and karate FC exhibition matches and won some hehe

salute to all fellow martial arts practicioner

PUMA association have many affiliations we are like nomads with no true gym hehehe

my instructor is the eldest son of the Grandmaster itself

hehe

i did a bit of Karatedo when i was kid as well chief, did take lessons in the old Goldcrest in Makati

BTW chief Lagnonector what's PUMA?

Philippine union of martial arts association (international) Kinda discreet org po kami the style of the people here

is to hide that they have martial background (yung tipong para di halata hehe)

yan po meaning nyan sir....

hehe

i wish sana gumaling na ang mga paltos kong malalalalim hehehe sakit eh

BTW sir riceboi what po discipline nyo?

Philippine union of martial arts association (international) Kinda discreet org po kami the style of the people here

is to hide that they have martial background (yung tipong para di halata hehe)

yan po meaning nyan sir....

hehe

i wish sana gumaling na ang mga paltos kong malalalalim hehehe sakit eh

BTW sir riceboi what po discipline nyo?

i'm doing BJJ boss, although i've stopped for a good amount of months now... hmmm so that's what PUMA means, no offense chief i really haven't heard of the org nor haven't heard about PUMA competetion meets, the only Karate school i know now in the the country is that of AAK in Megamall boss (well that and the Karate lessons offered in this Barangay Hall in Manila)

anyways great that your training MA boss, i hope that one day the dream that is the MTC fightclub, where all disciplines converge and we train & teach each other will come true ^_^

i'm doing BJJ boss, although i've stopped for a good amount of months now... hmmm so that's what PUMA means, no offense chief i really haven't heard of the org nor haven't heard about PUMA competetion meets, the only Karate school i know now in the the country is that of AAK in Megamall boss (well that and the Karate lessons offered in this Barangay Hall in Manila)

anyways great that your training MA boss, i hope that one day the dream that is the MTC fightclub, where all disciplines converge and we train & teach each other will come true ^_^

@RED

Sir its very ok our organization are kinda secret hehe kinda like APO but not a frat hehe...

the guys there are not the divulging type and thats what i like about them... our last meet was last june 28 2009 in starmall munti hehe... kinda rough...

@purple

haha its great to have that... i hope it can happen too

---------------------------------

BJJ are great for grappling and ground and pound hehe...

and what does AAK means? hehe